Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice about tomorrow!

Options
  • 09-06-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I was wondering what do you guys think if I only studied Literary Genre for the comparative?

Deep down I think this is a huge risk but I just don't get General Vision and Viewpoint and we haven't done any other questions.

Helpsies! Pleasums!

Hope everyone got on good today too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

oohh, i wouldnt chance it if i were you.. :/ ...but then again, thats only my own opinion! if you do do that, make sure you have even a kiiinda-idea of general v&v or cultural context just to be on the safe side! :) so if lg doesnt come up you can at least bluff your way through an answer..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Once you know all your texts, a few key moments and the main titles to be discussed for each mode of comparison then you can answer any mode that comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MilesReilly

Don't worry about it, just study what you can today and tomorrow morning
    check out both of them. not much to say

General vision and view point doesn't seem to hard to understand

http://english.slss.ie/FAQ.html

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

I did the question earlier in the year on key moments for GV+V

I didn't do too badly but still could to a lot better. I can get an A in LG so I'm praying it comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 hmmmm52

yeah you should really go through any notes you have on v+v, learn the headings, some keywords (bright dark outlooks....pessimistic optimistic....critical, celebratory....) and when to use them. know the opening and endings of your three texts along with key moments and that should do!
    Literary Genre is looking very likely to come up though
    personally I'm leaving out cultural context its least likely to appear tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Could someone please explain what Literary Genre is?

Advertisement