Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War 2 Title 6 Update?

• 09-06-2010 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey guy's, Gears of War 2 Question

Since the new update i'm wonderin is it possible to get an achievment while playing social matches.

I wanna get the achievement "Annex: Now With Execution Rules"

It is got by winning an annex match on each flashback and combustible map (not custom)

Can this be achieved by doing it on social matches because its near impossible to get a ranked game?

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah you can. It will take you awhile though, you can't select the maps but the game will eventually cycle through them all. Estimates are that it will take 3 hours or so.

jumping in here but I'm a relatively new 360 owner. have Gears 2 and want to play horde online but there never seems to be any matches - can you join into random online horde games (and if so how) or do you need to have the maps collection so you can play social games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

glasso wrote: »
    jumping in here but I'm a relatively new 360 owner. have Gears 2 and want to play horde online but there never seems to be any matches - can you join into random online horde games (and if so how) or do you need to have the maps collection so you can play social games?

Sadly for the social games you must have all the map packs to play them.

A question for anyone who plays the ranked matches. Since the update has anyone had a problem finding games?
    It usually takes me with a party of 5 players about 10 mins to find a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

joining horde sessions online is invite onli unless its a private/custom match set up by a friend

joining horde sessions online is invite onli unless its a private/custom match set up by a friend

is that not a bit shyte? so I have to buy feckin' extra packs to play horde online basically without having friends who also have gow and want to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I'm a little frustrated by the update. I often seem to struggle to find a social game to dip into. One time I tried 3 times but it kept bringing me to my own game to start with, which I didn't really want. Eventually after the third time I just played away. Got to Wave 6 and still no one else had joined.

It would be better if Social games tried to gather at least 2/3 people beofre launching. It would also be better if the hosting could be swapped around, like in MW2. Is there some reason it can't be? Had a good social game going last night on Fuel Station only for the host to quit. Frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

is that not a bit shyte? so I have to buy feckin' extra packs to play horde online basically without having friends who also have gow and want to play?

You can still play ranked on the regular maps only, but to play Social you'll need the map packs. The full lot of them is 800 points for the time being I think. Still a cost, but better than full whack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

do i onli get 250 xp for any game on social? i played a couple o guardian games and in each game i got 10 plus kills an still onli getting 250 [points. wot de **** like????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

do i onli get 250 xp for any game on social? i played a couple o guardian games and in each game i got 10 plus kills an still onli getting 250 [points. wot de **** like????

Well you are just playing against the computer. If someone else jumps into your game you get the proper XP and if you want the proper XP you can go play public matches. It's your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Even if one of your friends jumps in on your team the XP goes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

I am having simlar problems since the update... I only own the basic game and when I try to play ANY multiplayer game online.. IF I can get teamed with other players it takes FOREVER..
    Is there anything I can do..PLEASE:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BazzVanChazz

Ordin73 wrote: »
    I am having simlar problems since the update... I only own the basic game and when I try to play ANY multiplayer game online.. IF I can get teamed with other players it takes FOREVER..
    Is there anything I can do..PLEASE:confused:

Change your locale to united kingdom. you will find games in no time except in the early hours of the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Really disappointed at the difficulty in playing horde games at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Yeah, we should probably all just sit tight for gears 3 and PRAY the devs are aware of the tidal wale of bull**** problems they coded into this game. GOW1 was so much more efficient in terms of the online.

Changing your locale to the UK really does work for me thnks to the tip I was given. So give it a go, it pairs up much quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

Thanks sooo much ...changed the locate...IT Worked ;) Cheers

Advertisement