Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

• 09-06-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Does anyony have UTV broadband in Letterkenny? Whats the service like?
    I'm in the process of getting set up with a 3mb connection from them, tho there telling me now that the line mightn't handle that, I might have to drop to 1mb.
    I'm guessing thats baloney tho cuz when I use the number they tell me is mine on the line checker on other providers sites I can get top line broadband, including NGB from eircom.
    UPC dont appear to be in this area so if anyone has any suggestions for a cheap, good, unlimited broadband provider in the area please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Being told your line can't handle 3MB may not be a lie, at the end of the day your using line checkers on other companys websites which say you can get upto 8MB.

So yes you can avail of a upto 8MB product but you may only get 1MB or whatever else your line is actually able to support. Each line is different so just because a friend or somebody else on UTV or Eircom or whoever else can get say 6MB doesn't mean you will.

To get an idea if UTV are telling you the truth or not post your line stats here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I know I will only recieve the max the line can handle, its the being told that the 3mb is too much to work that I'm calling nonsence.
    Theyre saying they'll drop me down to a 1mb connection to see if that works, but I doubt it. If I'm not getting anything for 3mb how would I get anything for less? The line will only carry what the line can. I could put 24mb down a line and only be getting 1mb at the end, but I'd still be getting something.
    I don't have any line stats now, as the DSL light isn't comming on on my router. I don't have a phone to test the line, but when I phone my number it rings out. Which is odd with no phone connected is it not?

Advertisement