Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I think i did okay. I did Text 3 A, T2 B and then the freedom essay just saying what freedom is to me, that it comes with responsibilty etc. not a terrible paper but not the best but seriously - where the fook were the pictures! I was looking forward to that! =(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Sigi wrote: »
    Can you write too much?Like if you go over a certain amount of pages would they dock marks or anything?According to my friends they do but its just how long it took me to answer the questions.I did 6 pages for A,5 pages for B and 7 for the essay.Too much?

mate - how big is your writing that you managed to write 18 pages... or are you counting 3-4 lines on the top of a page to conclude a question as a whole page...
    cant' see them docking you for too much as long as it was all relevant... if it's off topic that's a different story but if you stuck to the question your grand

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

did anyone else do the heaney comp? T1 A

i thought it turned out harder than it looked initially!
    what type of person is he! a sense of place and community!
    Bring on the adjectives!

thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

I know writing more doesnt get you more marks,I'm saying if you go over a certain limit will they dock marks?

As long as the content is relevant to the Question being asked they can't really dock you marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

Can you write too much?Like if you go over a certain amount of pages would they dock marks or anything?According to my friends they do but its just how long it took me to answer the questions.I did 6 pages for A,5 pages for B and 7 for the essay.Too much?

thats a very self indulgent question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Did the interview with Seamus Heaney. Was easy enough to read although the last question was tough to answer.

Did the Question B about your hopes for change for planet Earth by 2050. Do people on here think that this answer should have been exclusively about the earth and environmental issues? I kind of talked about politics too.

Did the essay about freedom. Talked about freedom in Ireland, the EU, USA, The media's relationship with freedom, and the lack of freedom that exists today in places such as Palestine. Was ok, but the best essay Ive ever written.

Overall quite a good paper, could have went slightly better but youve got to be happy and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

I thought it was fine, nothing too difficult.

Did Q.A in Text 1 and Q.B in Text 3. Followed by the Short Story with the 'happy and sad' one, which fitted my prepared story perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Did the interview with Seamus Heaney. Was easy enough to read although the last question was tough to answer.

Did the Question B about your hopes for change for planet Earth by 2050. Do people on here think that this answer should have been exclusively about the earth and environmental issues? I kind of talked about politics too.

Did the essay about freedom. Talked about freedom in Ireland, the EU, USA, The media's relationship with freedom, and the lack of freedom that exists today in places such as Palestine. Was ok, but the best essay Ive ever written.

Overall quite a good paper, could have went slightly better but youve got to be happy and move on.
    Na I'm sure earth as a whole,seeing as they didn't limit you to environmental issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Comprehension (did 3A and the letter) went well but composition was really bad. Nothing jumped out at me... Wrote like 4 pages of crap, repeating alot of what I'd said for the letter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

I did 2.5 pages for A (Text 1), 6 pages for B(Test 2), and 7 pages for my short story (Number 3)
    I hope they don't dock marks! Doubt they do, there is no rule to the amount you write, its just how much you can write in the exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah are there usually not pictures on P1???????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thought I did a lot better today than I did in the mocks. Got 134 out of 200 in the mocks, would love to get about 160 out of 200!

Felt I wrote very well. Dreading tomorrow. Banking on Boland, Literary Genre and Good and Evil in Lear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Yeah are there usually not pictures on P1???????????????????

Usually,but they don't have to. I was happy turning onto text 3 seeing there wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

...It was Alright, I did question B in text 1, and question A in text 3 on Composing i did 4 '' a certain freedom'' 16 pages in total, hope atleast pass it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Text 1A in Heaney, Text 2B on the future and then essay 5.
    Wrote 2 page on question B. Wrote 9 pages overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I wrote about technology changes on that question B and the like. Didn't mention one thing about environment. O f%$£! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

I dont think that it was just to do with environment issues!
    I did a paragraph on multicultural society, world debt, and global warming! I liked that question :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I did the same as a lot of people seemed to do, Al Gore (Text 2) for Question A, Interview (Text 1) for Question B, and Speech for Graduation for the essay. Gave a quick scan through the essays at the start hoping for a speech but never saw it so I thought there was none :eek: not the greatest way to begin the LC but was delighted when I eventually saw it was there after doing the Comprehension and Interview. Wrote around 11 pages, 3 1/2 for A, 3 1/2 for B and 4 for C. Fairly happy overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I did Text 1 Question A, Text 2 Question B. I hated the question A but I found B pretty easy, just basically ripping off Al Gore every second line :pac:
    I got 4 typed pages out for the short story on 'Isn't that sad, but funny, at the same time?' It was basically a massive build up to a joke at the end. The examiner is either going to laugh their pants off or go nuts that they've just wasted like a half an hour to read a short pun. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Anyone else in love with Clarisse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I wrote the article a good neighbour :D I actually enjoyed writing it, because I had a little rant about my neighbours

seanbmc wrote: »
    I wrote the article a good neighbour :D I actually enjoyed writing it, because I had a little rant about my neighbours
    Did that essay aswell, kind of like a sarcastic guide on how to be "a true paragon of neighbourly virtue" as I put it, sounding like a total goon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

It was ok :)

I did Text 3 Q A and Text 2 QB the letter to the future. Who did you guys address this to? I just said Dear Sir/Madam. Did the speech essay for graduation. Wrote 7 overall but sure my writing is tiny.

Ugh.......Paper 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Well done all.

Don't worry if you're feeling a bit "I studied all year for that!" - that feeling is normal after paper 1 - its more a performance on the day paper.

The stuff you have been killing yourself over is all up tomorrow and there will be a huge feeling of relief tomorrow, you just wait!!

CONGRATS!!

Conor108 wrote: »
    It was ok :)

I did Text 3 Q A and Text 2 QB the letter to the future. Who did you guys address this to? I just said Dear Sir/Madam. Did the speech essay for graduation. Wrote 7 overall but sure my writing is tiny.

Ugh.......Paper 2...
    I went with "To whom it may concern" then opened with "And, really, it concerns us all".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

text 1 Heaney was nice..i liked creating images to suit the test. text 2 question b..good letter talked about how i hoped there would be no starvation unemployment, lack of rights in 2050
    i did the personal essay on freedom, firstly talked about places with no freedom north korea, talked about child soldiers, aung san suu kyi, then compared this with irish society, how we are allowed protest,democracy etc.
    overall, a nice paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

greetings wrote: »
    Usually,but they don't have to. I was happy turning onto text 3 seeing there wasn't.
    Text 3 did have pictures: the book covers! One of the questions was to compare and contrast the two images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Finical wrote: »
    I wrote about technology changes on that question B and the like. Didn't mention one thing about environment. O f%$£! :eek:
    Don't worry, I'm only speculating. I wrote about the conomy and techonology IN RELATION To the environment just so I could cover my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

iWeeze wrote: »
    I went with "To whom it may concern" then opened with "And, really, it concerns us all".

What did you actually put down for the address though?

I just put
    People of the future
    Ireland

:pac: and then opened with Dear Sir/Madam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Don't worry, I'm only speculating. I wrote about the conomy and techonology IN RELATION To the environment just so I could cover my arse.
    I'm sure yours was better than mine anyways. My letter was so so bad, I couldn't think of clear ideas and I bluffed a lot. :D

Ahh well what's done is done!

Advertisement