Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:(

They've got rid of all the great characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That seems pretty silly of them, I like getting to know the professional dancers over the years. It's not them who should go.

Are they axeing Brucey yet? He was good in his day but come on he can barely read the teleprompter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Cathooo wrote: »
    That seems pretty silly of them, I like getting to know the professional dancers over the years. It's not them who should go.

Are they axeing Brucey yet? He was good in his day but come on he can barely read the teleprompter!

Brendan and Anton should've gone ahead of the others. Brendan has won before and Anton has had his day. Very surprised these 2 are still there. I had my rant over on DS earlier so have calmed down a bit now. I'm not sure if i'll be tuning in this year or not and I LOVE SCD, but it's slowly being ruined.

Well I suppose Brendan brings a bit of entertainment to the show, nasty Brendan and all that, but yeah Anton, him and his fake cheesey smile, he's had his day and there's little more to get out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

flutegirl wrote: »
    Brendan and Anton should've gone ahead of the others. Brendan has won before and Anton has had his day. Very surprised these 2 are still there. I had my rant over on DS earlier so have calmed down a bit now. I'm not sure if i'll be tuning in this year or not and I LOVE SCD, but it's slowly being ruined.

agreed...it's bad enough having to put up with Aleysha, but now all the good characters are gone, i don't see the attraction to the show now.

Maybe it's a bit of an attention grabbing stunt by SCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show cant compete with X Factor now matter what they do

Bruce and Anton should be long gone by now

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Frank Bruno has been linked to the latest run of Strictly Come Dancing.
    According to the Sunday Mirror, BBC bosses are keen to get Bruno on the show for the upcoming eighth series, following the popularity of boxer Joe Calzaghe last year.
    "Frank is one of the country's best-loved celebrities. He is still very fit and trains every day so the gruelling schedule of Strictly wouldn't be a problem for him," said a source.
    "The producers have made getting Frank onto the show their number one priority."
    Bruno, 48, was the world heavyweight champion in 1995 and became well known after retiring from the sport for his appearances in pantomimes around the UK.
    Last year, a friend of the ex-boxer claimed that the BBC has snubbed Bruno for the seventh series.
    Rugby star Gavin Henson, actresses Patsy Kensit and Felicity Kendall and politician Anne Widdecombe have all been linked to upcoming run of the BBC dance show.

:(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a249047/cutler-kopylova-quit-strictly.html

Matthew Cutler and Lilya Kopylova will not take part in the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.
    The duo had been asked to perform in a new dance group on the BBC One show alongside Ian Waite, Darren Bennett and Brian Fortuna. However, both dancers have decided to pursue other opportunities instead.
    Fortuna pulled out of the reality show last month.
    The new dance group was introduced following the reduction in the number of celebrities taking part in this year's programme from 16 to 14, and the arrival of three new male dancers - Artem Chigvintsev, Jared Murillo and Robin Windsor.
    Waite and Bennett have agreed to take part in the new dance troupe and will be joined by four new recruits, three female and one male.
    Speaking about his exit, Cutler said: "I've absolutely loved my time on Strictly, and now is a good time to focus on developing new areas of my career. I'm excited about having more time to commit to new projects, and of course, still having a hand in Strictly without all the training!"
    Kopylova, who has been on the show for six years, said: "I will miss it, but I am looking forward to new opportunities ahead. Of course I will be there to support [my husband] Darren and all of my fellow professionals."
    Cutler joined the Strictly family in the third series and partnered celebrities including Siobhan Hayes, Carol Smillie, Christine Bleakley and Alesha Dixon, with whom he won the 2007 series title.
    Kopylova's partners have included Don Warrington, Matt Dawson, Aled Jones and 2005 champion Darren Gough.
    Both Cutler and Kopylova have not ruled out guest appearances on the show and are expected to be involved on an ad hoc basis in training.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a249047/cutler-kopylova-quit-strictly.html

