Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARD ROCK HELL IV

Options
  • 09-06-2010 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody goin to this?

It's in Wales, an hours train ride from Holyhead so ya can get over there for 80Euro return on a Rail and Sail wit Irish Ferries

I've been to hundreds of festivals over the years and i gotta say, this is probably one of the best runs one's going.

It's on a Holiday campsite, think Butlins and Hi-Di-Hi :D:D

Loads of bars wit pretty cheap (2.50 a pint) booze, 3 stages and loads more entertainment.

Cost wise, for a 1 bedroomed apartment, which sleep 4, it's 500, so 125 each, pretty good deal really.

Band line up so far is

UFO
    SKID ROW
    MSG
    URIAH HEEP
    BLAZE BAILEY
    PAUL DI'ANNO
    ENUFF Z'NUFF
    PRETTY BOY FLOYD
    L.A GUNS
    DIAMOND HEAD
    TANK
    HELLOWEEN

Last year about 60 bands played including WASP, Queensryche and more

www.hardrockhell.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Airbourne (And a load more) have been added to the bill for this

Anybody interested i'll be driving over and have room for 2, Ferry is 200Euro and already 2 of us so just be splittin the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That's not a bad deal. I'd go myself but sadly geographical restrictions mean I cannot. Hope you have fun though, Skid Row would be great to see, I'm going to see their original lead vocalist in Newcastle this month.

That's not a bad deal. I'd go myself but sadly geographical restrictions mean I cannot. Hope you have fun though, Skid Row would be great to see, I'm going to see their original lead vocalist in Newcastle this month.

Seb Bach?? Seen them with him a few times (Funniest when he ran across the Donington stage in 92 and slid the length of the stage cos he slipped on the rain)

But i have heard the new line up is better than the one wit Seb

What a class weekend, Some awesome bands, some fcuked up **** and loads of beer.

Gotta be one of the best run festivals in UK, all on a holiday camp, so ya get a chalet wit ticket prices :D:D

First night was the Pirates Ball, Tigertailz headlined, just a piss up really to start off the weekend

Friday was good, Headlined by Airbourne, who were excellent. Diamond Head opened the main stage at 5pm, after them we went back to chalet for some food and beer, coming back for Airbourne at 10, only a 2 min walk away. Missed FM, Uriah Heep & UFO.

Some pics of Airbourne

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

Skid Row were on after them but they had a minor accident, Scotti Hill was a bit worse for wear, fell off stage after 3 songs and ended up in hospital, band continued without him and played a full set.

Saturday i watched L.A.Guns, who were dire

IMG_5344.jpg

Paul Di'Anno was on the maion stage at 7, very good set of all Maiden covers from first 2 albums, bit sad though as the guy can hardly walk, and on the 2 occasions he dropped his mic a roadie had to pick it up for him, very good set though.

IMG_2082.jpg

Blaze was due on at 8.30pm but he swapped with Helloween, so came on at 1am, a bad bad move on whoever agreed to the swap.

MSG were simply awesome

Saddest part of the night for me though had to be at around midnight, i was in the smoking area and went for a piss on Helloweens tourbus, it was snowing pretty bad, a guy shouts out, i turn around and it was Blaze, carrying his own gear in to the venue. I'd stopped pissing at this point so we had a chat, he was very worried that people seemed to be leaving.

In the end he played to about 100/125 people of a 4,000 capacity, i don't like his music but i felt for the guy, he put everything into the performance.
    Apparently he played a gig in Norwich recently and only 30 showed up, yet he still gave his all.

Pretty sad that the ex singer of Maiden has gone down to this level, through no fault of his own

Advertisement