Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED HELP DECIDING NAME FOR MY NEW BUSINESS

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

HI ALL, IM PLANNING ON OPENING UP A GARAGE FOR FIXING CARS IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS. AS I WOULD LIKE TO CONCENTRATE ON THE SERVICING END OF THE MARKET(ALTHOUGH I NO I WILL HAVE TO CARRY OUT ALL ASPECTS OF MECHANICAL REPAIRS-INCLUDING DIAGNOSTICS) I WAS THINKING OF THE NAME "TYRRELL'S SERVICE CENTRE", HOWEVER I WAS ALSO THINKING OF SOMETHING LIKE "TYRRELL'S AUTO REPAIRS", OR EVEN "TYRRELLS GARAGE". COULD I PLAESE GET THE OPINIONS/SUGGESTIONS FROM SOME PEOPLE TO HELP ME DECIDE.

THANKS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont shout! Where is the business location?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 THOMAS TYRRELL

drogheda..

Is the actual location within Drogeda well known? If its say on a trading estate or well known street then I'd name the business after it. Most people will know the name already and know where to go without having to consult a directory or go online (assuming you are fully listed in Golden Pages etc).

its in a very small industrial estate in an area of drogheda called mell. I had toyed with ideas such as mell motors/ mell auto repairs, but i just dont think it rolls off the tounge very well??

"Mell Motor Services" location and product in 3 words.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

"WRECK-A-MEND"

yea mell motor services actually has an nice ring to it, I think it might be worth going onto one of them free survey sites and putting a couple of names up and seeing what sort of responses i get??

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Personally I think the free survey sites are wasting your time, very few Irish people hang out in them and do you really care what will work well in India.

My feeling is that putting your name on the door is very same same and won't make you stand out, likewise Mell motor services sounds like your name is Mell. Try to convey you USP in the name or some sort of value add - Like "Fast-fit" is a name that conveys the speed of their service.

Advertisement