Matthew Cutler and Lilya Kopylova will not take part in the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.
    The duo had been asked to perform in a new dance group on the BBC One show alongside Ian Waite, Darren Bennett and Brian Fortuna. However, both dancers have decided to pursue other opportunities instead.
    Fortuna pulled out of the reality show last month.
    The new dance group was introduced following the reduction in the number of celebrities taking part in this year's programme from 16 to 14, and the arrival of three new male dancers - Artem Chigvintsev, Jared Murillo and Robin Windsor.
    Waite and Bennett have agreed to take part in the new dance troupe and will be joined by four new recruits, three female and one male.
    Speaking about his exit, Cutler said: "I've absolutely loved my time on Strictly, and now is a good time to focus on developing new areas of my career. I'm excited about having more time to commit to new projects, and of course, still having a hand in Strictly without all the training!"
    Kopylova, who has been on the show for six years, said: "I will miss it, but I am looking forward to new opportunities ahead. Of course I will be there to support [my husband] Darren and all of my fellow professionals."
    Cutler joined the Strictly family in the third series and partnered celebrities including Siobhan Hayes, Carol Smillie, Christine Bleakley and Alesha Dixon, with whom he won the 2007 series title.
    Kopylova's partners have included Don Warrington, Matt Dawson, Aled Jones and 2005 champion Darren Gough.
    Both Cutler and Kopylova have not ruled out guest appearances on the show and are expected to be involved on an ad hoc basis in training.

Matthew Cutler was one of the best professional dancers on the show :( Glad I got to see him live in the Strictly pro tour back in May at the 02.

Strictly Come Dancing series eight will be launched with a red carpet event at BBC Television Centre next month, it has been revealed.

The one-hour studio launch will feature the celebrities, judges and pro dancers meeting for the first time, ahead of the live shows starting in October.

For the first time in the show's history, viewers will be able to watch the moment that the celebrities and pros find out who they are being partnered with for the series, in front of a live studio audience. In the past, the 'first meets' have been filmed in advance in either training rooms or workplaces and only shown on the first live show.

The programme will also feature "spectacular group routines" from both the celebrities and pros, and a revamped set ahead of the autumn live shows.

BBC controller of entertainment commissioning Mark Linsey said: "In a series that features more excitement and glamour than ever before - a red carpet event is the ideal way to launch this year's Strictly. This, along with a fantastic line-up of celebrities, even more professional dancers and a revamped set, will see this series getting off to a great launch."

The Good Life actress Felicity Kendall, Conservative politician Ann Widdecombe, TV star Patsy Kensit, ex-boxer Frank Bruno, rugby star Gavin Henson and former soap star Tina O'Brien are all rumoured to be taking part in the ballroom dance show.

The Strictly Come Dancing launch show will air on Saturday, September 11 on BBC One. Three weeks later, on October 2, the lives shows will start.

• Advertisement

Strictly bosses looked to the stars to see their destiny – and promptly signed Michelle Williams up for the show.
    Michelle, 30, sang with Beyonce Knowles in Destiny’s Child, the most successful RnB girl group ever. After they split in 2005 Michelle went on to play Roxie Hart in musical Chicago in London and New York.
    A Strictly source said: “Michelle is a real star who has sung in huge venues and acted in the biggest theatres. But that doesn’t mean she can ballroom dance.
    “We are taking her out of her comfort zone and getting her to do something from scratch. In her Destiny’s Child days she could be a bit of a diva, so it will be interesting to see how she finds the intense training along with drinking tea in a BBC canteen. It will certainly be an eye-opener for her.”
    Michelle is still friends with Beyonce, and BBC bosses hope they may even persuade her to come and watch the show or perform here.
    The BBC declined to comment on the line-up.
    The celebrities will be officially announced next month and are thought to include rugby player Gavin Henson and Good Life actress Felicity Kendall.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz0xP2pxLFe

The celebrity lineup for series eight of Strictly Come Dancing has been announced.

Heading up the bill are Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams, Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe and movie star Jimi Mistry.

This year's soap stars hitting the dancefloor include ex-Corrie actress Tina O'Brien and EastEnders duo Scott Maslen and Kara Tointon.

Rugby player Gavin Henson, The Good Life actress Felicity Kendall, ex-Blue Peter star Matt Baker and Holby City's Patsy Kensit, who had all been strongly rumoured to be taking part, have also been confirmed.

Completing the list are surprise additions DJ Goldie, TV magician Paul Daniels, ex-England goalkeeper Peter Shilton and comedian and psychologist Pamela Stephenson.

The eighth run of the reality show will also include a new set, which features a 9m x 14m dancefloor, three glitterballs and six new spherical chandeliers, 300m of red velvet drapes and 1250m of LED lighting.

