Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have not watched ITT at all this year, Im still disappointed with the change in the show this year and cannot get into it. I think we had a connection with the dancers over the years and that is not there now. Jared is to young for strictly while it might work on DWTS I dont think it works here. I have asked a few friends that watch it and the love it so I think it must be me missing Matthew, I really have to get over it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I had last Saturday's episode taped as I couldn't watch it live, but OMG the paso doble at the start with the male professionals!! I LOVED it! I have rewound and watched it so many times. They really should do more of the male solo group dances! Artem is particularly easy on the eye :D

Can't say I miss Matthew really, the blonde school boy hair style just does nothing for me.:P He was never one of my favourites. The only one I miss really is Brian Fortuna, I thought he was an excellent dancer and himself and Kristina were a fantastic pairing.

As for this year's celebrities, I loved Kara and Scott this weekend but I'm a big fan of Ann as well. I couldn't stop laughing when Anton was flinging her around the floorm comical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

hondasam wrote: »
    I have not watched ITT at all this year, Im still disappointed with the change in the show this year and cannot get into it. I think we had a connection with the dancers over the years and that is not there now. Jared is to young for strictly while it might work on DWTS I dont think it works here. I have asked a few friends that watch it and the love it so I think it must be me missing Matthew, I really have to get over it. :)

I still miss him dancing, I like the others that have gone, big fan of Brian, but think that Matthew still had a role as a main dancer to a celebrity. Hoping he might return next year seeing as he has choreographed some of the professional dances and got to dance last week . His hotness needs to be on prime time tv every saturday to be admired.:D *heads off for a cold shower*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

neveah wrote: »
    I had last Saturday's episode taped as I couldn't watch it live, but OMG the paso doble at the start with the male professionals!! I LOVED it! I have rewound and watched it so many times. They really should do more of the male solo group dances! Artem is particularly easy on the eye :D

Can't say I miss Matthew really, the blonde school boy hair style just does nothing for me.:P He was never one of my favourites. The only one I miss really is Brian Fortuna, I thought he was an excellent dancer and himself and Kristina were a fantastic pairing.

As for this year's celebrities, I loved Kara and Scott this weekend but I'm a big fan of Ann as well. I couldn't stop laughing when Anton was flinging her around the floorm comical!

Cant believe you uttered those swear words saying you dont miss Matthew!!!!!!:D
    Those dancers on the start of the show had me all hot and flustered. I told my boyfriend it was the sexiest thing ever watching them, dont think he was impressed!
    I know Matt Baker is going to do well, im already looking forward to his showdance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Sunday show isn't live????:eek: I feel silly now :o:D
    That's how people know the result on Saturday night! ;)

• Advertisement

Where are the spoliers? I need to know the results, please post them :D

Back to fancying Gavin again, your slaps wernt hard enough last time :p

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Where are the spoliers? I need to know the results, please post them :D

Back to fancying Gavin again, your slaps wernt hard enough last time :p

One of the other forums is good at posting up result around 10 ish.

I think you're a lost cause where Gav is concerned, although he did alright tonight AND didn't look too bad! God, maybe it's catching :o

Please let Ann be booted off tonight, she's not even bothering to dance now...:rolleyes:

There's no hope for me!!!

Yea i agree, Ann really needs to go now. She was funny at first, but now im sick of her answering back the judges, with smart/snotty comments.

There's no hope for me!!!

Yea i agree, Ann really needs to go now. She was funny at first, but now im sick of her answering back the judges, with smart/snotty comments.

I'm sick of Anton as well, he's usually doing his Christmas shopping by now :rolleyes:

Jimi and Michelle bottom 2, Jimi and Flavia gone, source: digitalspy forum

• Advertisement

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
    :mad:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've already had my rant over on the other forum. This result is not good :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That is a serious shocker and so the wrong call. Bring back the dance-off.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Gutted about tonight.
    Can't believe
    Ann is still there, grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

jimmy gone- total suprise, he is in total shock

bring back danceoff-it would have saved him

Awwwwww, poor Jimi, he couldn't even speak at the end, this show is wrecking my head!! :mad:

the way voting going- not about dancing but how popular you are

downgrades quality of programme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Gutted when Jimi and Flavia went. They were really improving. Was really shocking.
    Can't believe Ann is still there!! Just goes to show that it's not a dance competition at all! People think she's funny and all that but enough is enough!!

