Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Mwah wrote: »
    there was no pictures to do essays on!!!!
    and i didnt even bother reading boring heaney one lol

Yeah,i'm waiting for people to give out about this. I'd never do that question,but maybe people were banking on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah i was. i always go for it because you can basically write about anything and im not good at the speeches and other topics
    but i did a personal essay cause i was my only option lol and i liked it :)
    got to mention rihanna 5/6 times :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I did Text 1 QA and Text 2 QB. Although my B, the letter to the future, was pretty similar to my essay, speech to graduating class. ie. Cheesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah,i'm waiting for people to give out about this. I'd never do that question,but maybe people were banking on it?
    I'm glad there wasn't. I despise people who learned off essays maybe I should have learned one off as my English is quite poor but I think it's wrong. :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

How long should essays be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

yeh no picture stimulus essay was strange must say so i did essay 2
    did text 1 Q b and text 3 Q a

14 pages later and the shape of a pen dented in my hand im happy how it went....

And no to craaaam for paper 2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

does anyone still have all there quotes to learn or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

There is one person in every school around the country, (including me) for whom that graduation speech was a doddle. Couldn't believe it when I saw that title on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

yeh no picture stimulus essay was strange must say so i did essay 2
    did text 1 Q b and text 3 Q a

14 pages later and the shape of a pen dented in my hand im happy how it went....

And no to craaaam for paper 2:D
    :eek::eek::eek:

I only did 10 pages and some of that was for planning. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

did comprehension on al gore ,interview,and speech to graduatin class.handy enuf:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

mark.oc wrote: »
    There is one person in every school around the country, (including me) for whom that graduation speech was a doddle. Couldn't believe it when I saw that title on the paper.

Why only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Healium wrote: »
    A's on Text 2 were the easiest of the three,I think. I spent way too long on them,though.... I wasn't done until about half 10. Wrote about 3 and a half pages total. Essay was a bit crap,wrote almost 4 pages. Went all apocalyptic on it. Said we need to be optimistic because of the sensationalist media,life isn't as bad as we think. Went through topics like the environment and technology,and explained how we can solve everything and live a lovely future ;) It wasn't very flowing,and its not exactly something you'd say at a grad ceremony.... Damn Al Gore

Cant be as bad as my speech for a quote I said

And a quote we all know from cheryl cole

''Anything worth having is sure enough worth fighting for''

And went on to talk about fighting for optimisim:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Didn't like that paper, but still think i did good in it. Did Part A from the Seamus Heaney test and part B from the Fahrenheit 451 text. There's no point in dissecting it now lads, what's done is done, you can't change it, so stop worrying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I can shorten down what you said in that whole sentence ''I think I'm amazing''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Text 3 A: Went well but didn't get part 3 done because I didn't get started til 10 :O

Text 1 B: Wasn't bad, got 2 and a half done, felt I explained myself and gave a decent interview :P

Essay 4: COMPLETE BOLLOCKS, only had 50 minutes to do it, paniced around half way because I couldn't figure out a format, and didn't know what to do :( Not the best start, but I suppose nothing can be done :(

greetings wrote: »
    Why only one?
    The one's who wrote the speech for their graduation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Is it bad that I answered the Interview question to myself in 50 years as a magazine article where someone interview me?

I just said I won the Lifetime award grammy and I'm a rock legend.... so typical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Reading this here, Im sorry I didn't do the Graduation question!:( I read the t itles while I was nervous at the start and decided straight away. If I had picked that I could have gone back and finished (iii) in the Al Gore question, which I only ended up writing points for the last 2 effects. I didn't finish the essay either, but ahwel!!

I can shorten down what you said in that whole sentence ''I think I'm lucky''
    Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

is that cos you happened to have one completely written out from a graduation mass??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

zam wrote: »
    I did Text 1 QA and Text 2 QB. Although my B, the letter to the future, was pretty similar to my essay, speech to graduating class. ie. Cheesy!

i think i basically re wrote my letter and stuck in an extra 2 pages for the essay...

your not on your own... :p:p:p

one fook up was that i tried to be funny and wrote the address as desk no******, exam centre ****, ireland june 2010... but like a plank i wrote exam centre ****, desk no******

just hope the corrector has a dry sense of humor like all the english teachers i know :cool: can't see myself loosing any marks for it bar the mechanics though so...

was grand in general.. pity there were no pictures to fit the prepared essay I had in.. but that's the way life goes...

it's over - bring on paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Thank God that's over! It was definitely harder than I thought it was going to be. I did Text 2 A (first question was hard) and the radio talk about books. Then I did a whole essay about Irish Dancing, I knew all those years would come in handy ;) No idea how well I did though, fingers crossed.

lallychops wrote: »
    is that cos you happened to have one completely written out from a graduation mass??:rolleyes:
    Exactly. This girl understands me. I like your style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

Can you write too much?Like if you go over a certain amount of pages would they dock marks or anything?According to my friends they do but its just how long it took me to answer the questions.I did 6 pages for A,5 pages for B and 7 for the essay.Too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Thought it went well.:)

Did the Al Gore questions, the importance of books radio talk and graduation speech.

Spent way too long on the comprehension though at the beginning. I also didn't even read text 1 like someone else said.

Did a page for each of the comprehension questions, 2 1/2 for part B and 5 1/2 for speech. Was around what the guy on the radio said so was happy with that. Overall really really happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

Exactly. This girl understands me. I like your style.

:Dhaha yeah...must have been handy having actual people nominate you for the speech....see? such friends should be acknowlegded :rolleyes:haha

was a good paper if i do say so myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mwah wrote: »
    does anyone still have all there quotes to learn or just me?

their.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Sigi wrote: »
    Can you write too much?Like if you go over a certain amount of pages would they dock marks or anything?According to my friends they do but its just how long it took me to answer the questions.I did 6 pages for A,5 pages for B and 7 for the essay.Too much?

I did 4 for A, 3 for B and 4 for the Essay, in the Institute grinds they said do 1 to 1 and a half for B and 3 to 4 for the Essay. It doesn't quite matter how much you write though. The Grinds teacher said she corrected a 16 page essay and he only got a C1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

I did 4 for A, 3 for B and 4 for the Essay, in the Institute grinds they said do 1 to 1 and a half for B and 3 to 4 for the Essay. It doesn't quite matter how much you write though. The Grinds teacher said she corrected a 16 page essay and he only got a C1.

I know writing more doesnt get you more marks,I'm saying if you go over a certain limit will they dock marks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I did just under 14 pages. Did Question A from Text 1 and Text 2 Question B. Did a short story on "WHAT A STRANGE MEETING!".

Good luck all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement