Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2010 Megathread

Options
  • 09-06-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Well E3 is starting this Sunday, so I thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss the conferences and announcements,make predictions etc...

First of here's the different times of the conferences and what time they'll be on at over here.

Sunday June 13

Natal: 12:00am GMT

Monday June 14

Microsoft: 6:30pm GMT

EA: 10pm GMT

Ubisoft: 1am GMT

Valve: 3am GMT Cancelled

Tuesday June 15

Nintendo: 5pm GMT

Sony: 7:30pm GMT

Stage Show: 10pm GMT

Wednesday June 16

Stage Show: 6:00pm GMT

Thursday June 17

Stage Show: 6:00pm GMT

E3 2010 Predictions

IGN Predictions
    Glimpse Dog Predictions
    GameSpot Predictions

Watch Press Conferences Live

Microsoft Press Conference
    Sony Press Conference
    Nintendo Press Conference
    Ubisoft Press Conference
    EA Press Conference

I'll also be liveblogging the conferences on my own site, glimpsedog.com , for people who might not have access to sound or video at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

You know that this is the first time I'v been able to see the Times and Dates for all the conferences, thanks mate!

Also can't wait to watch the conferecnes live.

Kind of bummed that the valve on is on so late, Dont' think I will be bothered staying up. Hoping theres going be something amazing that will just blow the socks off of everyone! Something new and amazing... maybe the Vitality sensor.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Cheers OP!

I for one am hoping for news of a new Half Life either E3 or HL3. Not going to hold my breath though.
    So what's everyone hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

wyrn wrote: »
    Cheers OP!

I for one am hoping for news of a new Half Life either E3 or HL3. Not going to hold my breath though.
    So what's everyone hoping for?

Valve have said their 'suprise' isn't going to be HL2 : Ep3. I'm guessing it'll be HL3 along with a new source engine. If it isn't Portal 2 or Ep3, I don't think there's much else they would need such a large conference for. I can't see a new Team Fortress game or Left 4 Dead game coming out so soon, so there isn't a whole lot else it could be.

Personally, apart from the games I listed in my predicitions, I'd love one or two proper games from Rare(Perfect Dark 2, Conkers BFD 2, KI 3....anything that isn't a crappy avatar based social game) and maybe a teaser for Mass Effect 3; some sweet comebacks from Nintendo apart from Zelda and Pikmin 3 ( Eternal Darkness 2, a new starfox or f-zero game, another super smash brothers maybe). On the Sony side of things, I hope we get a teaser for Uncharted 3 or Heavy Rain 2, they're both amazing series. I was never mad into pc gaming, but I'd like to see more of Star Wars : The old republic and of course, whatever Valve has up their sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Valve's "Surprise" is apparently the new game from the 'Defence of the Ancients' guy.

Of course, if they do release another game that isn't Episode 3 or Half-Life 3 then lots of pain shall have to be inflicted upon Gabe. There's also the small possibility that the entire internet could collapse upon itself with calls for blood and cries of omgwtfbbqgiefep3nao!

3am, tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BulktoHulk wrote:
    (snip)
    I read your post, and all I saw were sequels.

It made me sad. :(

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'm afraid most sites are predicting the same. This E3 is going to be big in two areas : motion sensing gaming (Natal and Move) and sequels galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Hard to get excited about new games if we don't really know about them though. While a lot of what I'm looking forward to are sequels (Come on Devil May Cry 5: The adventures of Vergil) but I'm also hoping to be blown away by new games we haven't heard of or seen too much about yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So i hear that the Natal confrence is gonna be Major Nelson and that guy who always wears sun glasses playing Natal while the Cirque du soleil dance all around them and Jesus does a jig on a pedestal. Wha?

Anywho, lots to look forward to this year, just wish all this Move and Natal crap would cease to exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

natal and move can go f**k themselves. if killer instinct 3 is on natal then sum1 deserves to die (preferably by an ultra combo)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So i hear that the Natal confrence is gonna be Major Nelson and that guy who always wears sun glasses playing Natal while the Cirque du soleil dance all around them and Jesus does a jig on a pedestal. Wha?

I'm very glad there's a separate Natal conference. If the whole show is dominated by Sony and Microsoft showing off motion controllers, I'll be pissed off. Natal is interesting, but the Move can go have intercourse with itself. If there's more on that than the Last Guardian and LBP2 (which is where Sony's priorities should be), it'll be irritating. Natal having it's own conference at least will clear up the main MS show for some game announcements and the likes (plus probably stuff like Hulu integration).

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    natal and move can go f**k themselves. if killer instinct 3 is on natal then sum1 deserves to die (preferably by an ultra combo)

Rare sold out man, they sold out! :mad:

I've been hearing that it might not even be KI3 Natal, but an avatar based social networking game which uses Natal. Oh dear lord....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Come on Battlefield 3! And not a version that has been crippled for consoles...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

seyeM wrote: »
    I'd kill for Battlefield 3. Bad Company 2 was brilliant, but it still didnt manage to capture the feel of Battlefield 2 for me. Would be fantastic to see a new one, with the engine of BC2.

