Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2010 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jedi girl just threw a force hadoken!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, me and my friend say Ryu should start looking for royalties for that move.

Overall, was a nice show, DS2 looked very smexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

EA Conference > Microsoft Conference and I'm pretty close to being an xbox fanboy usually.

Not really a gaming fan as such and haven't really paid much interest in E3, but i was wondering what ye guys reckon of Grand Theft Atuo 5 getting a mention?

Have Rockstar got a presence at the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Not really a gaming fan as such and haven't really paid much interest in E3, but i was wondering what ye guys reckon of Grand Theft Atuo 5 getting a mention?

Have Rockstar got a presence at the event?

Zero presence. They were gonna show Max Payne 3 but pulled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just been watching some the natal/kinect footage, whats the difference (besides graphiclly and handsfree) between that and the wii?

just been watching some the natal/kinect footage, whats the difference (besides graphiclly and handsfree) between that and the wii?

Voice Recognition.

sounds very gimmicky, then i thought that about the wii too

sounds very gimmicky, then i thought that about the wii too

You won't like the PS Move then either. It's much closer to the Wii user interface.

i'll stick with pc gaming so :)

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Zero presence. They were gonna show Max Payne 3 but pulled out.

Ah, that's a shame. Doesn't seem like Rockstar. They usually love the spotlight :(

Well here's hoping for something on GTA V in the coming weeks or months.

Cheers Rizzla.

Ah, that's a shame. Doesn't seem like Rockstar. They usually love the spotlight :(

Well here's hoping for something on GTA V in the coming weeks or months.

Cheers Rizzla.

Actually listening to last weeks Oddcast they talk about how Rockstar don't like these big events and prefer to announce and release games on their own terms.

They had a presence at last years E3 though, nothing to show. But people could just turn up to their section sit down, have a drink and just chill with the devs. According to the Oddcast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If someone finds a link to a downloadable version of MS's conference (or EA's, Ubisoft's for that matter) please post it in the link.

BTW i had much more success with watching it on GT than any other site. Had friends over so I couldn't really watch it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

http://ie.e3.ign.com/2010/live/
    Ubisoft underway with the new game from Rezs creator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was there / will there be anything on Rage? Is it still coming out this year?

Was one of the few things I saw earlier in the year that caught my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Is anyone watching the Ubisoft presentation?

Have they gone a bit mental!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't believe how bad it is. What's with that laser tag game, back to the '80s or '90s like those blue Sega lockon guns with the visor.

they've seen Ninty's profit margin, and they want in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

All aboard the bandwagon! Seriously, so far it's just been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

So genuinely nothing from Valve :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

so far has been a very weak showing nothing really good coming out. Though i have noticed Peter Molenueyx has been quieter of late and with Fable III coming out it seems to be very out of character for him to be so quiet....

I know he was at the MS conferance yesterday but not his same level of exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, when he came out on stage I expected to see Fable 3 running with the Kinect in tandem with the 360 controller (like all proper Kinect games should be), but all we got was a trailer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

At least he's managed to stop the verbal diariahia *liquid dookie* but saying that it gives me hope that this one will be great that he's not building it up

If MS (and Sony) want their motion controllers to not be a joke, they're gonna have to bring out harcore must-have games. Like Fable III being Kinect only (i.e. a reason to buy the peripheral) along with other big title games

--personally i hope they don't do that because Kinect looks terribly casual, and I don't want to pay for one/play games like that--

But it looks like they're only interested in Shovelware so.....woah......

For the guys that were here/on the net back in 2006, what was the reaction to the Wii's motion controls? Was everyone interested? Or was it the same downbeat PoV that we're seeing for Kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bawn

calex71 wrote: »
    Was there / will there be anything on Rage? Is it still coming out this year?

Was one of the few things I saw earlier in the year that caught my interest.

G4 will be streaming something on RAGE tomorrow at 2:30pm (PST)

Gametrailers on Thursday at 3pm (PST)

This IGN link http://ie.e3.ign.com/2010/live/ has them in for 5pm on Thursday. (again...I assume all times are PST)

Anyone know if there will be anything on RAGE today? Surely it's being demoed in the Bethesda booth. Someones gonna post something right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So far games wise Im not really impressed with this year line up.

Crysis 2 - looked awesome and will be a release day buy for me.

SW:ToR - want it now :)

Gear's of War 3 - looks good and again probably a instant buy.

Halo Reach - looks very meh, just more of the same and looking very long in the tooth gameplay wise.

Bulletstorm - could be interesting but deffo waiting on reviews for that one.

Metal Gear whatever - will be keeping an eye on this one.

Deadspace 2 - as above.

Nothing has really wowed me so far tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Really looking forward to Nintendo Conference now. Starting in 30 minutes, but they're holding a nice little trivia quiz for us at the moment. It's quite fun and all the journos are getting quite competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

New Zelda.... Bit Cel Shaded!!! Ye cause that went down well before........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Epic Mickey? Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Epic Mickey was announced October of last year, do try to keep up.
    New Zelda.... Bit Cel Shaded!!! Ye cause that went down well before........
    I personally prefer Wind Waker to all other 3D Zelda games.

Advertisement