Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2010 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

rizzla wrote: »
    So what about that Move eh? Showed me nothing new that the Wii motion plus hasn't already done.

They showed it working !!

Sony hands down won, Microsoft was embarrassing and Nintendo's was a mix of a game that doesn't work & a console we couldn't see playing and Golden eye about 11 years to late. Sony had solid games the Move controller unlike the Wii worked and Kevin Butler. Steam for PS3 big announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No PS2 HD remakes that I cared about so boo.

I have never even heard of the Sly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

noodler wrote: »
    I have never even heard of the Sly games.
    Youre sick!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What type of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sony hands down won, Microsoft was embarrassing and Nintendo's was a mix of a game that doesn't work & a console we couldn't see playing and Golden eye about 11 years to late. Sony had solid games the Move controller unlike the Wii worked and Kevin Butler. Steam for PS3 big announcement.

Well, the Wii motion plus is out and proven to work. Just because it didn't work on stage, doesn't mean anything. The interference excuse was probably genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Am I the only one who thinks the new Goldeneye looks utter ****e?

Dated graphics for a 2010 FPS, dated gameplay and why the hell replace the actor from the movie with the new bond?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What type of game?
    MIx between platforming and stealth and really really fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Goldeneye was such an epic game.....ahh...

But this rehash basically looks very similar :D Seriously N64 -> Wii isn't all that big a jump ... oh and Daniel Craig is a prick, end of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

rizzla wrote: »
    Well, the Wii motion plus is out and proven to work. Just because it didn't work on stage, doesn't mean anything. The interference excuse was probably genuine.

They had the same problems showing off wii sports resort apparently, so it really was the interference.

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft. In order of best to worst e3 conference, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm amazed to see you say that to be honest.

Nintendo had new Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Goleneye and Epic Mickey for the Wii. Plus the new 3DS with a slew of games which, according to reports on the floor are great and also include remakes of some awesome games such as Ocarina Of Time and MGS3.

Sony had KZ3, Infamous 2, LBP2, Twisted Metal and a bunch of Move stuff.

MS had Halo Reach, Gears 3, MGS: Rising, a new console and a bunch of Kinect stuff.

From that list alone, Nintendo win it outright. When it comes to second, I'd consider it an extremely close finish between the other two.

As for Valve's announcement, to be honest I'm extremely disappointed in Newell. He was quite clearly there for the money (probably not him personally but there was certainly some corporate shenanigans) as anyone who follows the Valve/Sony saga will know and while I have no issues with Portal 2 coming to the PS3 (who the hell would in fairness) I was just hoping for a little more integrity from the big guy. :o

Finally, the Steam issue is still up in the air. As clarified by Kotaku, Steamworks is what Portal is shipping with. As for full Steam integration, I find it quite hard to be believe they're doing it or, to be more precise, why they're doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What exactly does Steam on PS3 entail?

Basically its just SteamWorks as far as I can tell.
    well for PS3 owners its big because Gabe said they wouldn't spend resources on that platform.

Valve cancelled their keynote so i assume their announcements hit a snag and they couldn't show anything.

Rumour has it that Portal 2 has been delayed due to the PS3 version. MEH!

Valve really overplayed this "surprise".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

E3 in summary for me:

1. I like Nintendo again. Playing Mario Galaxy 2 at the moment also helps, but they have worthwhile new hardware and games in the pipeline.

2. I'm so so about the other big two. There are plenty of games I'm interested in on both, but the obsession with Move and Kinetic is disappointing.

3. Only a handful of all new announcements: Kid Icarus and most of the 3DS games sound great, Child of Eden should be a psychedelic blast.

4. I can't wait for the cake to be a lie again, but I knew that already.

5. Dead Space 2, LittleBigPlanet 2 etc... still look and sound great.

6. Wii Sports rip offs are everything that is wrong with motion controllers.

7. Where are Team Ico *shakes fist at Sony*

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Portal 2 in 2011? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am watching the e3 projct natal conference, on gametrailers.... it says its life.... wtf?....

i have to say i found it so......... idiotic! It just looked so... IDIOTIC! they just went over the top with all those savages.... and that family playing games was just so creepy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was hoping for news of Z.O.E 3 , guess I'll be waiting another year for Kojima to pull the finger out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Am i the only person who thinks that Zelda and all the other nintendo ilk are past it? Nintendo wouldn't know a new IP if it slapped em across the face.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MS was a poor cconference from me. Halo Reach looked yawn inducing until the space battles which looked like fun. Kinetic I couldn't care about.

