Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Than Jake - UK tour

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

They've just announced a UK tour for November. There's also a few dates in Germany and Italy as well. No Irish date again though :(

Really disappointed because they haven't been here since 2006. But I'll be going to see them in Norwich, Birmingham and maybe Leeds regardless. I've set up a petition to get them to come to Ireland....not that it'll do any good but sure I've nothing to lose. If you'd go and see LTJ if they came here will you sign it please? :)

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/irelandluvsltj

Here's a list of the UK dates

4-Nov-10 UK OXFORD O2 ACADEMY

5-Nov-10 UK NORWICH UEA

6-Nov-10 UK BIRMINGHAM O2 ACADEMY

7-Nov-10 UK LEEDS O2 ACADEMY

8-Nov-10 UK LONDON HMV FORUM

9-Nov-10 UK CARDIFF MILLENIUM MUSIC HALL

10-Nov-10 UK BRISTOL O2 ACADEMY

12-Nov-10 UK PORTSMOUTH PYRAMIDS

13-Nov-10 UK NOTTINGHAM ROCK CITY

14-Nov-10 UK PETERBOROUGH THE CRESSET

16-Nov-10 UK MANCHESTER ACADEMY

17-Nov-10 UK NEWCASTLE O2 ACADEMY

18-Nov-10 UK EDINBURGH PICTURE HOUSE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They may come here. They rarely announce Irish dates at the same time as UK dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

But they've already announced their European dates at the same time as the UK ones. This is what happened in 08; they announced them all nearly at the same time and didn't include Ireland. I met them in Manchester and asked the singer why they didn't include an Irish date. He said he wasn't sure but he was pretty bummed about it because he liked playing here before. Meh, they could easily sell out the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm probably going to cave in and travel over to Nottingham. Rock City is supposed to be a good venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

But they've already announced their European dates at the same time as the UK ones. This is what happened in 08; they announced them all nearly at the same time and didn't include Ireland. I met them in Manchester and asked the singer why they didn't include an Irish date. He said he wasn't sure but he was pretty bummed about it because he liked playing here before. Meh, they could easily sell out the Academy.

Mudhoney have just announced some Irish dates here(yesterday). They announced UK ones at the weekend. Always notice bands leave Irish date a bit later. Hopefully they get over here.

Cool, well thanks for that info. Really hope they do announce something!! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

BUMP

would people mind joining the page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-Less-Than-Jake-in-Ireland/162245243802576?v=wall

Unfortunately they never added an Irish date but I'm really trying hard to get some people together now to make enough of an impact for the next tour!

Advertisement