Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stone observatory

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Don't know if any of you would be interested in this but thought I'd be courageous and post it anyway :D
    http://tinyurl.com/2vtknb4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

fifilarue wrote: »
    Don't know if any of you would be interested in this but thought I'd be courageous and post it anyway :D
    http://tinyurl.com/2vtknb4

Hi fifilarue, Great to see You post!
    I think i remember Stargate asking You what You were up to and You said You had returned to study? Apologies if i am wrong,Hope it is going well if i am right.!

I swear the more i learn,the more i realise how little i know!

Our own Newgrange in the Boyne Valley.

Stonehenge in the UK.

The links found between the Pyramids and ancient Astronomy.

The pictures scratched on walls of caves from millions of years ago seeming to indicate visitors from Alien worlds,...............................etc etc etc............

now these rocks!

It is all humbling and a 'monument' to the modern worlds arrogant believe that All the questions have been answered by maths.

Methinks most of the QUESTIONS hav'nt been thought of Yet!:)

Oh i hope Re-incarnation is possible,I would like to check in every 1000 Years or so to see where Humankind 'is at'!:)

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Hiya ynotdu
    Don't you ever sleep?
    I'm afraid Stargate has me mixed up with someone else as for the forseeable future, my studying days are over. I'm a working gal dreaming of winning the lotto and heading to a galaxy far far away! I love the connection between the past and astronomy though as it is something we can understand-it's almost tangible. Instead of looking at a pile of stones in a field, with the aid of astronomy we can understand why they were put there. It was a much more complex and symbolic act that loading up a pile of stones in a trailer and heading for the nearest hill. What I love most is the symbolism-the fact that with the passage tombs, this shaft of sunlight entered the chamber and brought back the life to those buried within it. You have to love that. There are lunar observatories aswell-in fact I think a lot of the stone circles in the south-west are built on lunar alignments. Observing the skies also marked the time of year-fundamental in a pre-industrial age when society depended on agriculture. If you ever get the chance, you should head over to a place called the Boheh Stone, southeast of Westport. There's a cup and ring marked stone there and twice a year (18th April and 21st August) the sun appears to roll down the side of Croagh Patrick (like a snowball rolling down a hill)-it's a natural phenomenon, but one noticed by our ancestors. The decorated stone marks the point from where it can be seen. Sounds like hokum but I've seen it with my own eyes and I swear, it was like time and the world stood still!!! Anyway, rant over-I'd better get back to work :D

Advertisement