Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident near Cratloe yesterday evening?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Did anybody pass this yesterday evening?
    The traffic was being diverted up through Ballymorris and Cratloe heading from Shannon into Limerick.

Anybody know what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Melion wrote: »
    Did anybody pass this yesterday evening?
    The traffic was being diverted up through Ballymorris and Cratloe heading from Shannon into Limerick.

Anybody know what happened?

At What time (s)Mel?

They could have just closed the road to allow for completion of the round-about at the Raddisson maybe:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

No, i passed it just after 6pm though. Seemed to be 4-5 cars pulled up on the hard shoulder on the left side, just past the setrights flyover, with several people out of their cars looking towards the centre median. On the right side, where the people were looking there was an estate car pulled into the grass, with several people seem to be consoling/dealing with a young woman sitting on the grass.
    Traffic slowed to a stop then to allow the people in the middle to cross over to the left side. As i passed, i didnt see any obvious crash damage or injuries, but I was tending to keep my eyes more on the road then the cars, to avoid another accident!
    Just as i continued down the hill then a firetruck was coming from the shannon direction, followed by a gardai van.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I heard today a van crashed on the road to shannon and carreered through the central reservation to the limerick bound lane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Roadend wrote: »
    I heard today a van crashed on the road to shannon and carreered through the central reservation to the limerick bound lane

While i didnt see the van, I wouldnt be surprised. Similar has happened before on that road. All the stuff i saw was on limerick to shannon side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should this not be in Clare forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Mc Love wrote: »

Pernickety or what?
    Does it really make a difference that it was posted here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Mc Love wrote: »

implied-facepalm.jpg

Millie wrote: »
    Pernickety or what?
    Does it really make a difference that it was posted here??

It does - as this is the Limerick City forum and not the county clare one. They'd be up in arms if we tried to post something about Limerick in their one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It was on the road to Limerick. And you'd be waiting days for a response in that forum anyway.

Melion wrote: »
    It was on the road to Limerick. And you'd be waiting days for a response in that forum anyway.

Its not as bad as the Limerick County one though

• Advertisement
Advertisement