Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Love as a redemptive force/ Sibling Rivalry. Boland

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

What is everyone predicting to come up tomorrow in paper 2?
    I wanna see if my predictions are corresponding with everyone elses.
    Boland and Yeats is what I've heard most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

greetings wrote: »
    And being immensely talented yada yada yada,talkin outta me arse :D
    Exact bloody same didn't help that the time was ticking and I should have been on question B by then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

GVVP/LG

Boland/Yeats/Longley/Elliot/Kavanagh those are the favourite 5 afink.. so pick 4.

No idea for Lear.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

iWeeze wrote: »
    Yup, did the whole thing really sarcastically in a step-by-step guide. Had a paragraph on having supplies for when your neighbour has no milk.

Did mine about being lucky enough to have 'good' neighbours (college students, renters, drug dealers, or the 'normal' ones ) and the actions that should be taken.. mentioned borrowing food off your neighbours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ah dude, don't predict. Especially if you did a bit dodgy today. I'm only doing 4 poets, but I'm just cramming the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Finical wrote: »
    Exact bloody same didn't help that the time was ticking and I should have been on question B by then. :pac:

Same,got my b done in half an hour though :eek: Still think it went ok,had 20 minutes left over at the end to proof read.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

wasn't too bad, did the Al Gore comprehension, the Short talk on books and then the speech. Went all pretty well I think, now to hope my poets come up tomorrow, and I hope to repeat my 86 from the mocks :D

YEAAAA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Holy Sh*t. I did 8 pages altogether and I thought I was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I did Question A on Text 3 (any Art students would have had great fun in comparing the two book covers) and Question B on Text 2. I did the first essay about performing, I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it.

I only wrote about 8/9 pages...3 and a bit for A, 2 for B and 4 for my essay. Hope that's ok. Timing was grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Ok. Well my predictions are kinda similar to everyone elses.
    King Lear: I'm hoping a question on Lear sinning, learns and is punished.
    Comparative: General Vision and Viewpoint.
    Poetry: Longley, Boland, Kavanagh.

I only really know General Vision and Viewpoint for the comparative. I find Literary Genre impossible to learn :(

Is it likely that General Vision and Viewpoint will definately come up?
    If it doesn't I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

I don't have a clue what I should do...

I'm thinking the two women with Yeats as backup.

I don't know what to write for GV+V or LG!! Any help? Sive, Billy Elliot and Lies of Silence.

And Lear I'm planning on knowing the storyline, Storm scenes, Lear, Love and Fool,Kent,Cordelia briefly.

Any suggestions or help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Ok. Well my predictions are kinda similar to everyone elses.
    King Lear: I'm hoping a question on Lear sinning, learns and is punished.
    Comparative: General Vision and Viewpoint.
    Poetry: Longley, Boland, Kavanagh.

I only really know General Vision and Viewpoint for the comparative. I find Literary Genre impossible to learn :(

Is it likely that General Vision and Viewpoint will definately come up?
    If it doesn't I'm screwed.
    Would love if everything you just said comes up, I'm pretty much sorted then.*

*I need to study them first though and learn lots and lots of quotes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭E0inz

Conor108 wrote: »
    I didn't. I always thought they were just optional to put in?

Yup. There just to help you. You dont have to put them in.

TEXT 3: A
    TEXT 2: B

Q2. "Your're a new neighbour, aren't you?"

Thought it was a fair exam. Went well :)
    Good Luck tomoro guys! Gonna get a solid 5 hours of study in today and finish learning stuff tomoro morn.
    Later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I did text 1 A, was very easy.

I then did the letter to future generations. My essay was the "funny and sad one"
    I twisted the hell out of my prepared essay to fit it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Did that essay aswell, kind of like a sarcastic guide on how to be "a true paragon of neighbourly virtue" as I put it, sounding like a total goon.

:)

Paper two should be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

It was a kinda rotten paper. I did question A on Al Gore, question B on books and the neighbour essay.
    I don't really know how it went, it wasn't anything spectacular.
    Now I have to learn for P2....Boland better be on that paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

My essay was cringe, if I had just structured my comprehnsion q's more I reckon i woulda done a whole lot better :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amyr23

Right im gonna try studying General Vision and Viewpoint but its impossible to study something you dont understand which is my problem soooo can someone explain to me in simple english what exactly i have to write about ... i studied billy elliot, panther in the basement and dancing a lughnasa ... Thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

English paper 1 is weird I must say.

I feel like I did great but when I get it back it will proably be the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Text 1:B - 5 pages
    Text 3:A - 4.5 pages
    Title 7 - 3.5 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

i did..
    A: Text 3 - like having to compare the book covers.. it was fun and quite different for an english exam

B: Text 2 - the letter for the future generations.. i just used a whole pile of info from the speech above it..:p

C: the "what a strange meeting" essay..

not bad overall i must say..
    my timing was a bit messed up ..
    spent WAY too long on the comprehension and was writing right up until the end i.e. the examiner was standing over me waiting til i handed it up..:P
    oh well..

now off to learn some quotes/poetry/lear etc..:D

Amyr23 wrote: »
    Right im gonna try studying General Vision and Viewpoint but its impossible to study something you dont understand which is my problem soooo can someone explain to me in simple english what exactly i have to write about ... i studied billy elliot, panther in the basement and dancing a lughnasa ... Thank you :D
    The authors outlook on life - whether the world he creates is a happy or sad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

Tibbers wrote: »
    I did ordinary level (should have done higher but my teacher was a c**t and didn't let me because I'm foreign

You know you can choose to do what ever level ya want and change level on the day of the exams.

Though I think the texts are different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

just discuss the main characters and their lives and whether it makes you happy or sad..
    oh and make comparasions and contrasts between the three texts..:rolleyes:

The authors outlook on life - whether the world he creates is a happy or sad place.

So like basically if its a positive outlook or negative outlook ?
    thanks btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

If Boland Yeats or Kavanagh dont come up I am fupped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

You know you can choose to do what ever level ya want and change level on the day of the exams.

Though I think the texts are different

You can't move up to higher if you've registered for OL though I thought?

So like basically if its a positive outlook or negative outlook ?
    thanks btw
    Essentially, yeah. And as your man above said, compare the relationships, the setting and all that and whether it's positive or negative.

• Advertisement

curlypops wrote: »
    just discuss the main characters and their lives and whether it makes you happy or sad..
    oh and make comparasions and contrasts between the three texts..:rolleyes:

now that is simple english, haha thank you :p

Advertisement