Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A SIM question for HTC Desire

• 09-06-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I read this morning on a UK site, that Orange UK, supply a second SIM for the same number, for a once off charge of £30 plus £3 per month. In other words you could have two phones running on the same number. One I guess may have to be switched off. This was from a guy, who had purchased a HTC Desire. Likes the phone, and wants to keep it as main business phone, but finds it impractical for outdoor and on the part time job of farming. For this he uses an old Nokia brick, with the secondary SIM intalled.
    Now I think that is a great idea, as i too find the Desire, great for business, pleasure but not practical for the rough outdoors life.
    Do any of the mobile operators in Ireland offer this option. I remember asking in O2 years ago, and the guy looked at me like I was from another planet.
    TB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It is a solid idea. I too wouldn't bring my desire when going running, given that it's a little bulky and not very waterproof. I got a free O2 PAYG sim when I picked up my desire (think all the operators will send you out one for free) so I just shoved this into my old phone. When going running in the mountains I just turn it on, and forward calls from my desire to this phone. Takes two seconds.

Not as good as having a second sim for the same number, but forwarded calls are just using my inclusive minutes, so no extra charge.

Is it no wonder we have one of the highest proliferations of mobile phone ownership in the country? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I remember years ago a boss of mine had an actual car phone (not a car phone kit!) and he had his sim card cloned so it used the same number as his mobile phone. When he was in the car he'd turn off his mobile and the car phone would pick up.
    Thing is, at the time he was using an illegaly cloned sim card. You weren't allowed to have a sim with the same number as another......has this changed?

Anyway, I'd much rather have the Desire capable of using two sims at the same time like some other phones. Handy for work. Personal phone or work phone on the same phone.

Advertisement