Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I am ordering this on Sunday, any other recommendations?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

A mouse will be added, unsure which. Please delete my other topic, mods.

281hts6.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Swapped RAM for this: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169240

So, I take it everything is in order?

EDIT; Added MX518

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

No need for the extra sata cables but I think I remember you saying you wanted to keep them anyway for some reason.

I'd go with this monitor - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168144 - My 2 of my friends and I have it and it's great. A bad experience or 2 with Samsung so I'd be more inclined to go with LG. Also you can save 10 quid on the DVI cable!

Any reason why your going with the most expensive 5770? Quiet cooler? For 25 pounds more you get a 5830. I would definitely go with that over the 5770 or at least one of the 5770s for 15 quid less. The stock 5770 really ain't not that loud at all. Although with mine I have a slight problem that the default fan wont go below 40% for some reason so I manually set it to 25% and when I enter a game I let it take over...(Should have a check to see if I can fix that again...):rolleyes:

If it was the choice between a HAF & 5770 or an Antec 300 & 5830 I'd go with the later.

I personally would have gone with an i5 but tbh either will be great and the i5s keep creeping up in price...

Hornd wrote: »
    No need for the extra sata cables but I think I remember you saying you wanted to keep them anyway for some reason.

I'd go with this monitor - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168144 - My 2 of my friends and I have it and it's great. A bad experiences or 2 with Samsung so I'd be more inclined to go with LG. Also you can save 10 quid on the DVI cable!

Any reason why your going with the most expensive 5770? Quiet cooler? For 25 pounds more you get a 5830. I would definitely go with that over the 5770 or at least one of the 5770s for 15 quid less. The stock 5770 really ain't not that loud at all. Although with mine I have a slight problem that the default fan wont go below 40% for some reason so I manually set it to 25% and when I enter a game I let it take over...(Should have a check to see if I can fix that again...):rolleyes:

If it was the choice between a HAF & 5770 or an Antec 300 & 5830 I'd go with the later.

I personally would have with an i5 but tbh either will be great and the i5s keep creeping up in price...

You know what? I'll go with that monitor, and I may get a cheaper case so as to get the 5830, I'll have to read some benchmarks first, thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

Its a nice monitor!

Yea have a look around but you'll end up with a better PC with a 5830 when saving on the case!

Whats the difference between the stock HAF and the one you have there by the way?

Edit: ahh Full and Mid. My bad

• Advertisement

Hornd wrote: »
    Its a nice monitor!

Yea have a look around but you'll end up with a better PC with a 5830 when saving on the case!

Whats the difference between the stock HAF and the one you have there by the way?

Edit: ahh Full and Mid. My bad

Yeah, I don't mind going with a mid tower though. Thanks for the suggestions, I may got with the 690II-Advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Nice machine!! Good choice of hardware for what is primarily a gaming machine?

Don't forget the england flag for only 20p - maybe with a deal like that, buy a bunch of them and sell the surplus on adverts! Better than French flags at least.

Rooney, Rooney,
    Rooney, Rooney,
    Rooney, Rooney,
    Rooney, Rooney..

Here's the shopping cart now, because I can't edit the first post.
    240x5dh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Here's the shopping cart now, because I can't edit the first post.
    240x5dh.png
    Are you sure that's not cheaper elsewhere? Get right a angled SATA cables instead. And that €100,000 warranty on your surge protector is redundant unless you live up north.

Are you sure that's not cheaper elsewhere? Get right a angled SATA cables instead. And that €100,000 warranty on your surge protector is redundant unless you live up north.

Don't care about the warranty, just want the extra sockets and surge protection.

That may be slightly cheaper at pixmania, but with my previous proposal, they had items going out of stock every few days, never once where they all in stock at the same time. Plus, postage is cheaper with Ebuyer.

• Advertisement

Quick Question, how long should I expect to spend building this? 3 or 4 hours?

2 hours -

but you might want to savour it,

I find spending a day on a machine is nice, take the day off or skip work / school / college, order pizza, beer, some mood music, etc... because its all down hill after I build it, and I start looking around at other prim looking star gazers.

