Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could be good. Really enjoyed the first one - looks like they are trying to tackle the multiplayer issue although vocals are not my favourite part of any of those games (if I had confidence / could sing, it would be fine).

They had really good, sometimes surprisingly good, mixes in the first one so I expect more of the same. Interesting Deadmau5-Lady Gaga mix in the trailer...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Just found out they released 2 free mixes for dj hero 1,the just dance one in the trailer and a deadmau5 remix.Id love to play them,but their not available in eu.I tried my usa account as well and it says i have to be a gold subscriber :(

If anyone can get by this,please tell me asap because i actually like the just dance remix.

Yea me too,not a fan of vocals when i suck at them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Not really a surprising announcement. DJ Hero was one of my favourite games of last year, and my first ".... Hero" or "Rockband" type game and i love it.

The addition of a mic could be lots and lots of fun, well if u can sing that is. Was hoping the Lady Gaga/Deadmau5 mix would be available here to play on DJ Hero 1. The multiplayer looks cool too, its set up so the 2 people have different parts of tracks to perfect on their own and build up good scores.

From IGN, the first confirmed artists are: Lady Gaga, Deadmau5, Pussycat Dolls, Pitbull, MSTRKRFT, Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Chemical Brothers, Metallica, and Rihanna

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1095728p1.html

Cant wait.

has anyone figured out how to get the free dlc.

EDIT.Just found how to get the dlc.Go to xbox.com,go to marketplace,dj hero,then add it to your queue

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560844/?p=1&of=3&bt=0&sb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Not really a surprising announcement.
    Afaik, it was said there would be at least one sequel from the start - they had to make that promise or EVEN less people would have been willing to pay for the peripheral.
    From IGN, the first confirmed artists are: Lady Gaga, Deadmau5, Pussycat Dolls, Pitbull, MSTRKRFT, Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Chemical Brothers, Metallica, and Rihanna

Jesus, I wish it was feasible for them to come out with separate European and American-centric tracklists. The audiences definitely want different things from this game! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Remix is pretty awful, but hey its free. Funny theres scratching in it, Deadmau5 NEVER scratches, he doesnt even use turntables :rolleyes:

Any more free DLC coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I tried it, seemed pretty fun & a solid peripheral but those genres of music isn't my thing at all. Surprised it got a sequel considering Activision was disappointed in it's sales (2 million across all platforms) but i guess they're just gonna push it harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving to GHRB forum, since it covers all music games like this.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

DJ hero was a solid game, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with for this. I wonder whatever happened to Scratch: Ultimate DJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah funny you mention scratch

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/26/scratch-the-ultimate-dj-remixed-for-iphone-ipad-and-pc/
    Scratch: The Ultimate DJ was all set to compete against Activision's DJ Hero, but major legal issues delayed the game significantly. Now, the game has resurfaced -- in a form that doesn't use the high-end turntable controller. Numark (managing partner in Scratch DJ Game LLC) announced versions of the game for iPhone, iPad, and PC, due "later this year" -- which constitutes another delay, from the game's previous "spring" date.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/08/judge-orders-7-studios-to-release-scratch-source-code/
    The deeper we get into the legal entanglement of Scratch: The Ultimate DJ, the more positive we are that it's never, ever, ever going to be released. Ever. As such, our interest is starting to wane, but let's see if we can muster up the juice for another pass ... together.

An LA Superior Court judge has ordered that the source code for the game must be given to Genius and Numark, the two companies that formed Scratch: The Ultimate DJ LLC. 7 Studios, now owned by Activision, must also hand over the tools and tech used to make the game.

Scratch (the company) says it plans on finishing the game and continuing its pursuit of damages from Activision.

• Advertisement

You know, dj hero could be re-jiggered into a pretty awesome app for the iphone/ipad.

hold the iphone in one hand; put your middle three fingers onto the screen. "scratch" up and down. For buttons; tap the respective finger (only have three buttons). If it works well enough, you could even shift your three fingers left and right.

ab3yip.jpg

**had a look on youtube after i photoshopped the above pic; there's a crap version of DJ hero out; but i reckon this'd be much better** :)

sorry if it's not to scale, but u get the idea!

Can't see an image there, sure you linked it right?

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Looks ok for me

here's the actual link if u can't see it http://i49.tinypic.com/ab3yip.jpg

Can see it now, that was the beginning of the end for my internet earlier. Nice job!

