Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biggest Dry Fly on the Corrib

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I've seen a few of them over the years on the river in Kilcolgan and also on the shannon so not so sure they're that rare... they sound like a helicopter as they pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

viper123 wrote: »
    I've seen a few of them over the years on the river in Kilcolgan and also on the shannon so not so sure they're that rare... they sound like a helicopter as they pass.

im sure you have and so have many people, but there is a big difference in recording it , or just seeing a big fly pass by at speed, as there is no mistaken identity as there are similar types of dragonflies, nearly the same size and nearly the same colour, but not.....

sent the vid to the dragon fly dudes in ireland .... waiting on them to show me some photos of irish found .... and sure it looks a bit different to the ones iv seen in the past ,,, some are yellow and turn green when mature,,,,

I cant find any photos of them from Ireland let alone the Corrib...can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

all those photos are from England.................. and the reports in ireland are visual not photographed.... so not recordable....

its like saying i seen a giant brownie when in fact all you seen is a salmon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

all those photos are from England.................. and the reports in ireland are visual not photographed.... so not recordable....

SAW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

shblob wrote: »
    SAW
    Lolled:)

Ah sure next time I see one I'll knock it on the head with the side of a knife blade and get you your picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I agree, ;-)

Advertisement