I definitely agree with bringing back the dance-off. If Ann got in bottom 2 with another couple, I have a awful feeling that the votes would keep her in...unfortunately! Judges would kick her off in a heartbeat!

/rant over.

If they get a couple of similar results in next two weeks i can see them bringing back danceoff to eliminate ann and a few others

I rather watch high quality dance than ann messing around- she has had her few weeks and a bit of fun- she knows that their is no way she will win based on dance ability

maybe pick 3 lowest based on viewers- judges save first one and of the two left get rid of lowest based on combined score, we all win them, both judges and public eliminate one each

If they get a couple of similar results in next two weeks i can see them bringing back danceoff to eliminate ann and a few others
    But she has never even been in the bottom two! What kind of idiots are voting for her?!!!? :mad:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    But she has never even been in the bottom two! What kind of idiots are voting for her?!!!? :mad:

I think in two to three weeks if still their-she will walk off like john sargent did, bascially be told in private to do it

would not be fair to see her in final- if she makes it to final, might as well cancel programme now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jimmy gone- total suprise, he is in total shock

bring back danceoff-it would have saved him
    do the judges not have any say? I thought it was a combination of viewers votes and the judges :o

It's half judges scores and half public vote. But the person with the lowest combination of the two goes. There's no 'X Factor' style judges saving of one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That's it. I am finished watching Strictly Come Dancing. That elimination is an absolute joke.

Bringing in all the props - swings, cauldrons etc etc; and they can't get a fair way for eliminations to work.

Effing eejits. I am deleting this off my Sky+, not watching anymore. Jimmy should not have went out tonight.

Im very nearly at the point, where i dont want to watch this anymore.
    I cant see Ann ever doing the decent thing and quitting, and im sick of watching her comedy routines!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have not watched it yet and I dont think I will bother. every other year I would watch it as soon as I got home from work but not this year. The sunday show is just a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Im very nearly at the point, where i dont want to watch this anymore.
    I cant see Ann ever doing the decent thing and quitting, and im sick of watching her comedy routines!!!
    Anns routine wasn't even funny this week and they will get less funny as the weeks go on

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    That's it. I am finished watching Strictly Come Dancing. That elimination is an absolute joke.

Bringing in all the props - swings, cauldrons etc etc; and they can't get a fair way for eliminations to work.

Effing eejits. I am deleting this off my Sky+, not watching anymore. Jimmy should not have went out tonight.
    Yes, it has sadly sank to new depths. All these years and STILL not a fare way to eliminate somebody to prevent a farce like this. Poor Jimmi. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for one more show but if Ann isn't eliminated Saturday night I'm not bothering with it any more. :(

Posy wrote: »
    Yes, it has sadly sank to new depths. All these years and STILL not a fare way to eliminate somebody to prevent a farce like this. Poor Jimmi. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for one more show but if Ann isn't eliminated Saturday night I'm not bothering with it any more. :(

I'm not sure if who I'm finidng more annoying, Ann or Anton. He's usually gone by now. Did anyone hear Tess mention on Sunday that if the couples don't stick to the rountines, i.e. if they start putting in lifts and stuff as they have been doing up until now, they will be docked marks. THIS should signal the end of Ann.

BUT if Ann ends up winning the show I don't think any decent celeb will bother signing up for the show next year.

Somebody at the bbc please get some cop on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

flutegirl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if who I'm finidng more annoying, Ann or Anton. He's usually gone by now. Did anyone hear Tess mention on Sunday that if the couples don't stick to the rountines, i.e. if they start putting in lifts and stuff as they have been doing up until now, they will be docked marks. THIS should signal the end of Ann.

BUT if Ann ends up winning the show I don't think any decent celeb will bother signing up for the show next year.

Somebody at the bbc please get some cop on!

I can appreciate why the BBC puts in all types of people - different ages, careers, soaps stars/hollywood stars, politicians etc etc.

Bad organisation on behalf of the BBC with the dance off, and the voting public are to blame.

Ann will be in the same place as John Sergeant last year soon - where he was embarrassed to be there when far better dancers were going out. He knew if he had stayed, the show was turning into a mockery.

Getting rid of the dance-off is really the problem.

Advertisement