Just thought id show you 2 more songs coming out..

i like both of them,what do ye think

Embedded it for you there :)

Pretty decent. Seems like they've made an attempt to innovate at least *COUGH GH* but I'm not sure I like the new look they've gone with on the tracks? I like the old one, although that's just a minor thing :)

List of artists confirmed, have to say it looks good enough.
    * 2Pac
    * 50 Cent
    * Adamski
    * Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
    * Armand Van Helden
    * A-Trak
    * B.o.B.
    * Basement Jaxx
    * BlakRoc
    * Bobby Womack
    * Bruno Mars
    * Busta Rhymes
    * Calvin Harris
    * Chamillionaire
    * Chic
    * Chris Willis
    * Clinton Sparks
    * Colby O’Donis
    * Daft Punk
    * Damian Marley
    * David Guetta
    * Deadmau5
    * Deee-Lite
    * Dillinja
    * Diplo
    * Dizzee Rascal
    * DJ Shadow
    * Donna Summer
    * Dr. Dre
    * Drake
    * Edwin Starr
    * Eminem
    * Estelle
    * Flo Rida
    * Gorillaz
    * Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
    * Harold Faltermeyer
    * House Of Pain
    * Iyaz
    * Jackson 5
    * Janet Jackson
    * Justice
    * Kanye West
    * Kaskade
    * Kelis
    * Keri Hilson
    * Kid Cudi
    * Kool & The Gang
    * Lady Gaga
    * Lil Jon
    * Lil Wayne
    * LL Cool J
    * M.I.A.
    * M|A|R|R|S
    * Major Lazer
    * Malcolm McLaren
    * Mase
    * Melle Mel & Duke Bootee
    * Metallica
    * Missy Elliott
    * Mos Def
    * MSTRKRFT
    * N.O.R.E.
    * Nas
    * Nate Dogg
    * Naughty By Nature
    * Nelly
    * New Boyz
    * New Order
    * Newcleus
    * Nightcrawlers
    * Orbital
    * Pharoahe Monch
    * Pirate Soundsystem
    * Pitbull
    * Puff Daddy
    * Pussycat Dolls
    * Rihanna
    * Robin S.
    * RZA
    * Salt N Pepa
    * Sam Cooke
    * Sam Sparro
    * Sean Paul
    * Skibadee
    * Sneaky Sound System
    * Snoop Dogg
    * Snow
    * Soulja Boy Tell Em
    * Sparfunk & D-Code
    * Static Major
    * Stevie Wonder
    * Talib Kweli
    * The Chemical Brothers
    * The Crystal Method
    * The Egg
    * The Notorious B.I.G.
    * The Prodigy
    * Tiësto
    * Tiga
    * Timbaland
    * Tweet
    * Walter Murphy
    * Warren G
    * Wayne Smith
    * Will.I.Am
    * Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    * Young Jeezy

Was thinking about this today. I'll def. pick it up if I can use my RB mic. Did you ship off your controller Calex?

Was thinking about this today. I'll def. pick it up if I can use my RB mic. Did you ship off your controller Calex?

Sold it, I got bored of it very quickly. The mechanics of the game were good just something missing to keep me interested long term.

I sorted the controller by disconnecting the spinning part and slider part and reconnected them if I recall.

Rock band guitar and mic also worked fine in the 1st game, used it for the shout out achievement and the one for guitar and dj.

• Advertisement

Demo is up on xbl now folks

4 tracks like the GH6 one yesterday

- Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes “Don’t Cha” Mixed With Pitbull ”I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”
    - Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O’Donis “Just Dance” Mixed With Deadmau5 “Ghosts N Stuff”
    - MSTRKRFT Featuring N.O.R.E. “Bounce” (Battle Mix)
    - Estelle Featuring Kanye West “American Boy” Mixed With Chic “Good Times”

Sold mine to can't try it myself.

I may pick this up, if the bundle is reasonable. Although, I don't know half of those songs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Have the demo queued to download for when I get in. Will give it a bash later. I enjoyed the first one. Turntable went after a couple of weeks, Sent it back got a new one fairly quick off them. So that restored my faith in the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Lads if anyone is interested I saw DJ Hero renegade edition for 70 euro in GAmeStop so it depends if they have stock but it's not a bad deal if you are looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got the demo and gave it a whirl (I only saw two tracks though :S). You can put them both into a playlist. Decent songs. Some of the new editions (freestyle parts) are going to take a bit of getting used to. Need to get my touch back - struggled a bit on Hard but breezed through Medium.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Got the demo and gave it a whirl (I only saw two tracks though :S). You can put them both into a playlist. Decent songs. Some of the new editions (freestyle parts) are going to take a bit of getting used to. Need to get my touch back - struggled a bit on Hard but breezed through Medium.

There is the NORE track on Battle and then American Boy/ Le Chic on the tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

When is the demo out for PS3 ?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    When is the demo out for PS3 ?

Today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

nicklauski wrote: »
    Today.
    I've just checked the PSN and it's not there.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I've just checked the PSN and it's not there.

According to Dj Hero on Twitter and Facebook it was to be released yesterday. Apologies if it wasnt dude. I was just going by what they said. :(

Advertisement