Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Come to the Street Performance World Championships and get amazing shots

• 09-06-2010 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm volunteering again with the Street Performance World Championships and I have an exclusive invitation for two Boards.ie Photography Forum members.

blog-header-2010-both.jpg

The Championships are on in Cork this weekend and in Dublin from Thursday to Sunday next week, June 16 to 20. On June 20 at 2pm, we're holding a World Record Attempt on Mount Street, off Merrion Square. It's going to look a little something like this:

World%20Record%20Space%20Hopper.jpg

We're inviting 1,500 people to bounce on SPACE HOPPERS at Merrion Square.

From the Facebook page:
    Maybe we're completely bonkers (and maybe you are too) but could you be one of 1,500 people who do something completely off the wall for no reason at all and bounce space hoppers with us into the Guinness Book of World Records?

At 2pm on Sunday 20th June on Upper Mount St, Dublin 2, outside the Pepper Canister Church, we need 1,500 fans of the SPWC to plonk their gorgeous behinds on a space hopper each and bounce like they have never bounced before.

We could break a world record!

To guarantee a spot at one of the most random things you will ever do in Dublin, please email worldrecord@spwc.ie to register your name.

The world record is not just for the good of your bums. All participants will be asked to donate to a wonderful charity, Africa Aware, which helps AIDS orphans and abandoned children in Malawi. Recommended donations are from €2 to €10 but if you've had fun on your space hopper and you're feeling generous, then our collectors will definitely accept more!

It's all for a great cause.

Would you like to be on the media bus to get some good shots? It'll be an open top double decker on Mount Street where the media will be based.

If you're interested in taking some shots in either Cork or Dublin, or indeed being on the media bus below, just leave a comment below and I'll pick and be in touch before the events.

Thanks

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ooohhh stick me down for this - Dublin preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Would love to do this, Dublin too for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'd be very interested in Dublin if someone pulls out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dublin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

The Dublin one would suite me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I'm in for Dublin, if there is room.

Would love a bit of space on the bus top. :D

Went to this 3 out 4 days last year got some good shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Put me down in teh Dublin draw please Darragh.

Thanks,
    Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Me too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Stick me down too - I'm also a SPWC volunteer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks folks, will keep this open and come back to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

throw my name into the hat (for dublin) .... and if anyone wants to send pics from the street performance championships to the papers I'll facilitate..... images from Dublin or Cork...doesnt matter.

images will need to be sent asap and will need full details of :
    - who the person(s) is/are...in the pic
    - why they are there
    - what they are doing
    where are they

ie. Joe Bloggs performing a sword swallowing trick on grafton street as part of the Street Performance Championships in Dublin/Cork last weekend.Pic: (YOUR NAME)

if you get printed - I'll show you how to invoice and who to invoice and how much to invoice for...its different for each paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

I'd be interested in the Dublin spot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

cant do thursday or saturday is it possible to do friday and sunday

also is it for professionals or can any do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

PCPhoto wrote: »
    throw my name into the hat (for dublin) .... and if anyone wants to send pics from the street performance championships to the papers I'll facilitate..... images from Dublin or Cork...doesnt matter.

- why they are there
    - what they are doing
    where are they

ie. Joe Bloggs performing a sword swallowing trick on grafton street as part of the Street Performance Championships in Dublin/Cork last weekend.Pic: (YOUR NAME)

if you get printed - I'll show you how to invoice and who to invoice and how much to invoice for...its different for each paper.

If I could thank you twice I would.

Can I put my name into this ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

- why they are there
    - what they are doing
    where are they

just a quick point, there will be plenty of local jugglers around, so if its just random people juggling in the park and you are looking for information, feel free to give me a message and i can probably give you their names and/or contact details :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

Put me in for bus on 20th in Dublin please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Is anyone going in to Merrion Sq today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Yeah I'm heading in this afternoon.

Just back, not a lot happening in there today to be honest but i would say tomorrow will be hopping. Lots of people with big subtle white lenses floating around :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I have back out on sunday, life got in the way.

for anyone interested the schedule for fridays performers is here:

http://spwc.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/spwc-dublin-schedule-for-thur-17-and-fri-18-june/

• Advertisement

Here's what I got today, tempted to head back in tomorrow :D it was great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arciphel/sets/72157624297726120/

Arciphel wrote: »
    Here's what I got today, tempted to head back in tomorrow :D it was great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arciphel/sets/72157624297726120/

just a reminder that if anyone wants me to send images to the newspapers - drop me a PM with your email address and I will email what I will need from you.

will give you my number to drop me a text or call to confirm I received images and caption details etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Here's a few from yesterday afternoon

4710797513_8eddb994e5.jpg

4710798021_a2637cc558.jpg

4711453912_02e1e44be6.jpg

just a reminder that if anyone wants me to send images to the newspapers - drop me a PM with your email address and I will email what I will need from you.

will give you my number to drop me a text or call to confirm I received images and caption details etc etc

PM sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

hoping to go sunday after my breakfast in bed :)

received pics from 3 people ... sent out to the papers ... :D keep an eye out for boardsies pics printed (Hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey photographers,

If you're there today for the World Record Space Hoppers event, make yourself known to me. I'll be in a red t-shirt at registration :)

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 borov

I use too:)

Advertisement