Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2010 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The cake is a lie! (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

To me this just looks like it refers to the previously announced cancellation of Portal 2 news. They specifically said a surprise was replacing it.. so I'm expecting that to still go ahead. Or am I missing something?

No mate there was two cancellations. The first for the Portal 2 showcase. The second one was for Valve's conference altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

^^

Fair enough, sounds like bad news then.

It's very poor form I reckon, their fans are literally frothing at the mouth for some news, this is really taking the piss, we deserve a solid explanation. Did I read something about a staff member leaving, key showcase person or something.

Making people jump through hoops solving puzzles etc. and then cancelling the promised reward? That's pretty lame.

EDIT:

Ah, I reckon there is still scope for them to do something interesting, and we may get the surprise yet.
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1489/80721081.jpg

^^

Fair enough, sounds like bad news then.

It's very poor form I reckon, their fans are literally frothing at the mouth for some news, this is really taking the piss, we deserve a solid explanation. Did I read something about a staff member leaving, key showcase person or something.

Making people jump through hoops solving puzzles etc. and then cancelling the promised reward? That's pretty lame.

EDIT:

Ah, I reckon there is still scope for them to do something interesting, and we may get the surprise yet.
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1489/80721081.jpg

Oh yeah,they'll still be at E3, just won't be having a conference. They'll be on the floor alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

anywhere to watch the natal conference right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i was gonna ask the same thing! If i find a link i'll post it

According to http://live.ubergizmo.com/ it says the natal conference is on at 7pm PT; which is 2 1/2 hours from now (3am GMT)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like Natal is now called Kinect, and the 360 is getting a redesign (slimmer, built-in WiFi) ....

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179817

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone else streaming the conferences other than gamespot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think IGN will be doing live text feeds but no vids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought it didnt start till tomorrow?

microsoft keynote is today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think GameTrailers will be streaming too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well 'Kinect' conference sounded like a bit of a dud alright (bar the promise of the Star Wars game the Wii never delivered), hopefully it will clear the way for proper news and surprises at the main MS conference this evening.

Well 'Kinect' conference sounded like a bit of a dud alright (bar the promise of the Star Wars game the Wii never delivered), hopefully it will clear the way for proper news and surprises at the main MS conference this evening.

It was like a mixture between a stoner's dream with aliens and a KKK meeting with weird animals....on acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    It was like a mixture between a stoner's dream with aliens and a KKK meeting with weird animals....on acid.

Pretty much what you get with Cirque de Soliel.

I think Kinect is a better name than Natal. It's definitely not as garish or 'friendly casual' as Wave. Although i think Wave would be the best of the three in terms of what they're trying to do -- aren't they going after the casual market? Much like the Wii and 'move'; 'wave' is a real casual name.

Looking forward to the MS conference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

LIVE STREAM OF E3 MICROSOFT ON http://www.gamestop.ie/ NOW IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

LIVE STREAM OF E3 MICROSOFT ON http://www.gamestop.ie/ NOW IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED

Caps lock makes baby Jesus cry.

Very poor presentation. Looks like they might come third behind Sony and Nintendo this year.

Mr E wrote: »
    Caps lock makes baby Jesus cry.

Very poor presentation. Looks like they might come third behind Sony and Nintendo this year.

Don't know about that. Sony cleared out the good games already. Their Stats and promoing the move will take up alot of time.

Ninty will win E3 though. 3DS reveal and a new Zelda hopefully.

I think it's gonna be a poor E3 overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How can you possibly make that assertion when the other 2 haven't even started yet? :confused:

I like some of Sony's output, but they're a bigger meme machine than MS & Ninty combined!

I'm pretty sure this is Nintendo's year. Most of the Micrsoft/Sont announcements have been outed beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is Nintendo's year. Most of the Sony announcements have been outed beforehand.
    That we know of.I think theyre up to something

If Nintendo have a new Zelda then its a win in my books, MS were far too dependant on kinetic to generate a storm and im decidedly underhwlemed so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

to be honest natal doesnt really interest me for my 360!

i use the 360 as a serious console i think they are out to screw us for more cash with this!

what are the advantages like?

what can it do to justify the 150 euro pricetag a manager in game told me its gonna cost?:confused:

"Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light has been confirmed as a Summer of Arcade game." via Daemon Hatfields twitter.

Wonder if that will mean it will be a 360 exclusive. I'm under the impression Summer of Arcade games are 360 exclusive/timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Criterion making Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Bitchin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So, redesigned 360, ok.

But EXACT same price/HDD/features as the PS3 Slim? Not feeling that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone watching the live EA show that started at 9. Dead Space 2 and the new Medal of Honour look class.

Advertisement