Strictly returns with a special red carpet launch show, hosted by Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, on Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One. During the show, the 14 celebrities will be introduced to their professional partners for the first time.

oooh 3 glitterballs :eek::pac:

Gavin Henson, ick put it away

I see Michelle Williams winning it or at least getting to the final. Matt Baker would probably do well too.

So do they dance on the launch night without any practice if they're only meeting their partners then? :eek:

I see Michelle Williams winning it or at least getting to the final. Matt Baker would probably do well too.

So do they dance on the launch night without any practice if they're only meeting their partners then? :eek:

The first live show goes out on 1st Otober so don't think they'll be doing much dancing this Saturday. Think Kara Tointon will do very well...unless she gets Anton Du Beke! Looking forward to Saturday ;)

The first live show goes out on 1st Otober so don't think they'll be doing much dancing this Saturday. Think Kara Tointon will do very well...unless she gets Anton Du Beke! Looking forward to Saturday ;)

I read that they're doing a group dance tomorrow night, so they don't need their own partners for that, and will begin training after the show.

Was Anton not axed?

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

I read that they're doing a group dance tomorrow night, so they don't need their own partners for that, and will begin training after the show.

Was Anton not axed?

Nope Anton is still there. The only reason I can imagine is because if Bruce pops his clogs they'd have a ready made replacement. Anton's dancing is below par and the judges have said so last year. His poor choreography destroyed Layla's chances last year.

The average wardrobe would cast a less wooden figure on the dancefoor than Anton.

I hope the public doesn't mess this season up like they did last years. Some of the best dancers were voted out early where the dead wood lumbered on for ages. I hated the way Ricky was in the dance off several times despite being the best dancer ever on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

I watched the show tonight and I think it'll shape up to be quite good!

The pairings were well made although Ola got stuck with Paul Daniels who looks to be well into his 80s.

Anton got Anne Widdecome thank God and hopefully their first night dancing will also be their last.

I really hope the voting public do a better job this year and won't go chasing the sob stories and doling out the sympathy vote to the pitiful dancers to the detriment of good contestants.

The set has also changed and while I preferred the old set the new one is ok.

I don't know why they changed things really. I used to find the old set, particularly Tess' room reminded of Christmas and cosy winter nights. Now it looks a bit "top of the pops" circa 1999. A pity but I think everyone will still enjoy the show.

The pairings for this year's Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed on the BBC One launch show.

All 14 celebrities found out who they would be dancing with during the series in front of a live studio audience at Television Centre. Hosts Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly announced one by one who would be partnered with which professional dancer.

Actress Felicity Kendall was matched with Vincent Simone, DJ Goldie will team up with Kristina Rihanoff, Gavin Henson will perform with Katya Virshilas, while Kara Tointon was handed new pro Artem Chigvintsev.

Former footballer Peter Shilton will be trained by Erin Boag, Patsy Kensit partners Robin Windsor and film star Jimi Mistry will tackle the dancefloor with Flavia Cacace. Tina O'Brien is with new boy Jared Murillo, Pamela Stephenson has landed James Jordan, while Scott Maslen will be working on his dance moves with Natalie Lowe.

Destiny's Child popstar Michelle Williams will pair up with series one champion Brendan Cole, while ex-Blue Peter host Matt Baker is partnered with Aliona Vilani.

The final two couples are Paul Daniels, who is dancing with last year's winner Ola Jordan and Ann Widdecombe, who will be trained by Anton Du Beke.

The first Strictly live show will air on Friday, October 1 on BBC One.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I was really annoyed to see Matt Cutler wasnt in it anymore :mad:
    Also cant stand Anton anymore, and my mum hate his proffessional partner Erin, so she isnt too impressed either.

On the plus side im liking the look of the new proffesional male Artem ;)

• Advertisement

Kara Tointon has been ordered to delay training for Strictly Come Dancing over fears that she could have an unfair advantage in the competition.

According to the Daily Star, show bosses handed a one-week ban to the former EastEnders actress due to her having already clocked up 21 hours of training for a Sport Relief special that she won in 2008.

"Everyone working on the show recognised that Kara had an unfair advantage," a source claimed. "Even for those who have danced before, ballroom is a completely different discipline, so the fact that she's got a week's training under her belt might well have outraged some viewers."

Meanwhile, Tointon revealed that she had previously rejected an offer to join the 2009 series after her Sport Relief victory.

