Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Forum Drinks.

Options
  • 09-06-2010 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Dear all Classical forum regulars.

The Mad Hatter and I have been discussing the possibility of a Classical forum night out. I propose this should happen in Dublin, preferably somewhere dreadfully arty (snort!) and should involve alcoholic beverages. Perhaps early July (as Norrdeth doesn't get back to Ireland till then, I think).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

I don't know if I count as regular (though I do eat plenty of roughage ;)) but I'd be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yep I'm bach on the 1st of July, maybe early July or summit, 5th or 6th perhaps?
    Somewhere arty and cheap, like some art student dive with plenty of Guinness for the auldies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Clinker wrote: »
    I don't know if I count as regular (though I do eat plenty of roughage ;)) but I'd be interested.

If I'm a regular, you are ;)

I'm in. How is everyone for Saturday nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Early July is good, preferably after the 5th. Saturday nights are crap for me, but any other night is usually good. :)

Norrdeth—Love how you slipped that pun in there without my noticing the first time!

Clinker—Of course you're a regular! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Anyone who wants to join us in drinking and being pretentious is a regular! :D

Sounds fab, count me in.

Might I suggest that we consider a concert in the NCH before hand? Or shall we do that that another night? I'm perfectly happy with just guinness and cheap artsiness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm in! Though I don't post here often, I still know the main players here :)

Sounds fab, count me in.

Laaaame, you said 'fab' =P

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Laaaame, you said 'fab' =P

What's wrong with fab? Fab is rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

This is a righteous idea. I'll be there :)

Great!! I look forward to meeting all of you! =)
    Except funky =P, funnily enough I haven't met him either, although he is.....
    tall dark and handsome.

Hopefully we'll get into some incredibly nerdy musical discussions!
    As I've been out if the musical loop for quite a while.

^^
    Edit:
    We could wear cool name tags and all, with mugshots like some kind of geek convention.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we'll get into some incredibly nerdy musical discussions!
    As I've been out if the musical loop for quite a while.

*insert Philip Glass joke here*

Doshea3 wrote: »
    Early July is good, preferably after the 5th. Saturday nights are crap for me, but any other night is usually good. :)

Hold on, I was looking at the wrong month =P
    Červen (June) instead of Červenec (July)
    God they're so similar.

Anyways what about Friday the 9th? As it's the week after I get back.
    Not sure if the 5th or 6th will be any good for me, I might be starting an intern-ship that week.
    I think we might need to make a date poll to see which is the best day for everyone, but it's still a long way off yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I think we might need to make a date poll to see which is the best day for everyone, but it's still a long way off yet!

Good idea!

I don't think I'll be too fussy on the date though, nothing that can't be rearranged afaik!

We could wear cool name tags and all, with mugshots like some kind of geek convention.

Love this idea!

I'll post a datepoll. From henceforth I wish to be known as Classical Forum Social Secretary. Not that I have delusions of grandeur or anything...

Doshea3 wrote: »
    Love this idea!

I'll post a datepoll. From henceforth I wish to be known as Classical Forum Social Secretary. Not that I have delusions of grandeur or anything...

A post you have indeed deserved. :p

Ah, Norrdeth...you are a true charmer!

And without further ado...asl plz

Advertisement