Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENGINEERING TOMORROW!!

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

So engineering tomorrow ...how is everyone fixed??
    What are ye spending your last few hours studying ??:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 xCiViCx

Just looking over a few past papers really, you? Any idea what's coming up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 _Music_

Well im practising section A, becasue it is fairly repetitive! And just going over the answer to the mock question on the accelorometer! I think my other 4 quests should be okish! hopefully anyway:) Plastics can be tricky,the termenolgy of the chemical bonding and stuff:( So il be looking over that too! What about ye?

_Music_ wrote: »
    Well im practising section A, becasue it is fairly repetitive! And just going over the answer to the mock question on the accelorometer! I think my other 4 quests should be okish! hopefully anyway:) Plastics can be tricky,the termenolgy of the chemical bonding and stuff:( So il be looking over that too! What about ye?

Good idea on the Accelerometers.. Forgot about them!

Gotta practice Plastics, All Q1's, Terminology of Q3's (annealing, Tempering, etc)
    Crystallization, and that should be good enough! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 _Music_

Well thats what my teacher told me anyway... he said the mock question is almost always the same as the actual question! Oh ya that stuff is tricky so im leaving it out.:) Doing quest 2 5 6 7... They seem very doable so hopefully!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Can one of ye tell me the mock question on accelerometers? I wasn't there for the engineering mock so I never saw it...

• Advertisement

Can one of ye tell me the mock question on accelerometers? I wasn't there for the engineering mock so I never saw it...

Sure thing bud!

Section B - 50 Marks

Identify 3 applications where an accelerometer is commonly used.

List 5 types of motion that an accelerometer can be used to detect.

(i) Define acceleration
    (ii) Explain what MEMS are.

Describe, with the aid of a sketch, the operation of an electromechanical accelerometer.

Describe the sequence of operation of an accelerometer which uses hot gas to measure static lift.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

_Music_ wrote: »
    Well thats what my teacher told me anyway... he said the mock question is almost always the same as the actual question! Oh ya that stuff is tricky so im leaving it out.:) Doing quest 2 5 6 7... They seem very doable so hopefully!:rolleyes:

ya doing the same questions....Im staying well clear of plastics !!

Advertisement