Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another exam or wait help please :)

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im MCSA ,MCITP and Sec+ certified

I currently work on helpdesk level two in Cork. Im looking to move and am getting an interview a week which is great in the current financial times we live in.

However I enjoy doing exams and was wondering is there any exam I could do that would help my chances of getting a job?

Could I tie the current exams in with some . NET qualification something like the old MCAD?

Any help would be great
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Well MCAD has being retired for a while now. Easiest way to tie in development concepts with infrastructure certs.. well there isnt one. You could before but not anymore.

Best option would maybe be there MCTS SQL 2005 as this covers some development tasks as well as admin (which have been since seperated out in the MCTS SQL 2008 DBA & DBD certs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GajahMada

70-432 SQL Server 2008 For DBA
    70-433 SQL Server 2008 gear toward .Net Dev, I think you need 70-536 first.
    I recently passed 70-448 SQL Server BI. Not sure about job prospect in this area. Most required experience.

You dont need 70-536 to take 70-433.. different scope of exams and requirements.

Ginger wrote: »
    You dont need 70-536 to take 70-433.. different scope of exams and requirements.

Thanks for correction as I am just beginner.
    what exam to take if I am just learning .net? is it 70-536?

If its on .NET 2.0 or 3.5 you need 70-536 for any other MCTS certifications. You only need to pass it once and it can be used for all the rest.

THere is no such requirement on .NET 4

• Advertisement

Thanks. Certainly .Net 4 worth taking a look

Advertisement