I'm not all that psyched for E3 this year for some reason. There are a few things that i look forward to seeing (Rock Band 3, ), and a few things that i really hope to see like Half Life/Valve's new game, new Zelda, something on Mass Effect 3 maybe? Long shot i know, but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I am pretty much just gonna be glued to any announcement from THQ, they are meant to unveil their Warhammer 40k MMO at E3......heres hoping its like the leaked conference call rundown indicated and not ****.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd kill for Battlefield 3. Bad Company 2 was brilliant, but it still didnt manage to capture the feel of Battlefield 2 for me. Would be fantastic to see a new one, with the engine of BC2.

I'm not all that psyched for E3 this year for some reason. There are a few things that i look forward to seeing (Rock Band 3, ), and a few things that i really hope to see like Half Life/Valve's new game, new Zelda, something on Mass Effect 3 maybe? Long shot i know, but here's hoping.

This is supposed to be the biggest E3 years and I really can't wait. You've got to remember, they're only the games we know about already that will be shown. There's still all the suprise announcements, the 3DS etc.... I've got my eyes pinned on Nintendo this year but it seems like it's going to be an amazing show for all three of the big guns. Latest rumours indicate that Sony is going to have a device which allows 3D gaming on non-3D televisions. Not sure if that's even possible, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    Latest rumours indicate that Sony is going to have a device which allows 3D gaming on non-3D televisions. Not sure if that's even possible, but we'll see.

Would be nice, but its really doubtful. It would really cut into Sony's sales of new 3D TVs.

The valve conference has been cancelled. :'( I'll scratch it off the original post.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/113-valves-cancels-e3-press-conference.html

The valve conference has been cancelled. :'( I'll scratch it off the original post.

They are taking the piss at this stage. I love Valve, i really do, but they really need to give us some indication of whats happening. Its been over 2 years since Episode 2 1/2 for **** sake. The whole point of episodic gaming is to release them quicker.

Bah :mad:

They are taking the piss at this stage. I love Valve, i really do, but they really need to give us some indication of whats happening. Its been over 2 years since Episode 2 1/2 for **** sake. The whole point of episodic gaming is to release them quicker.

Bah :mad:

Yeh it's not really episodic if the gap between the episodes is longer than most waits between full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Do u know if anyone will be recording/upping the conferences for download? like GameTrailers or something? I had great trouble finding it last year.

Honestly I only care about Nintendo confirming a New Zelda; hopefully released in November. As much as I love Mario; i got my 'fix' last christmas with NSMBWii (so I could've done without SMG2 for another year) and I really want a new Zelda!!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Do u know if anyone will be recording/upping the conferences for download? like GameTrailers or something? I had great trouble finding it last year.

Honestly I only care about Nintendo confirming a New Zelda; hopefully released in November. As much as I love Mario; i got my 'fix' last christmas with NSMBWii (so I could've done without SMG2 for another year) and I really want a new Zelda!!

I'm gonna fraps 'em and upload them to my site but that might take a little while. I think gamespot will have them on demand around an hour after they've finished airing. xbox.com will have the highlights on their site too.

I'm pretty sure i watched most of it last year on various site like Gametrailers and IGN. Are they not doing it again this year?

I'm pretty sure i watched most of it last year on various site like Gametrailers and IGN. Are they not doing it again this year?

Gamespot and IGN will have it live. I'm not sure about gametrailers, although they're sure to have the highlights and trailers up sharpish. It really won't be hard to find videos of the events, they'll be plastered all over the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

seyeM wrote: »

I'd love to see it PC only but its never gonna happen, far too much money to be made from consoles these days. Anyway I reckon Battlefield 3 is a good bit off yet, EA will be pimping the Medal of Honor reboot big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm gonna fraps 'em and upload them to my site but that might take a little while. I think gamespot will have them on demand around an hour after they've finished airing. xbox.com will have the highlights on their site too.

are gamespot free? (well, will their coverage be free?)

I thought GameTrailers had exclusivity for the Xbox conference :confused:

Guys if you find download links to the press conferences can you please post them here? I must be useless because i had to resort to torrents last year; took ages and ****e quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bawn

No mention of Bethesda on your list.

I personally am looking forward to Rage by id software.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    are gamespot free? (well, will their coverage be free?)

I thought GameTrailers had exclusivity for the Xbox conference :confused:

Guys if you find download links to the press conferences can you please post them here? I must be useless because i had to resort to torrents last year; took ages and ****e quality!!

There's links in my original post to the gamespot coverage, and yep it'll be free.

Bawn wrote: »
    No mention of Bethesda on your list.

I personally am looking forward to Rage by id software.

That's because I hate Bethesda, Bioware ftw. :p Seriously though, my third party predictions were a little lacklustre as it was a while ago when I made the article and I really had no idea what to expect 3rd party wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

To me this just looks like it refers to the previously announced cancellation of Portal 2 news. They specifically said a surprise was replacing it.. so I'm expecting that to still go ahead. Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

To me this just looks like it refers to the previously announced cancellation of Portal 2 news. They specifically said a surprise was replacing it.. so I'm expecting that to still go ahead. Or am I missing something?

I dunno it seems most media are running the story as an actual cancellation, not another PR stunt.

Advertisement