Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary's mag?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a Mary's mag? (ie the school magazine for St. Mary's College Galway?) I'd be willing to pay for it or borrow it to copy it if possible. I'm only interested in the ones between 93 - 98.

Long shot...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Some of those are online...can't remember the website but honestly had a good laugh looking at them not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Was there from 91-96 and have/had a few of these. One or two might be useful to you.I'm not sure if they are still around but I'll have a look tonight and if i find them you can copy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I dont think that website had the Mary's mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

gaeilgegrinds1; any idea what the website was?
    Acidflash; I'd definately be interested in the ones from 93-96.

If I got them I'd post them online, besides St Mary's 100year birthday is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

We have one here, just fished it out! There were some schools from Galway on it but I can't remember the website, hopefully someone will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Found this site with some Pres, Bish and Taylors ones in it!!!

http://oldgalwaypics.co.uk/oldschoolmagazines.aspx

Found this site with some Pres, Bish and Taylors ones in it!!!

http://oldgalwaypics.co.uk/oldschoolmagazines.aspx

Nice find fluffy, shame its not Mary's tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Sniipe wrote: »
    Nice find fluffy, shame its not Mary's tho.

Sorry Sniipe, I had found the ones I posted before a few months ago and just went on a search for them and voila!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Best school mag ever was Endapendent from St Enda's in the late 80's. Then lad behind most of the artwork died tragically last year.

Fergus Coughlan RIP
    never forgotten

Acidflash, I'd like to take you up on your offer and copy the mags, I'll post them online in PDF format then.

I'll send you a PM now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dang!! Thought this was about a hard copy of a bus timetable with Justmary as the centrefold.

Acidflash - did you ever come across those mags? I have rekindled my search. No one I know seems to have one.

This site has a few, but not the years I'm looking for:
    http://www.stmaryscollege.ie/college-yearbooks/

I never actually managed to find them at the time unfortunately. There is someone in work at the minute who was there too around the same time, would have started in 95 I think. I'll check with him.

That would be great Acidflash, "IF" you manage to source one I could pick it up from you (assuming you are in Galway), scan it and then upload it for the greater public plus send it to St Mary's so they can add it to their collection. I reckon it would only take me an hour to scan the magazine so I'd have it back to you in no time.

The years I'm most keen on are: 93,94,95,96 (I believe it may not have existed for 96 and/or 97, 98)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

The years I'm most keen on are: 93,94,95,96 (I believe it may not have existed for 96 and/or 97, 98)

I'm fairly sure it did exist for 96 & 97. I had neighbours that went there, I'll ask them if they have any.

You could be right, but I think it was done by 4th year students. And our 4th year (97) didn't bother doing it I believe. I think it could have been something to do with the previous years entry (some guy who was on the magazine committee pulled out of it and the remainder slagged him a bit too much in the issue) or the fact that our year was too lazy.

Ah sure AOB :) You were in the same year as me. Do you remember anyone in our year doing it?

That would be great Acidflash, "IF" you manage to source one I could pick it up from you (assuming you are in Galway), scan it and then upload it for the greater public plus send it to St Mary's so they can add it to their collection. I reckon it would only take me an hour to scan the magazine so I'd have it back to you in no time.

If I get a copy you can take it to scan it alright.I'll know Monday either way

I got 93,94 and 95.

Cool, Acidflash, I will PM you

• Advertisement

Major thanks to Acidflash for providing me with the books. I have uploaded 1994 and 1995 here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3vOq6o4LFF9d2wxRjZxamNqTjA&usp=sharing

I'll be emailing them to Saint Mary's also. 1995 was missing some pages (13-16 and 65-68) due to a printing error. Does anyone have these?
    Also, does anyone have 1996?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Found a picture of a friend in these and passed them along, he was very grateful.

Very good. I got some pictures out of the mag for my year and posted them on facebook. The feedback was huge. It might be worth Saint Mary's college facebook to post all the pictures. I might get onto them... perhaps they don't do facebook...

Advertisement