Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They may as well rename it "Strictly Come Dancing With The Stars".
    They have added so much "glitz and glam" to the dances, it's awful.
    I hate the American version because there is little emphasis on footwork and it's all about entertainment. It looks like the UK version is heading down the same road. They're just dumbing the show down. :mad:

Standard is quite high this year though..... apart from the munchkin dancing with Tina O'Brien .... he's appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Heroditas wrote: »
    Standard is quite high this year though..... apart from the munchkin dancing with Tina O'Brien .... he's appalling.
    I agree he is awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

I say Ann will stay!

That was funny......I have to give her a lot of respect....she is well up for the craic.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Was Robbie not on last week with Gary?

Is he the only bookable star they can find?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Patsy and Robin first group saved for next week

Michelle and Brendan also saved

• Advertisement

Pamela and James are through

As are Jimmy and Flavia

In the bottom two and in danger of leaving

Peter and Erin

Tina O Brien through
    Scott through
    Gavin through
    Matt through

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I want Paul to go!

Wow! Surprised there with one of the bottom two!
    Kristina is really not very popular! It must be her because Goldie is a great character

• Advertisement

Oh wow! Didn't see that coming! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Doesn't help that Kristina is so unlikeable though. I thought Goldie was alright

Alicat wrote: »
    Doesn't help that Kristina is so unlikeable though.

That has to be the reason.
    Certainly I can never warm to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

As a huge fan of the show I'm not loving the results show. Claudia was underused, and, dare I say it, Bruce was missed. Seeing as it's recorded on saturday evening, I see no point in watching it now. As for the dance troupe apart from Darren and Ian, they've not been properly introduced to the show and are just random dancers.

Oh, and it's on too early on Saturday! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I am a strictly addict, I went to the show in dublin in may and it was brilliant but Im not that bothered with strictly this year, I was working at the weekend so I recorded it and watched it on monday well fast forwarded most of it tbh.the result show is just silly,the main show is too much like dancing with the stars. so glad kristina is gone, hopefully michelle will be next. I agree brucie is missed. I wonder will the regular dancers like james and ola dance together at all now. all the crap about kara in the papers at the weekend was the usual publicity for the show, artem is not the best looking guy on strictly.

hondasam wrote: »
    I am a strictly addict, I went to the show in dublin in may and it was brilliant but Im not that bothered with strictly this year, I was working at the weekend so I recorded it and watched it on monday well fast forwarded most of it tbh.the result show is just silly,the main show is too much like dancing with the stars. so glad kristina is gone, hopefully michelle will be next. I agree brucie is missed. I wonder will the regular dancers like james and ola dance together at all now. all the crap about kara in the papers at the weekend was the usual publicity for the show, artem is not the best looking guy on strictly.

So did I!!!! It was excellent, loved seeing Matthew Cutler, he is better looking in person and a seriously good dancer, especially jive, I don't know why he got demoted :confused:. I've got tickets to the SCD live tour in jan but I'm not sure about it now. Bought them before all the changes were made, was looking forward to see MC dance again.

What was the publicity about Kara?

flutegirl wrote: »
    So did I!!!! It was excellent, loved seeing Matthew Cutler, he is better looking in person and a seriously good dancer, especially jive, I don't know why he got demoted :confused:. I've got tickets to the SCD live tour in jan but I'm not sure about it now. Bought them before all the changes were made, was looking forward to see MC dance again.

What was the publicity about Kara?

herself and artem were an item and he dumped her, she did not turn up for training. the did not know if she would turn up for the show. just publicity I think. matthew is so georgous but james and ola are my favourites, I did not get tickets for that reason, I want to know who will be dancing before I buy tickets.

flutegirl wrote: »
    I don't know why he got demoted :confused:.

I could be cynical by saying that Artem might appeal to the women more because he's not gay.
    Also, there's more chance of "spice" and a relationship between the z-lister and the dancer.
    That was never going to happen if Matt was one of the pros.
    Matt was asked to be one of the dance troupe and he told them where to shove it. It's a pity because he's an excellent dancer.

