Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

What did you actually put down for the address though?

I just put
    People of the future
    Ireland

:pac: and then opened with Dear Sir/Madam
    Well I figured such a thing wouldn't require an adress, probably going into a time capsule or some ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

What did you actually put down for the address though?

I just put
    People of the future
    Ireland

:pac: and then opened with Dear Sir/Madam

i just put down, dear future generations
    you couldnt really put an address for who you were sending it to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

iWeeze wrote: »
    Well I figured such a thing wouldn't require an adress, probably going into a time capsule or some ****.

Same, I didn't know who to address it to, but I put my own address on it (well not my own, I made one up, yano what I mean :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

I did text1(B) which was cool cause i want to be n arty person when i'm older so i just wrote about my life practically!:D
    and Text2(A) i liked talking about the quotes!

and yes i was annoyed there was no pictures for the short story( think i cursed quietly tbh)
    the sly buggers!
    think i managed to work a story around '' it was was funny,and sad,too?''

Must make note: eat bigger breakfast, tummy rumbled like mad near the end!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah lads thank god!!! The second I left the centre I was like "Bo**ocks forget the address on a letter ffs!" At the time it didn't occur to me because, it would go into a time capsule, an post don't hold them for 40 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I did Question A on Text 3, Question B on Text 2 and the essay: Isn't that funny, and sad, too?"

For my letter I said, Dear the youths of the future.. didnt really know what to say for the opening! Ohwell. Its done now. It wasnt really what I expected.. thought it would be more general and have pictures aswell for the essay. It was fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

iWeeze wrote: »
    Anyone else in love with Clarisse?

she was amazing!
    makes me wanna go read the book now.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

It was decent but I only did 2 pages for my article on the essay part didn't get enough time so I feel terrible atm :(

She was really weird. And what was going on in the end? Her house was on fire and she ran up the drive and inside?! Was it a dream or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I nearly had it going to the editor of the irish examiner and was going to say something like "I hope you can publish this letter at some stage in the future" but I changed my mind 'cause it could seem like I misunderstood the Q or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Conor108 wrote: »
    She was really weird. And what was going on in the end? Her house was on fire and she ran up the drive and inside?! Was it a dream or something?
    The lights were BLAZING but it wasn't on fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Conor108 wrote: »

I didnt get that her house was on fire? I thought it just said the lights were blazing.. emplying that they were still on? I dunno, I didnt need to make reference to it anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Mwah wrote: »
    does anyone still have all there quotes to learn or just me?

I'm sinking in that ship along side you...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

I the essay on freedom (I know pearse and wolfe tone quotes by heart which came in handy) and text 1 part b
    I did text 2 part a and for the second question I said my favourite quote was the one about walking your path because im picking a career direction and wrote a page without even mentioning al gores speech or the crisis is that not allowed I said id take me chances and write a good anser that had nothing to do with the al gore speech

The lights were BLAZING but it wasn't on fire!

Ahaha I mentioned very quickly how the house was ablaze when I was talking about dramatic writing. Hopefully such a quick, small point the examinaer won't notice :D good thing I didn't write loads on that :D

I managed to quote Joseph Stalin and Albus Dumbledore. I am satisfied. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

kieran--f wrote: »
    I the essay on freedom (I know pearse and wolfe tone quotes by heart which came in handy) and text 1 part b
    I did text 2 part a and for the second question I said my favourite quote was the one about walking your path because im picking a career direction and wrote a page without even mentioning al gores speech or the crisis is that not allowed I said id take me chances and write a good anser that had nothing to do with the al gore speech

I chose that quote aswel and didn't mention the passage at all, didn't cross my mind. I'm sure it's alright though because it didn't say to refer to the text.

So what did we say was the appeal to Clarisse?
    I waffled on about her being a free spirit and, WAIT FOR IT, how in a world devoid of literature she could still read people like a book. Them apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I'm pretty doubtful that I passed it. I'm usually better at paper one than two so it's a bit of a disaster. Better start studying for tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

That was a grand paper 1:D
    Once I saw "general theme of THE FUTURE" I was pretty happy. It was a pretty handy theme.
    I did Question A on Text 3 (Text 3 was the easiest text in my opinion).
    I then did Question B on Text 2. My letter was just filled with complete nonense and then I was thinking for about 5 minutes at the end what to put down as the address. LOL
    I did my essay on the graduation speech (Question 5)
    I found it was the easiest one to talk about. I got 4 good pages on that.

All in all I'm very happy with how it went!:D

So what is everyone hoping will come up tomorrow in paper 2? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

The Article on Neighbours
    Did anyone else do this for their essay??
    I only got just over 3 pages done for it
    I did it about what neighbours should do to be a good neighbour but thinking back on it i think now it should have been about how you are a good neighbour already!!:(
    Anyone else do it??:)

luv-eirexx wrote: »
    The Article on Neighbours
    Did anyone else do this for their essay??
    I only got just over 3 pages done for it
    I did it about what neighbours should do to be a good neighbour but thinking back on it i think now it should have been about how you are a good neighbour already!!:(
    Anyone else do it??:)
    Mine was a guide to being a good neighbour. You could do it either way really.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

did anyone who did the letter to the future ignore the article completely? i wrote about equality, global warming and progression in technology and medicine but looking at the 'planet earth' aspect im a bit worried now that i didnt actually answer the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

I managed to quote Joseph Stalin and Albus Dumbledore. I am satisfied. :cool:

Thats the funniest thing ive heard today never have i seen them 2 in a sentence together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

actually quite enjoyed that paper! =P text one QB, and text 2 QA , and the "funny but sad" short story. i got to recite off an entire page of an essay i'd prepared so i was happy with that, but it did end up getting a bit far fetched :/ the more i think about it the more i doubt myself, but i can't do anything about it now! TIME FOR PAPER 2 CRAMMING

Yeah I did the neighbour article too!!! eire you're ok in a way since you are addressing the question!! btw Is it possible to get a good b mark on the essay question if you only have 2 pages done?? just curious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I think I forgot to put down the number of the essay I chose

crap crap crap fffff

it was obvious that it was the graduation speech though...

Someone reassure me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

AH92 wrote: »
    Yeah I did the neighbour article too!!! eire you're ok in a way since you are addressing he question!! btw Is it possible to get a good b mark on the essay question if you only have 2 pages done?? just curious :)

Quantity over quality comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Quantity over quality comes to mind

Quality over quantity even?

• Advertisement

ahh I suppose so thanks!!! haha Indigo I wouldn't be too worried the examiner will probably cop on with what essay you did!!! =)

Advertisement