Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying new guitar, need advice

• 09-06-2010 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Ola,

I'm thinking of buying a new guitar, I have a Peavey semi-acoustic guitar which is actually quite good and an acoustic G-Series Takamine guitar which I love, but I need another semi-acoustic guitar for performing because I mess around in different tunings a lot and I hate tuning up and down between songs... I've found this one, it looks pretty good and is good enough value, I think, but I don't want to splash out on an average enough guitar, I want a good one... Can anyone give me some feedback on this please?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/10028-takamine-eg260c-wr-wine-red-.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

At that price, I'd say IMO its another average or even poor guitar you'd be getting.
    For a 'good' one I'd be definitely looking at spending £300 at a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Gaspode wrote: »
    At that price, I'd say IMO its another average or even poor guitar you'd be getting.
    For a 'good' one I'd be definitely looking at spending £300 at a minimum.

To be honest, Takamine is really good even with their budget range. Action is perfect out of the box, setup with D'Addarrio EXP16 (Phospher Bronze) strings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

he said semi acoustic? like...

1985%20es335.jpg

he's already got a takamine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Ola,

I'm thinking of buying a new guitar, I have a Peavey semi-acoustic guitar which is actually quite good and an acoustic G-Series Takamine guitar which I love, but I need another semi-acoustic guitar for performing because I mess around in different tunings a lot and I hate tuning up and down between songs... I've found this one, it looks pretty good and is good enough value, I think, but I don't want to splash out on an average enough guitar, I want a good one... Can anyone give me some feedback on this please?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/10028-takamine-eg260c-wr-wine-red-.html

That guitar looks like it doesnt have a solid top on it. Makes a big difference to the guitar. Itll be a well made machine but it'll probably have that boxy plywood sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

sorry you mean electro acoustic,gotcha!

why not just put a pickup in the takamine you have?

headway make great pickups for an acoustic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Yep, I think that guitar is a laminate.

This looks a much better bet to me, for a similar price

http://www.thomann.de/gb/takamine_eg440sc.htm

laminated body, but a solid top.
    I would guess they would both sound ok when amplified, but the 440 would sound much better acoustically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Check out some of the lower ranged Yamaha's with solid tops, haven't played a bad one.

Tak is a great choice is any situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Tanglewood are good bang for buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I think I have that takamine but in a natural finish, not sure the exact model number though, so I could be wrong, and I think I paid a decent bit more than that, but it was a good while ago now. It's a G-series anyway, and it sounds great, really nice sound. I couldn't be happier with it, to the point I've no interest in upgrading to something more expensive, even if I could spend a lot.

Advertisement