Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Extremly annoyed to hear higher level got to do a graduation speech when i did one for my grad only two weeks ago:mad: The essay section on ordinary did'nt give you an option to write a story based on the images in Text 3!:mad: Did Text 1 QA, Text 3 QB and Q4 for essay. How did ya's find Ord?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I'm probably gonna regreat asking this but I can't remember if i labelled my essay, will i lose many marks??

DGRulz wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna regreat asking this but I can't remember if i labelled my essay, will i lose many marks??
    Nah, lots of people forgot this, I'm sure the examiners see it all the time. Assuming you answered the question they should have no trouble figuring it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MilesReilly

I did the interview question in TEXT 1
    Did the 3 questions on Fahrenheit 451 but had to skip 20mark Q had no time
    and the story "It's funny isnt it?, but sad"

I'm happy with what I did today, But tomorrow is gonna be tough
    As long as I pass.. I just gotta pass
    after english exam its all grand for me except for Economics

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

i did the letter about the future..wrote about how i hope nostradamus' predictions about aliens mating with humans dont come true....

btw..dont google nostradamus' predictions..u might not sleep for a while :P

i did the performance essay... kinda fudged it towardas the end..needed to sum up and just waffled on for a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Ashashi wrote: »
    wasn't too bad, did the Al Gore comprehension, the Short talk on books and then the speech. Went all pretty well I think, now to hope my poets come up tomorrow, and I hope to repeat my 86 from the mocks :D

YEAAAA!

same. I hope I can get 96 from mocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Text 1:B - 5 pages
    Text 3:A - 4.5 pages
    Title 7 - 3.5 pages
    Three words....how the feck??
    Quality not quantity...I hope!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Three words....how the feck??
    Quality not quantity...I hope!:rolleyes:

Depends from the size of the writing a person has, i fit like 9-11 words a line, i did over 15 pages in total for paper 1, while others can fit like 3 and a half words a line, they got 20 pages for text 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I did
    A- 3 pages
    B - 2.5 Pages
    C - 3.5 Pages

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

I done A on Text 2 and B on Text 1.

That interview you had to do was so broad! Also the short story.

• Advertisement

shblob wrote: »
    That guys mad writing so many pages for the 50 markers!!!

I'd be happy with a B! He's not though!

Yeah, I was thinking that. It sort of got me worried because I only did 7 pages! But I do put about 12-14 words per line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Did Text 1 Question.A
    and
    Text 2 Question.B

Happy enough with how it went , I'd say a decent enough C/low B from that paper , which is much better than I was hoping. Tomorrow is going to be horrible though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

time to blog

I got so little sleep last night.

I ended up doing Text C (A), Text B (B) and the second short story in which two eccentric characters met for the first time.

I think I did decently for text C (A) question (i) and (ii), but when it came to question (iii), my discussion was very vague and not very well drawn out. I was sitting there thinking to myself 'Oh, screw it. I'll rewrite it.' Then I looked at the clock and noticed how little time I had left. Seriously, there wasn't NEAR enough time set for that exam.

Text B (B) was kind-of okay. I referred back to the question a lot, however, it lacked content of any sort.

And of course, the short story was fun as hell to write. It was just some satire about some pseudo-intellectual conspiracist and some tactless broad. There wasn't much of a resolution at the end (due to the lack of time), but I hope the examiner gets the picture.

Anyway, I did okay. However, I scribbled out SO much stuff. Seriously, the paper is riddled with scribbles. My handwriting was really obscure too. This is what happens when you're sleep deprived.

Hopefully I'll get enough sleep tonight and have my part 2 run smoother tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

pathway33 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7op-IyYZtE <<<<<< it's here but contains bad language :eek:

I actually lol'd. :D
    looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Thought it went very well!:D
    Answered the Q.A on text 2 and the Q.B on text 1-the interview question was brilliant very easy to write about!

I did the personal essay on freedom and filled it with quite a few historical facts/quotes-very happy over all hoping I can scrape a B1 now overall:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

That wasn't too bad. I'm so glad it's over and I never have to do an English Paper One again. It's a ridiculous exam really -always so cringeworthy!

Done now; bring on the rest!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

It went well I think. Sure is great to have it finshed :D So that's 2 tests done now. I can't wait to finish the rest:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Another person who fcuked timing up here...

Whoever did the letter - did you do formal or informal?...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Think I did alright. The question A and B were mediocre. Maybe got 70/100 at most.

I did the Graduation speech about the future for my part II.
    Basicly I went on that "You Have the choice, so choose what you enjoy" etc..
    I thought it was pretty good.
    Got 4 pages done.

Anyone else do this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I almost forgot to ask - what was everyone's superintendants like? We have 3 in the test centre. Ours seems like a right eejit - rather than just getting everyone to sign in she made us all sit down and come over to us, then wouldn't let us get up again before it. She gave us the exam 5 minutes late because she was too busy looking at the damn timetable then it took her Ages to do to actually give out the exam. During the exam she'd walk past every 10 minutes! I know they have to do it to check for cheating but it's really distracting especially wearing bloody sandals which make noise Didn't seem to have a clue what was happening in comparison to the rest of them.
    Apparently she was chewing gum as well really noisily but I wasn't close enough to hear it.
    Really hope she's silent tomorrow -.-.

• Advertisement

I'm worried now. I just read over the Part B from Text 1 and realised it said 50 years. Now I didn't mention what age I was etc. but I did mention that Tupac was 30 years dead. Obviously in 50 years he'd be 60 years dead. Do you think the examiner would mind this?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

YungJoshy wrote: »
    I'm worried now. I just read over the Part B from Text 1 and realised it said 50 years. Now I didn't mention what age I was etc. but I did mention that Tupac was 30 years dead. Obviously in 50 years he'd be 60 years dead. Do you think the examiner would mind this?

I'd say you'll be grand. They're not going to look it up online or anything:)

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I'd say you'll be grand. They're not going to look it up online or anything:)

Pheewwy. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Actually paper 1 went very well Healium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I can't stress enough. Quality over quantity anyday. It's pointless writing 30 pages of crap. I'd say the examiner will be Pee'd off correcting so much too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 leavingcert92

I really don't know how it went...could go either way depending on the examiner I get....:-s

did anyone else think the question A's in the comprehensions were ridiculously hard?? I did the Seamus Heaney one..... such a pile of bull i was spoutin.....:-s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Think I did alright. The question A and B were mediocre. Maybe got 70/100 at most.

I did the Graduation speech about the future for my part II.
    Basicly I went on that "You Have the choice, so choose what you enjoy" etc..
    I thought it was pretty good.
    Got 4 pages done.

Anyone else do this question?
    I did, I did something like that too. And I said if you don't do well in the LC there's always a roundabout way to do your course, that the recession will be over by the time you're finished college, blah blah blah. Got just over 3 pages. It was my first ever speech, except for one I did before for part B :rolleyes: I was fairly happy with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

I really don't know how it went...could go either way depending on the examiner I get....:-s

did anyone else think the question A's in the comprehensions were ridiculously hard?? I did the Seamus Heaney one..... such a pile of bull i was spoutin.....:-s

I don't know, I thought the comprehension was pretty easy on Text (C).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I thought it was grand. A bit surprised at the "suggest image" question for Text 1 question 2. I did Al Gore Question A and the Radio talk question B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 leavingcert92

hmm i thought so too until i saw the question on contrasting the two book covers... then i mucked up the Heaney one... was probably as well off stickin with text c! ah well.... it's over now! :)

Advertisement