"They asked me to take part last year but I'd just come out of EastEnders and wanted to concentrate on acting. Then when they asked me again this year I realised what a fantastic opportunity it was to learn a new skill. And of course I love everything about the show," she said.

Tointon and ex-Blue Peter host Matt Baker emerged this week as the joint favourites to win this year's programme.

Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams will perform their new single 'Shame' on the first weekend of Strictly Come Dancing live shows.

The Take That duo will appear on the Saturday, October 2 programme, which will feature the 14 celebrities dancing either a cha cha cha or a waltz.

Williams and Barlow performed together for the first time in 15 years at the Help For Heroes charity concert last weekend.

Executive producer Moira Ross said: "Having Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow performing on our first live weekend is a fantastic way to kick off this series. With all 14 celebrity couples either dancing a waltz or a cha cha cha, it's going to be an exciting start to the show."

Strictly returns on Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2 for a weekend of live performances on BBC One and BBC HD.

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    Nope Anton is still there. The only reason I can imagine is because if Bruce pops his clogs they'd have a ready made replacement. Anton's dancing is below par and the judges have said so last year. His poor choreography destroyed Layla's chances last year.

The average wardrobe would cast a less wooden figure on the dancefoor than Anton.

I hope the public doesn't mess this season up like they did last years. Some of the best dancers were voted out early where the dead wood lumbered on for ages. I hated the way Ricky was in the dance off several times despite being the best dancer ever on the show.

James Jordan does a fine job at presenting and I think might be better than Anton "Bring on the walllllllllllllllll" Du Beke.
    Fistycuffs wrote: »
    I watched the show tonight and I think it'll shape up to be quite good!

The pairings were well made although Ola got stuck with Paul Daniels who looks to be well into his 80s.

Anton got Anne Widdecome thank God and hopefully their first night dancing will also be their last.

I really hope the voting public do a better job this year and won't go chasing the sob stories and doling out the sympathy vote to the pitiful dancers to the detriment of good contestants.

The set has also changed and while I preferred the old set the new one is ok.

I don't know why they changed things really. I used to find the old set, particularly Tess' room reminded of Christmas and cosy winter nights. Now it looks a bit "top of the pops" circa 1999. A pity but I think everyone will still enjoy the show.

The new producer is from Dancing with the Stars, that might have somehthing to do with it.

Snoopy, I think we must be twins, coz I agree with this:
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I was really annoyed to see Matt Cutler wasnt in it anymore :mad:

Also cant stand Anton anymore, and my mum hate his proffessional partner Erin, so she isnt too impressed either.

On the plus side im liking the look of the new proffesional male Artem ;)

...and I DEFINATELY agree with this about Artem!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

James Jordan does a fine job at presenting and I think might be better than Anton "Bring on the walllllllllllllllll" Du Beke.

Yup I agree completely. Sadly the BBC like to cram in a few musty, wooden old fogies where possible though....as long as they aren't women. 30 is pushing on if you're female. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Edelstein

When does the show actually start?? I was expecting it this evening.

Was that first show on recently just to launch who's partnering who?

x

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Yes it was a launch show to pick their partners it's not on again until Friday the 1st october & Saturday the 2nd October :)

Edelstein wrote: »
    When does the show actually start?? I was expecting it this evening.Was that first show on recently just to launch who's partnering who?

x

Yeah, bit odd to do a launch show and then leave it for 3 weeks. Might 've been an idea to have a half hour' It Takes Two' style show on Sats to give training updates in the run-up to the live shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Julidoherty

We are putting on a Strictly Come Dancing type show in Donegal shortly...
    We are doing the cha cha and the jive

I'm looking for advice on
    - what to wear
    - where to get dresses
    - also each couple has to cheoreograph our own routines... Any ideas?? Simple moves but look good!! (even links to good YouTube clips!)

Did anyone watch them? Kara looks realy good, as does Matt Baker, check out those hips! :eek: Pamela did really well, but Michelle wasn't as good as I was expecting. Think it's going to be a good series, even though I'm missing Matt Cutler and Brian Fortuna. Roll on ITT tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought Matt was very good and I dont know who he is but he's a great dancer, I thought Ann Widicome was funny but she wont be as funny as John Sargent (sorry about the wrong spelling of names)Tina o Brien wasn't that good but I got the feeling the judges were blameing her partner for not giving her a better routine.

Advertisement