Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0KNPnT3JU

My part (b) for text 1, who knew an obsession for Morrissey could aid my Leaving Cert. :D
    When I saw the title for the paper was 'The Future' I wrote out straight away the Orwell quote: 'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a face - forever'
    Lo and behold, my text 2 allowed me to choose another Orwell quote, delighted. :D
    I did the essay on advice for the future, went really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

ok starting to really regret my english essay..

all about the freedom to "be yourself" ..

i know its not a freedom , but what do you's think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

PlayGirl wrote: »
    that sounds good dont worry :)

probably alot better and more interesting than a "haha" funny essay would have been

Thanks PlayGirl
    I reckon I just needed some reassurance/ego-stroking!

Time to forget about it now though methinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

Freedom to be yourself sounds like a good idea..
    Plus it was about YOUR understanding of freedom so I'd say its fine. Then again what would I know!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

So prayer DOES work.... nice one!

I did the short story on "Its funny but sad too" but I interpreted it as 'strange' funny or ironic funny and not so much 'haha' funny.
    Now I'm not feeling so good about it.
    I wrote a story involving it being funny that good can come out of tragedy- anybody do anything simular?
    Yeah I did the EXACT same thing, it wasn't 'funny' in the remotest sense, it was ironic and sad and depressing funny.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

hmm.. went okay...

I did the radio talk whicjh really didnt go as well as id anticipated and realised i spelt somersaults and quite wrong when i came out... QA was good... hopiung for a B1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Oh god, I kept spelling the most inane words wrong. At one point I was going into a minor frenzy over forgetting to spell 'obnoxious', for christ's sake. It just didn't look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Don't worry so much! Of course that's a freedom! Sounds like quite an interesting topic too! Being totally honest here, really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Wrote something very similar to that. Haha thankfully I'm not the only one. Thanks for the reassurance. :D

Mine was about like free time with no worries...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

****e it looks like I'm the only person who did the personal essay on encounters with the dramitic arts. Got about four pages but could have wrote another one or two if I wrote faster for the earlier parts.

I did the A part of the Farenheit 451 text and the B part that was the letter for future generations. More I think about it the worse I think I done. Wasn't strong in English in the first place and was 50:50 on whether to do pass or honours.

I'm pretty much f***ed for tomorrow aswell the only thing I have learn is Boland and not very well either. Looks like a late night/early mornin for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I did the dramatic arts essay, too. Wrote about my ill-fated tryst with music, hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I did the personal essay on arts, too guys :) Thank god for experience :p

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i did the personal essay @ above :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

So prayer DOES work.... nice one!

Prayer is not for self fulfilment. Explain yourself in the long run.

History watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I did the essay on the performing arts, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Easy! I absolutely destroyed that paper.

I did question A on text 3, Question B on text 2 and composition on dramatic arts. Mellow paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Glad other people did that essay aswel! I was in the only one in my class but I liked it so wouldn't change it if I could.

Advertisement