Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD or Leicester

Options
  • 09-06-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm faced with a difficult choice. My situation is basically that I graduated in 2009 from TCD with a 1st in Civil Engineering and obviously since then there's been no sign of work. I since set-up the following which does quite well:

www.eiresim.com

I applied for a number of Msc's in the area of IT and after passing a programming exam I got accepted into Msc Networks and Distributed Systems in TCD.

However I've also been offered this in The University of Leicester so i'm in a bit of a pickle as to what to do..

http://www.tte-systems.com/node/149

Its an area I didn't know a huge amount about but have researched it and it seems to be an excellent opportunity to get into an area of IT that is pretty big.I did my interview for it last week and was delighted to get an offer, it seems to good to turn down. Is only 3 weeks of intensive College per year and then you basically work with the company for the rest of the year (with time off to study for exams also).

The only thing is that the course in Leicester begins on 28th June which leaves me with very little time.

Any advice/opinions would be great.

Thanks,

Cherrytaz

Advertisement