I could be cynical by saying that Artem might appeal to the women more because he's not gay.
    Also, there's more chance of "spice" and a relationship between the z-lister and the dancer.
    That was never going to happen if Matt was one of the pros.
    Matt was asked to be one of the dance troupe and he told them where to shove it. It's a pity because he's an excellent dancer.

do you think matthew really is gay ? I could not believe how camp ian was at the show in dublin really out there but not matthew.
    just to add artem is not good looking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tina O'Brien will miss this week's 'Strictly Come Dancing' after falling ill with chicken pox.

The 27-year-old actress - who has 23-month-old daughter Scarlett - is "devastated" at having to skip this weekend's live performance to recover at home from the contagious skin complaint.

O'Brien was due to perform a rumba with her dance partner Jared Murilla - who has flown seven members of his family over from America - but her doctor has said she is unable to compete.

If she is too unwell to return next week, she will have to leave the show.

She said: "I am devastated. I was so looking forward to this week's show. Jared and I have spent so much time and effort on a really fantastic routine and I just couldn't wait to perform it on Saturday.

"Hopefully I will bounce back quickly and be on top dancing form soon, ready to come back straight into the next routine. I will be watching them all this weekend."

The remaining 12 celebrities will appear on the show as normal on Saturday - including Ann Widdecombe, who is grieving the loss of her brother Malcolm - ahead of the elimination which will be aired on the results show on Sunday.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    do you think matthew really is gay ? I could not believe how camp ian was at the show in dublin really out there but not matthew.
    just to add artem is not good looking at all.

Matthew is definitely gay. It's why his marriage to Nicole ended.
    However, they're still best of friends.
    His partner was in the audience for the launch show a few weeks ago.
    My wife has met him a few times and he's mentioned his partner a few times in conversations to her.
    Ian is also gay.

Matthew is definitely gay. It's why his marriage to Nicole ended.
    However, they're still best of friends.
    His partner was in the audience for the launch show a few weeks ago.
    My wife has met him a few times and he's mentioned his partner a few times in conversations to her.
    Ian is also gay.

ya I was kinda wondering if he was, Ian you would know for sure. not that it makes any difference what so ever matthew is one of the nicest and one of the best dancers and he is missed. I never really liked nicole that much tbh, did not think herself and matthew were suited at all.

Finally got around to watching tonight's show after a marathon of other TV today.

Pamela - well what a fantastic performance. Some closer body positioning and they could have got a 10 or two!

Thought they were a bit hard on Gavin, the rumba is very hard for the celebrity men to lead and I thought he did an ok job.

Special congratulations to Anne Widdecombe. She did a very good job with the quickstep. She'd put many amateur dancers to shame with that.

Peter Shilton did a good job too.

Delighted Kara Tointon didn't come higher. Cartwheels have no place in the quickstep. Ridiculous thing to do.

I hate the rumba. I just don't like the dance but thankfully we also had the quickstep this week.

The show was good, Michelle was very disappointed but she is not very good, she thinks she is a big star but not in the UK she's not. Kara is to full of herself as well. Poor Gavin you would have to feel for him. Ann and Paul will have to go now before better dancers get the chop. I like scott but cant stand natalie.

I dont like Michelle and I dont think she's a good dancer. I heard if Tina doesn't dance next week she's out, I dont think Patsy is a good dancer either and I think Ann did well I hope Paul goes I cant stand him

casio4 wrote: »
    I dont like Michelle and I dont think she's a good dancer. I heard if Tina doesn't dance next week she's out, I dont think Patsy is a good dancer either and I think Ann did well I hope Paul goes I cant stand him

ya Tina is out if she can't dance next week. Paul is just an annoying little man. I feel so sorry for Ola because she is my fav dancer. Patsy im not bothered about dont think she is good. Pamela has to stop on about the hot flushes heard enough about them now. I thought she was around sixty.

Well I don't think anyone will be particularly disappointed by who was eliminated tonight!

I'm glad Paul is gone

ya glad paul is gone and Id say Ola is happy she is gone.

• Advertisement

Right result this evening. Finding it hard to warm to this series, think it has to do with the axing of Matthew and Brian, am definately missing the old pros. Not loving the results show either. Love Claudia but not sure about Tess without Bruce, will keep watching anyway...

Advertisement