Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of the facebook stuff on HTC handsets is Sense?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

So I was wondering how much of the contact integration that results in apps like "people" on the Desire/Legend, that is, from Facebook, is a product of HTC Sense? If I install a ROM not featuring the Sense layer, will I lose that integration? My understanding is that a knowledge of Facebook is baked into Android >= 2.1, but I am unclear where Android ends and Sense begins.

Perhaps someone with a Nexus One or one of the Froyo builds for the Desire can weigh in? This might be a factor in whether I go ahead and start rooting my Desire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It all depends which Sync account you setup.
    If you setup the one that just says Facebook you use the stock google one which should update contact pictures and link to their account.
    If you select the Facebook for HTC Sense you get the full sense integration of photo albums,contact photos,birthdays,status updates and the friendstream integration

Advertisement