Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic Tank - skeptical about solution

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Septic tank is full, got a quote for 250 to have it emptied... then the guy said, if you don't really care about the environment, i can have it done for about €120 where he will empty it and spray it on the fields... and he even said that he can come at a "discreet time" so the neighbors won't know... oh and of course, he said the latter was the illegal way.

would ya!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

Septic tank is full, got a quote for 250 to have it emptied... then the guy said, if you don't really care about the environment, i can have it done for about €120 where he will empty it and spray it on the fields... and he even said that he can come at a "discreet time" so the neighbors won't know... oh and of course, he said the latter was the illegal way.

would ya!?

No, no & no

Bulk human fecal matter needs to be disposed of safely. Don't put animals,land & humans at risk for the sake of €130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Sounds like it might "end up" on the fields wether 250 or 120. The extra 130 might just be buying you a warm feeling. Sounds a little dodgy tbh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

i know of a man that used to spread it on a field in my hometown, the field had spuds init which were used in the local chipshop. 130 is 130 letem spread away!!

Advertisement