So.. that day, that joyous day that you build her,

you never will get this day or feeling back, and you should live, like this day, or this computer, was the last computer you ever will build in you short and miserable life.

(kind of like the chase is better than the great potato debate).

Peace!

zappb wrote: »
    2 hours -

I find spending a day on a machine is nice, take the day off or skip work / school / college, order pizza, beer, some mood music, etc... because its all down hill after I build it, and I start looking around at other prim looking star gazers.

you never will get this day or feeling back, and you should live, like this day, or this computer, was the last computer you ever will build in you short and miserable life.

Peace!
    +1. If it's your first time, you'll want to take everything out of the box and enjoy each piece's beauty for a moment, maybe flick through the manuals for installation tips (e.g. for mounting the cooler). And you'll probably double-check that everything is clicked into place. It should take about an hour or so, but don't rush. Once everything is in place, spend another hour on cable management. It's much easier to do it after you've installed and plugged in everything than trying to do it as you go i think. It gives you a better view of what cables need to be routed where.

2 hours -

Peace!

Too bad I build it on an exam day :D

Quick Question, how long should I expect to spend building this? 3 or 4 hours?
    Too bad I build it on an exam day :D

The exam isn't even nearly as important.

The exam isn't even nearly as important.
    Try telling my mam that, she's more stressed over them than me.

In that case, you better go to your exam!

Also, try not to let your mum into your head like that.

But don't stress about them, I failed all my leaving cert and still did pretty good. and when i say pretty good, I mean really ****ing great.

When in doubt, go to griffith college, you have to pay a bit more (about the price of 2 of your computers) but man I swear you won't regret it. So many hot asian chicks there, like your own private harem.?

I'm writing this from Shanghai china right now, it's 4am, that kind of success only comes from Griffith.

Life is wonderful, and the fact you alive right now is amazing. so just think about that and not some silly stupid exam.

I feel sorry for you (because of the exam), (also the computer your going to buy, it's good, but i'd buy something totally different (just different tastes)

but I'm also glad your alive!

but I'm also glad your alive!

Thanks!

So many hot asian chicks there, like your own private harem.?

Too bad that the people who post in B&U generally don't get any chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

speak for yourself :o:o:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

massy086 wrote: »
    speak for yourself :o:o:o:o:o
    QFT :P

So Venom, is the new build on the way yet? Post some pics when you get the stuff!

QFT :P

So Venom, is the new build on the way yet? Post some pics when you get the stuff!

Sadly I have to order on Tuesday now, parent's rules :(

I will definitely post some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Good luck with it, should be a nice system. As mentioned, if its your first build, take your time....

BigEejit wrote: »
    Good luck with it, should be a nice system. As mentioned, if its your first build, take your time....

Yup, I've got from 1 O'clock onwards (I think that's a half hour after my german exam finishes) to build it, it's gonna be fun :D

Yup, I've got from 1 O'clock onwards (I think that's a half hour after my german exam finishes) to build it, it's gonna be fun :D
    Pro tip: build it on the kitchen table and not your bedroom floor.

Pro tip: build it on the kitchen table and not your bedroom floor.

Actually, I was going to allocate an entire room just for the purpose of building the computer, as my bedroom has carpet.

Swapped Powercolor card for Sapphire card, I get a free game with Sapphire and from googling and Toms Hardware Sapphire seem to be the better choice.

Swapped 650W for 750W, so in the future when I want to upgrade I can get a second 5830 instead of a whole brand new card.

Swapped 650W for 750W, so in the future when I want to upgrade I can get a second 5830 instead of a whole brand new card.
    In the future you might be better off selling the 5830 and swapping for a new 6/7xxx. Depends on how far in the future. 750 seems like a lot. You could run dual GTX 480's on that!

• Advertisement

in the future you mighty be better off selling the 30 and swapping for a new 6/7xxx. Depends on how far in the future. 750 seems like a lot. You could run dual GTX 480's on that!

Maybe, but I'd like to have the option anyway, infact, what if by then I have the money for two 6/7xxx cards? :D

Advertisement