Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I did, I did something like that too. And I said if you don't do well in the LC there's always a roundabout way to do your course, that the recession will be over by the time you're finished college, blah blah blah. Got just over 3 pages. It was my first ever speech, except for one I did before for part B :rolleyes: I was fairly happy with it though.
    Yeah, same. I said that there are always the options of repeating or getting a trade, and said there's a lot to look forwards to.
    I'd say I did okay.

Did anyone else do Text 1 for their Part A?
    What images did you guys suggest? I said a farm, a boy sitting alone, and a piano.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

think it got a mixed reaction-
    i loved it, really nice paper in my opinion, but some of my class mates refused to talk about it they were so mad!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

mark.oc wrote: »
    There is one person in every school around the country, (including me) for whom that graduation speech was a doddle. Couldn't believe it when I saw that title on the paper.
    You and me both... you and me both :D The SMILE of my face was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irondragons

hmm i thought so too until i saw the question on contrasting the two book covers... then i mucked up the Heaney one... was probably as well off stickin with text c! ah well.... it's over now! :)

Yeah, part (ii) was a big struggle. However, if you could get passed that, the other two questions were relatively straight forward.

And as you say, it's over now. Thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Yeah, same. I said that there are always the options of repeating or getting a trade, and said there's a lot to look forwards to.
    I'd say I did okay.

Did anyone else do Text 1 for their Part A?
    What images did you guys suggest? I said a farm, a boy sitting alone, and a piano.

i chose 2 men engaged in agricultural business deal, an old lady on a rural road, a woman playing the violin with others dancing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Only getting home now, was studying in school. Thought it was a great paper, did Text 1 B, Text 2 A and I did the graduation speech.....

Did anyone else quote baz luhrman in their speech...like wear sunscreen??? lol

frser32 wrote: »
    i chose 2 men engaged in agricultural business deal, an old lady on a rural road, a woman playing the violin with others dancing. :)
    Similar enough to mine then. Cool. ;)

I'd say most people did the letter for part B.
    Mine was very unoriginal, I thought. I'm kinda dissapointed. I'd say I'll get around 30 for it, which isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

First essay since the mocks :rolleyes: But weirdly, it's the first time I was happy with question B. I did the one about childhood experiences (Text 1 I think). Talked about how I wanted to be a chef since I was a kid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

you can choose to do ANY exam in the leaving cert at any level its completely up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cen92

Easier than I thought.
    I did Question A on Text 1 which wasn't bad then Question B on Text 2.
    I did my essay on two unusual characters, who have superpowers...
    Overall I was happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RooneySRFC

I was very happy with how it went today. Answered the text on Seamus Heaney and did the letter to the future generations, although I'm not actually sure I got the format for a letter right :o. Never taught to look over things like that. For Section II, I answered the graduation speech. Overall I'm very happy, although in saying that, I'm not an examiner and what's very good too me could be ****e compared to other students. Ah well, can only wait til August now. Very nervous about tomorrow, please god give me V+V and Patrick Kavanagh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I'd say most people did the letter for part B.
    Mine was very unoriginal, I thought. I'm kinda dissapointed. I'd say I'll get around 30 for it, which isn't too bad.
    AFAIK QB is the most generous question on either paper, if you did the proper layout you may do better than you think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

For Seamus Heaney images I used:

- I said about the banter, bidding and bargaining, i just quoted that sentence and then said how the alliteration emphasis's the image even more so for me.
    - Walking tall and straight... the description of the girl
    - To sing a school song or say a school poem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

stainluss wrote: »
    AFAIK QB is the most generous question on either paper, if you did the proper layout you may do better than you think..

What was the proper layout??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

i would love to correct the paper 1's
    the amount of bullsh*t would be fricking hilarious .. :D

any of you guys seen this before ..
    made me laugh for ages..

http://bettythesheep.blogspot.com/2007/05/what-not-to-write-in-your-leaving-cert.html

stainluss wrote: »
    Really? That's good to hear.

Do they mark things harder when more people do that question though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

I'm stressed out. English is my best subject, I normally do the magazine articles but there was only one on the paper and it didn't suit me so I did the speech instead. I panicked and I only wrote about 2 pages and a few lines :( I'm seriously doubting the quality/quantity debate now *sobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Paddi Jones

I gotta say I have the most horrible timing, paper itself was fine, but the fact that I didn't get anything fully finished...eh not so fine.

Anyone think theres still a chance of me doing decent enough with nothing finished? 7/8 pages and my writing is pretty small...

Someone gimme a glimmer of hope! :)

Well I did:

3 pages for A
    2 for B
    4 for Essay (Speech)

My writing is kinda big too, so...you should be okay.
    Probably not an A standard, (unless it's really really good ****!) but you should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

Happy with how i did in Paper 1, i did similar to what joey buddy did.:rolleyes:
    Tomorrow better be what i want.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

curlypops wrote: »
    i would love to correct the paper 1's
    the amount of bullsh*t would be fricking hilarious .. :D

any of you guys seen this before ..
    made me laugh for ages..

http://bettythesheep.blogspot.com/2007/05/what-not-to-write-in-your-leaving-cert.html

I saw that about 20 mins ago!! My favourite was the lame duck one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Well I did:

3 pages for A
    2 for B
    4 for Essay (Speech)

My writing is kinda big too, so...you should be okay.
    Probably not an A standard, (unless it's really really good ****!) but you should be okay.

I was the same apart from the speech, which was 2 pages and a few lines :( hopefully I have a kind examiner but knowing my luck I won't. Oh well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I saw that about 20 mins ago!! My favourite was the lame duck one :pac:

serious .. i didnt even realise!:p
    oh well!
    yeah the lame duck one is hilarious ..
    or the one about John and Mary! :D

curlypops wrote: »
    serious .. i didnt even realise!:p
    oh well!
    yeah the lame duck one is hilarious ..
    or the one about John and Mary! :D

It certainly made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

did question 1A on the al gore one (text 2 i think)
    1B on the importance of books (text 3?)

and the essay 4 on freedom..

for the essay i wrote manly about people now having the freedom to be gay more than they used to and black people now having the freedom to be equal - is that completely wrong???

Nah I touched on stuff like that as well. As long as you make it relevant to yourself it should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dacentdee

mixed feelings about the paper tbh. Half way through doin text 1 a realised had made the wrong choice... Had to stick it out. For my essay chose to write a shot story in first person narrative for the personal essay on performing. Is this relevant?? Kinda freakin out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Am I the only one who thinks that the more you think about the paper, the more ****e the paper was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 scherzo!

I wrote the most cynical essay on freedom. It might make the examiner lose his/her will to live. It was just repetition of "we are doomed" over and over in different ways. Also, I spelled "enveloped" as "envelopped". DAMN YOU FRENCH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

PlayGirl wrote: »
    did question 1A on the al gore one (text 2 i think)
    1B on the importance of books (text 3?)

and the essay 4 on freedom..

for the essay i wrote manly about people now having the freedom to be gay more than they used to and black people now having the freedom to be equal - is that completely wrong???

I did the exact same questions lol
    No I said something similar for the essay. Except I went on about freedom of speech and oppression in Ireland over the years and how we should use the freedom we now have to make a better future for the youth lol

Advertisement