Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare V Dublin Rap Battle

• 09-06-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I started off a bit shakey in the first round cos I was nervous but I think I repped Ennis pretty well. Going over to the UK to take on a fella from Liverpool next.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Well done, not my kinda thing at all but I did lol a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

dunno, something a bit uncomfortable about irish accents tryng to rap, no offence to you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

No worries. Neither of us would be the best the country has to offer. Rapping without beats sounds pretty uncomfortable unless you're very good. Lots of room for improvement with the next one. Was just for laughs this time really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Nice one man, glad you beat the bollix off yer'man, I knew he was in trouble when he had to resort to the homophobic jibes, a trait I dislike in hiphop.

No homo. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

Sounds good!! Well done.

Irish accents rapping does strike me as a bit odd. Just feel like it doesn't fit.

But, i suppose it's just an unfamiliar mix and time will fix that.

• Advertisement

Some better examples of Irish rap would be RíRá or Rob Kelly. They're at it decades though so takes time to get it right.

The RíRá video is from 2008!

The rapping sounds well with the irish accent...or maybe I'm just getting used to the sound

They just sound good because they're good :). RíRá played the point back in 1988. He's at it a while! Even supported U2 back in the day. Got signed to Virgin in the early 90's (with his group Scary Eire) but the album got shelved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Well done Shapey Fiend. A well deserved unanimous decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Going over to the UK to take on a fella from Liverpool next.

Is he known as 'Innuendo'?

• Advertisement

That's the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

That's the guy.

I was listening to him last night, and he absolutely destroyed about three people in a row. He's very, very good. It should be a good battle, best of luck with it :cool:

I'll have my work cut out alright. He's much more experienced. Been watching his stuff so I've got an idea of which weaknesses I can exploit. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

seen one posted on emireland forum the other day of this guy with red hair rapping against this black guy,

was really weird to see cos the red head guy was a racist and kept calling the black guy all sorts of racist names while the crowd jeerd him... definitely puts an irish spin on 'battle rapping' eh!

That one has caused kind of a furore alright. There were people of every colour at the event (and judging) who didn't find it offensive at the time but in retrospect a certain percentage of people are finding it to have been in bad taste. MC Dubh was absolutely terrible as well which made things look very one sided.

Redzer went over to the UK and got bombarded with jokes about being a ginger paddy and laughed it off as nothing so I don't think he was being actually mean spirited. The main reason MC Dubh was being jeered at so enthusiastically is he's a horrible rapper, he always tries to start arguments with everybody and he's always uploading "diss tracks" about other rappers on Youtube. But nobody holds it against him. He was hanging around after the gig drinking with us without a bother. He's not actually Indian so as far as he's concerned none of it was offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I'm confused, I thought all battles were like this?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

That one has caused kind of a furore alright. There were people of every colour at the event (and judging) who didn't find it offensive at the time but in retrospect a certain percentage of people are finding it to have been in bad taste. MC Dubh was absolutely terrible as well which made things look very one sided.

Redzer went over to the UK and got bombarded with jokes about being a ginger paddy and laughed it off as nothing so I don't think he was being actually mean spirited. The main reason MC Dubh was being jeered at so enthusiastically is he's a horrible rapper, he always tries to start arguments with everybody and he's always uploading "diss tracks" about other rappers on Youtube. But nobody holds it against him. He was hanging around after the gig drinking with us without a bother. He's not actually Indian so as far as he's concerned none of it was offensive.

i dont know alot about these rap battles but all i saw from the video was some irish guy with red hair and a strong dublin accent standing with a mic shouting 'you paki' etc at this black guy while everyone laughed at him

but i guess, if he didnt mean it like you said then thats fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

was talking to ya tonight in the queens best of look in liverpool next month !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Good man shapey fiend
    Good interview in the clare people this week

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

The "circles around you" line was classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

i dont know alot about these rap battles but all i saw from the video was some irish guy with red hair and a strong dublin accent standing with a mic shouting 'you paki' etc at this black guy while everyone laughed at him

A) he didnt have a mic
    B) he never said 'you paki'

Latest one got uploaded today.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Ouch.

He did own you in fairness..

Oh yeah I got demolished. Experience shows there. I was coming down with the chicken pox at the time as well so I was a bit off form, kept forgetting **** and just wasn't really feeling myself. I'll be back with something much better next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sicky

Some balls Kid,
    Fair play...

a definite fair play to ya
    the other guy was pretty innovative, the part about clark kent was funny : )

Advertisement