Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Dublin -10th -13th June

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Actually just posted this in Bargain Alerts! There is an amount of free grub, along with small platters of food which is about 5-7 euro. Great setting and great athmosphere to the whole weekend, especially if its sunny!
    PIGSBACK seems to be a working code if your buying tickets.
    Also I found a comp for free tickets this morning on FB.
    Id recommend it overall for something to do this weekend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It's a great event, lots of fun, a nice atmosphere and a lovely way to spend a day getting slowly sozzled and eating nice grub. It works out quite expensive though as while you can sample little nibbles etc, you do have to pay for wine or for a small sample platter so you'll find yourself spending more than you thought you might. Definitely worth going though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's expensive for what it is but usually enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Total rip-off it you don't already have a free-entry pass. Some workplaces get free tickets, but they usually end up with senior staff or marketing/promotional types.

The food isn't free. But hopefully for anyone attending there'll be more free samples than last year's pittance.

I see they're still doing that "florins" currency nonsense.
    http://www.tasteofdublin.ie/newsite/what-are-florins
    Reminds me of Itchy & Scratchy Land money: "it's money that's made just for the park. It works just like regular money, but it's, er..."fun"."

With a good crowd can still be enjoyable. But probably better value to have a proper meal in the best Dublin restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I did TOD last nigt, while there was a good buzz around the places there are some people stuck up their holes at it, "Oh My God! they are serving fois grais on a paper plate!" plenty of smug looking daddies pushing buggies wearing their look how fertile I am faces too

€28.50 in, everything is about €6-8 food wise. Pints €4-5, cocktails €8-10

As the previous poster said they are using that stupid florins money, another pain in the ass when paying for stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I was going to go, but the price put me off. A mate of mine went last year and said it was really good, but he got free tickets. Makes a big difference.

Oh and lol at this..
    Nuttzz wrote:
    I did TOD last nigt, while there was a good buzz around the places there are some people stuck up their holes at it, "Oh My God! they are serving fois grais on a paper plate!" plenty of smug looking daddies pushing buggies wearing their look how fertile I am faces too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

This event has to be the biggest rip-off ever. 28 euro in, then pay as you go with these paper "florins" (1 florin = 1 euro). the idea of the florins is that the organisers aren't happy with the massive entry fee and the big rents for exhibitors, they also want to claw back 20% of the turnover from the exhibitors.

Oh, and you can't cash in unused "florins".

What do you get for the entry fee then, other than over-priced food? Nothing, actually, unless slipping and sliding in the mud is your idea of a fun day out.

This has got to be one of the worst-value events on the calender. I know where I won't be next year!

We are the mugs of Europe; this event wouldn't even get off the ground anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Oh, and you can't cash in unused "florins".

I completely agree I with you there East West!

For this reason alone I wouldn't go back. :mad:

That and the prices!!! :(

One stall was selling pints of Guiness for €5 Florin (5 euro).
    Five euro for a pint of Guiness in a plastic glass?!?!? :eek:
    Maybe at a festival but at a day long event in the heart of the city.

I had a good day, but that was down to the company I was with.

Good news is, I'll have €28 extra in June 2011's wage packet :P

Oh and when I left I was starving!!!!

Did the signs inside not say 12:00 - 17:00 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was going to go to this, glad I didn't now. Disgraceful that you have to purchase tokens and don't get a refund for the unused ones. For the price of the entry fee and extras, you can have a nice sit down 3 course meal somewhere where you are not scrambling for food at a stall like piglets at a tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement