Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well you'll all get to see Ian back for this week at least. Brendan Cole's dad died on Saturday before the show. He didn't tell anyone and went on with the show rather than let Michelle down.Mustve been very tough on him. He has gone back to NZ now for the funeral so he'll be missing for at least one week and Ian will partner Michelle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1321307/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2010-Brendan-Cole-performs-fathers-death.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Did anyone else notice that Michelle seemed to be crying after Vincent and felicity danced? The camera cut to Tess's area after their dance and Michelle looked to have her head down and be dabbing her eyes all the time was on camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Well you'll all get to see Ian back for this week at least. Brendan Cole's dad died on Saturday before the show. He didn't tell anyone and went on with the show rather than let Michelle down.Mustve been very tough on him. He has gone back to NZ now for the funeral so he'll be missing for at least one week and Ian will partner Michelle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1321307/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2010-Brendan-Cole-performs-fathers-death.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Did anyone else notice that Michelle seemed to be crying after Vincent and felicity danced? The camera cut to Tess's area after their dance and Michelle looked to have her head down and be dabbing her eyes all the time was on camera.

I would prefer to see matthew, ya seem michelle crying. she has been really bad dancing and cannot take the judges comments, the were a little bit nicer this week but did not want to be. hopefully she will be gone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

hondasam wrote: »
    I would prefer to see matthew, ya seem michelle crying. she has been really bad dancing and cannot take the judges comments, the were a little bit nicer this week but did not want to be. hopefully she will be gone soon.

Yeah, me too, I can understand why he didn't want to join the troupe thing but I do miss him damcing every week. But good to see Ian partnering Michelle, for a pop star who dances she's not as good as I was expecting. GO IAN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Sad to hear about Brendan's father.

I am an absolute Strictly addict - more so than X-factor.

Does anyone else think that Gavin Henson has had botox on this face !!!! His face doesn't move, there is never any emotion on it :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive been on holiday for 3 weeks, so ive certainly missed alot. I watched it takes two on Monday so think i have caught up.
    Bit shocked at first weeks result, though i do think Christina is an unlikable person. Certainly glad to see Paul go.
    Can anyone tell me, is it just on saturday nights now, or Friday Saturday and Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It's on on Saturday and the results show on Sunday no dance off anymore

Thank you. so its all down to public voting then?

I'm not sure I think maybe 50% home voting and 50% judges votes

Im in serious danger of fancying Gavin henson, someone slap me!!!
    Also who did Katya (Gavins partner) dance with in the previous series, its wrecking my head!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Think it was Phil Tuffnell.....

• Advertisement

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im in serious danger of fancying Gavin henson, someone slap me!!!Also who did Katya (Gavins partner) dance with in the previous series, its wrecking my head!!!!

* happily slaps Snoopy1* What ARE you thinking! :eek:

Am soooooooooo missing Matthew to look at
    onway wrote: »
    Think it was Phil Tuffnell.....

Yeah, it was.

flutegirl wrote: »
    * happily slaps Snoopy1* What ARE you thinking! :eek:

Am soooooooooo missing Matthew to look at

Yeah, it was.

I know i need slapping!! I miss Matthew soo much.

Ah Phil Tufnell, i can remember it now. Thanks for letting my head rest easy now :D

Bit shocked at first weeks result, though i do think Christina is an unlikable person.

Aww why ? I thought she was nice.

I don't mean to aim this now at you snoopy but I really hope that the public vote on who is a good dancer this year and not on who they think might be nice to hang out with. Last year was farcical with Ricky, the best dancer ever in the competition, regularly in the bottom two and then coming second over all to Chris and "Ola chops" just because they were cutesy or something...I don't know ,I never saw the appeal, it certainly wasn't their dancing. So many good female contestants have been thrown out of the competition well before their time. I really hope this year is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Last year was farcical with Ricky, the best dancer ever in the competition, regularly in the bottom two and then coming second over all to Chris and "Ola chops" just because they were cutesy or something...I don't know ,I never saw the appeal, it certainly wasn't their dancing.

Last year summed up the show perfectly.
    Half of it is dancing and the other half is how much the contestants are liked by the general public.
    If it went solely on the judges' votes, people would tune out because we've seen how the judges can ridiculously over-mark their favourites.
    Anyway, Ricky was a cocky, whiney, arrogant dislikeable guy and his partner isn't a particularly good pro either.
    Ola used to be a cranky cow but Chris brought out the best in her and the fans liked them.

Ricky lost out last year because Natalie is not liked and I would be surprised if she wins this year either. She is too smug, Christina also plays the shy little girl and then the press prints other stories. The public have never really warmed to her or Natalie. I have not seem the ratings figures this year to see if the are up on last year, I’m not following the bbc forum this year as the changed it. The judges clearly have their favourites, Pamela, matt, Kara.

