Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Kind of Thugs Do This??

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

This makes me so angry, why would anyone do this and cause such a problem for their passengers.

From Galway Bay FM News

CITY BUS COMPANY TARGETED BY VANDALS

June 9, 2010 - 12:12pm
    No City Direct Bus services are running in the city this morning after their entire fleet of buses were damaged overnight.
    Vandals damaged every bus belonging to the company, targeting engines and cutting fan belts.
    The company operates four different services in the west of the city with its distinctive red buses.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Whilst not for one minute condoning mindless vandalism, have you ever had to wait for one of these buses? A pumpkin carriage, pulled by unicorns and driven by Keyser Soze is more likely to show up on time.

That's a pretty horrific loss of earnings for them.. Would insurance cover that or just the physical damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Even if CB aren't the best bus company then this is over the top.
    Cutting belts show someone was deliberately targeting this company.
    Hope they get whoever did it and make them pay for the repairs and loss of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Jesus, that seems pretty personal and angry. Yeah, a lot of people wouldn't be big fans of the service or some of the staff, but that is a drastic act of vandalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Pretty scummy thing to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Unreal. What a strange story. I was telling it to a guy here and he told me a story of someone further up the country doing something similar over a falling out. Took off the sump nut on 13 vehicles in a fleet in the middle of the night of the night apparently, all ruined when they went driving off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That seems very specific damage for mindless vandalism. Sounds more like someone wants them out of business to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

AFAIK this is not the first or second time this company has been targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

This happens a lot more than you think? Thers was a resaon for this ! I'm involed in the haulage industry and hear this all the time and it's mostly down to un payed bills and under cutting rates.

Insurance do not cover this kind of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Would laugh if it was some buff in bus eireann that did it

• Advertisement

Someone really didn't want to start their Leaving this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

maybe it was the hoodratz? :P i joke before they come here tellin me im discriminating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

it was probably a load of bus ****.

I think it's time they coughed up the money for proper security at their depot. It's located up the road from the Rahoon cemetery, and from what i remember it's not fenced off very well, they need to get those proper big fences you get round factories etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

If you think about it, there is only one other transport service in the city that the city bus are competing against, and that service has become de-regulated to an extent that the ranks are full to the brim with it impossible to make a living from it. Just a theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Well if its happened before and they've no security....

Advertisement