Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless Vandalism Newbridge/Sallins

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

I just saw the Kildare Post article on the vandalism that has occured recently in Newbridge, car tyres slashed, windscreens smashed and with no apparent signs of intent to steal. Also heard there were a few instances in Sallins similar to this too over the weekend. Anyone able to shed some light on this? Are we looking at a gang situation here or someit? Very unsettling stuff, bunch of heads sitting around with nothing better to do, wrecking for the hell of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Well that makes me feel wonderful about having my car parked outside my apartment now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

where did it happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Heard of some instances aroud the estates on the Clane road. Haven't heard anything of the Naas area so chances are it was an isolated event in Sallins, just seemed too coincidential that the Newbridge incidents took part the same weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

We have an underground carpark here in sallins.

The amount of crime was unreal. smashed windows , theft and nicked cars being stored there till the heat came of them. Garda where always here.
    CCTV made most of it stop
    There is a load of criminals around sallins for sure. Just last month my motorcycle was taken. 4 vans where robbed of there tools and one lad down the street had his house raided by kicking in the door . looking for car keys.

its terrible ..

I keep a large lump of a stick by the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

What was the nature of the damage to these cars can anyone tell me?

I had something like acid thrown on my car which damaged the paintwork
    overnight about a week ago but it seems like my vehicle was singled out for no apparent reason. Am wondering if anyone has heard of similiar from these reported incidents?

Scumbags. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

was probably brake fluid, it strips paint

guil wrote: »
    was probably brake fluid, it strips paint

Erm, yes possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

gsxr1 wrote: »
    We have an underground carpark here in sallins.

The amount of crime was unreal. smashed windows , theft and nicked cars being stored there till the heat came of them. Garda where always here.
    CCTV made most of it stop
    There is a load of criminals around sallins for sure. Just last month my motorcycle was taken. 4 vans where robbed of there tools and one lad down the street had his house raided by kicking in the door . looking for car keys.

its terrible ..

I keep a large lump of a stick by the door.

Not really what one would be happy with living in a quiet quaint country town is it,more what you`d expect in Blanchardstown and the likes.

The only trouble i have ever had with thieves was with my motorbike too and in Leixlip were i was renting at the time a few years back.
    The scum took out the glass from the kitchen window and left in the grass,hopped in grabbed keys helmet then proceeded to try start the bike,only the brake disc alarm went off before they could start saved it.

I can understand thieving to an extent for whatever buzz/financial gain and though they deserve a massive hiding,vandalism i would leave the punishment to the owners discretion.

Apartment block carparks are magnets to scum unfortunately,always have been.

So was anyone else's car damaged in the Newbridge area?

Advertisement