Im in serious danger of fancying Gavin henson, someone slap me!!!
    Also who did Katya (Gavins partner) dance with in the previous series, its wrecking my head!!!!

I sure hope you are a girl !!! consider yourself beaten to a pulp :D poor gavin he looks so uncomfortable and orange, I do not know why he agreed to the show because he cannot relax and katya will not take any prisoners and will push him to far, he might actually walk of. I kinda feel sorry for him.:)

I sure hope you are a girl !!! consider yourself beaten to a pulp :D poor gavin he looks so uncomfortable and orange, I do not know why he agreed to the show because he cannot relax and katya will not take any prisoners and will push him to far, he might actually walk of. I kinda feel sorry for him.:)

Yes im a girl. I cant understand it myself either, normally i think hes horrible, but as soon as he puts the dancing shirt on, i go weak :o

We can see it already with the voting. The public are keeping Ann in, as she's entertaining. At least the judges had a final say in the dance off in previous series. I never used to like it when they had a sunday show, as everyone used to find out the results before the show was on tv.

Yes im a girl. I cant understand it myself either, normally i think hes horrible, but as soon as he puts the dancing shirt on, i go weak :o

We can see it already with the voting. The public are keeping Ann in, as she's entertaining. At least the judges had a final say in the dance off in previous series. I never used to like it when they had a sunday show, as everyone used to find out the results before the show was on tv.

Ann Widdecomb is in serious danger of winning this, would be ironic for Anton to fianlly get a win with his worst partner. Their showdance could be TV gold! :eek:

flutegirl wrote: »
    Ann Widdecomb is in serious danger of winning this, would be ironic for Anton to fianlly get a win with his worst partner. Their showdance could be TV gold! :eek:
    Ann wont win the judges wont let her

casio4 wrote: »
    Ann wont win the judges wont let her

I hope not, although I fear that even if all four judges give her 0 in the semis, the public will keep her in in their droves :eek:

• Advertisement

Hopefully its the same as John Sargant. Keep her in for a few weeks for the entertainment, and then get rid of her when it starts to get more serious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I'm backing Pamela, c'mon Pamela, ya multitalented bi-atch :pac:

I cant figure out Pamela she isn't a great dancer but she's not that bad either like patsy I cant work her out either but between the two of them I prefer Pamela

It made me laugh at the start when they showed Pamela, and her husband. She said husband was worried about her dancind with James, and how close they would have to get.
    As if James who is married to Ola, would look twice at Pam :D

It made me laugh at the start when they showed Pamela, and her husband. She said husband was worried about her dancind with James, and how close they would have to get.
    As if James who is married to Ola, would look twice at Pam :D

To be fair, in her day Pamela could have easily rivalled Ola.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Anyway, Ricky was a cocky, whiney, arrogant dislikeable guy and his partner isn't a particularly good pro either.
    Ola used to be a cranky cow but Chris brought out the best in her and the fans liked them.
    Ricky lost out last year because Natalie is not liked and I would be surprised if she wins this year either. She is too smug, Christina also plays the shy little girl and then the press prints other stories. The public have never really warmed to her or Natalie. .

Sorry but these comments are so depressing.
    We never see more of any contestant for longer than 7 minutes a week including the It Takes Two show interviews and the Strictly edit.There's no way of judging anyones personality really and even if you could why should they be voted off for being "dislikeable" when it's a dancing competition? If people want a popularity contest why can't they just watch Big Brother and not ruin other shows with the same nonsense that ruins the voting in BB every year. Also it's almost always the prettiest, most talented girls who bare the brunt of these "oh but she's dislikeable" attitudes and get voted off too quickly...by female voters. It's just...depressing.

Sorry but these comments are so depressing.
    We never see more of any contestant for longer than 7 minutes a week including the It Takes Two show interviews and the Strictly edit.There's no way of judging anyones personality really and even if you could why should they be voted off for being "dislikeable" when it's a dancing competition? If people want a popularity contest why can't they just watch Big Brother and not ruin other shows with the same nonsense that ruins the voting in BB every year. Also it's almost always the prettiest, most talented girls who bare the brunt of these "oh but she's dislikeable" attitudes and get voted off too quickly...by female voters. It's just...depressing.

fair comment but these dancers all give interviews to magazines and we read about them in the Sunday papers often bad press, people judge them on that sometimes I guess. people will always vote for their favourite because its human nature to want the person you like to win. That's my opinion anyway. kristina is not the prettiest girl.

Its getting silly now. Weve had a laugh at Ann, but the dancing is apalling!!!

Gavin also needs to go, as im fancying him more and more now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All these props are ridiculous, e.g. the windows for Jimi and Flavia.
    Also,the Charleston is muck.

Not enjoying this series at all.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    All these props are ridiculous, e.g. the windows for Jimi and Flavia.
    Also,the Charleston is muck.

Not enjoying this series at all.

Fair enough about the props, but the Charleston's great craic :pac:

Advertisement