Playstation gave an alright presentation. The most interesting for me was Sly Cooper HD though. Killzone 2 was very pretty but I sick of CoD clones. Also no last gaurdian. PS Move can **** off as well. Not much shown for the PSP but what was shown was impressive.

Nintendo ran away withit for me. Some excellent Wii games coming. Anew Zelda, Kirby looks great, Donkey Kong looks even better. Great games coming to the DS as well. 3DS stole the show for me, the graphical capabilities really impressed me and some great games shown for it, in particular Kid Icarus looks amazing.

Some good third party and multiplatform games shown. Metal Gear Rising looks like it could be an excellent Ninja Gaiden clone, Rayman looks great, very interested in project dust and game of the show for me... Children of Eden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I must say i am a big fan of the Zelda series so i can't say id like to see it put to bed.. I do agree Nintendo milk the bejesus out of their well known faces but with the high level being met with each new Zelda game i would be extremely disappointed to know id never play another new Zelda game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, i'd guarantee that the new Zelda and Metroid get >9/10, as did SMG2, and Kid Icarus & DK might get over 9/10 (no proven track record).

Ninty go all out on their first party titles; it's what they do best. Thank Goodness we have the PS360 for the other 48 weeks/year! (i.e. the time we don't play with our Wiis)

All i expected from Ninty was Zelda and Metroid, so to hear there's two more games I'm gonna play, and the 3DS sounds fantastic (with all the developers behind it; holy ****) so hands down best conference.

Maybe it's a preference of games, but I thought Sony was easily 2nd place; mostly due to the terrible Kinect shovelware Microsoft hocked for 90 minutes. Nothing I want to play on the 360 besides Gears 3, but Sony had a couple games I'd be interested in.

No core games (ie only available; must-have hardcore games) announced for the Move/Kinect; or am I wrong?

Yeah and hey Microsoft... Hands up if u don't care about Halo anymore!! (u cant see me but i assure u my hand is up) With COD firmly in control of the online shooter space, theres no real need to play Halo anymore, specially with its substantially outdated campaign mode... Halo 2 and 3 were pretty much online shooters with some sort of one player mode attached or something like that.. Something to keep u occupied whilst suffering connection problems i guess! But hey, come on, ya had a good run, just let it die...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    3DS stole the show for me, the graphical capabilities really impressed me and some great games shown for it, in particular Kid Icarus looks amazing.

In a world where the PSP has existed for 5 years at this point, I haven't seen anything, graphically, impressive from the 3DS yet.

Fnz wrote: »
    In a world where the PSP has existed for 5 years at this point, I haven't seen anything, graphically, impressive from the 3DS yet.
    Wow the PSP has been around for 5 whole years without anyone giving a **** about it... Amazing!

One thing to remember about the MS conference was that it was live on Spike, getting into potential casual families homes was a big plus for MS and they wanted to appeal to the Wii owners market. But in doing so forgot about it's core audience.

Also, Their Natal Experience show is getting aired on MTV. Their the only ones out of the 3 to be getting their stuff into people's homes, through the tv. It probably will pay off, they want the people they haven't got yet and don't mind stepping on the people they already have's feet to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They're gonna have fun convincing lots of families to pay for a NatalKinetic AND a 360.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They're gonna have fun convincing lots of families to pay for a NatalKinetic AND a 360.

They'll have the bundle out before Chirstmas. With a huge marketing campaign and being featured on tv, they might just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well it looks like I'm gonig to be able to save a lot of money over the next year because there's really f*ck all there that I'm even remotely interested in. Maybe I'll read a book or two, or even go outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I think Sony is going to have just as much fun selling a PS3 and all the associated Move parts to families, since there was pretty much f all in the Move lineup I could give a damn about.

MS have the advantage of the Kinetic being cheap, just the one off €100 or so payment and up to 4 players can use. To get 4 Move players will push close to €250/€300 (with the main remote at about €50, sub at €25, plus the camera if you dont have it), roughly the same to outfit 4 Wiimotes and 4 nunchucks.

Still have no idea why MS didnt show Fabler 3 with Kinetic support, could have saved a LOT of face if they showed how it can be integrated into a normal controller using game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Fnz wrote: »

Strangely enough, most gamers would prefer actual gameplay ability and fun over graphical quality, especially when it comes to handhelds. The Psp is an incredibly boring handheld compared to what the DS/DSi and now the 3DS have to offer.

Holy Crap I just saw gameplay footage of Gears of War 3's beast mode and it looks amazing.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14304771/gears-of-war-3/videos/e310_gears3_gmp02_multi_061510.html

Think Horde mode but you get to play as the Locust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement