Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I am ordering this on Sunday, any other recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Oh, BTW, I'm sure the 5830's second-hand won't be worth much with the 6XXX's, and a new one wouldn't be much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

what if by then I have the money for two 6/7xxx cards? :D
    Eh, they should be giving more performance for the same power consumption. It doesn't always go like that (fermi) but that would be the general expectation.

Eh, they should be giving more performance for the same power consumption. It doesn't always go like that (fermi) but that would be the general expectation.

Well, anyway, it's not the extra power I need, it's the extra PCI-E plugs.

Well, anyway, it's not the extra power I need, it's the extra PCI-E plugs.
    Riiiiight.

2 6-pins for a 5830, If I get a second one I'd really prefer to not use the Molex Adapters, prefer so much I'm willing to spend about €30 more on a better PSU.

• Advertisement

2 6-pins for a 5830, If I get a second one I'd really prefer to not use the Molex Adapters, prefer so much I'm willing to spend about €30 more on a better PSU.
    The HX650 has 4....

The HX650 has 4....

Maybe I'll go with that, considering it's modular and slightly cheaper.

The HX650 has 4....

Oh wait, were you getting a hx or tx series?

Oh wait, were you getting a hx or tx series?

I was getting a TX, which the 650W only has two 6+2 connectors.

I was getting a TX, which the 650W only has two 6+2 connectors.
    Oh right I thought you were getting the modular hx650 which has four. must be mixing it up with another thread!

• Advertisement

Oh right I thought you were getting the modular hx650 which has four. must be mixing it up with another thread!

Oh! :D

I think I'll go for the TX750 over the HX650. Only €3 or so more and I can hide the cables anyway.

Going with: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/219208 instead of CM690II advanced, I originally wanted to get a HAF anyway.

Changed processor to allow for 5850, in the future I was going to get a 1090T anyway, so may aswell save money now and get the better graphics card: jb44sx.png

W00t! Ordering tomorrow to arrive on Thurs/Friday!

W00t! Ordering tomorrow to arrive on Thurs/Friday!
    Will you be cross-firing then in the future?

Will you be cross-firing then in the future?

That's the plan, when I get the money for it!

Ordering within the next hour :D

F*&^! Paypal has decided not to work on Ebuyer, gonna risk it and order from Komplett, as despite all the negative stuff, I'm sure there's plenty of people who got their order succesfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

F*&^! Paypal has decided not to work on Ebuyer, gonna risk it and order from Komplett, as despite all the negative stuff, I'm sure there's plenty of people who got their order succesfully.

I did warn you about using Paypal with Ebuyer. You have to use Google Checkout, it's the only payment method that works.

Carne wrote: »
    I did warn you about using Paypal with Ebuyer. You have to use Google Checkout, it's the only payment method that works.

Yeah, but Google Checkout is no longer there. I ordered similar parts from Komplett anyway, here's hoping they'll arrive!

• Advertisement

Google Checkout is still on EBuyer, just checked. Anyways, good luck with your new build. :)

Google Checkout is still on EBuyer, just checked. Anyways, good luck with your new build. :)

Nope, only things under "- Alternatively checkout using: -"
    Is paypal.

Actually your right, hopefully it's just temporary though as I don't know how anyone in Ireland will be able to order from them again.

Actually your right, hopefully it's just temporary though as I don't know how anyone in Ireland will be able to order from them again.

Wish I was wrong, then I would cancel my Komplett order and get it from Ebuyer.

Make sure you post some pics of the finished build. :D

Make sure you post some pics of the finished build. :D

I certainly will (as long as it arrives)!

Advertisement