Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Self Instal Discount

• 09-06-2010 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, when I was signing up for UPC Broadband and Phone last week, I selected the self instal option, which surprisingly went to plan, I had to get a 10 metre cable in Homebase (€7.69) so I could locate the modem where the previous Eircom one was upstairs as there were a lot of Ethernet cables running here and there that I didn't want to touch. Again, no problems here, 15 meg package getting up to 18 in speed tests, phone working grand, just waiting on the number to port from Eircom. So all in all I'm a happy camper.

When signing up online you get a €20 discount which cancels out the activation fee, but it says that if you self instal, you'll qualify for further discount. I got my bill today and don't see any mention of discount for self instal. Has anyone done the same and actually got extra discount and if so how much was it for? I rang Customer Support who tried to fob me off that the online ordering discount was the same thing, I told them it wasn't and they told me to contact online sales which I have done am awaiting a reply, but it would be interesting to see if someone else was in the same boat, thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement