Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the teachers look at your papers when they get back to the school??

Options
  • 09-06-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

They seem to be very strict about only you being able to view them. I'd imagine not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I know they see your results, but not your actual papers, unless you want one of them to check it with you incase you think you've been marked unfairly

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I know they see your results, but not your actual papers, unless you want one of them to check it with you incase you think you've been marked unfairly
    So the school gets a copy of people points?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I'm sure you can ask a teacher to go in with you and look at your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

last year my biology teacher said she went up and helped students go through the marking scheme looking for extra marks so i think its yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Only if asked by the student. Otherwise no, not allowed. They only return the papers that are requested anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Only if asked by the student. Otherwise no, not allowed. They only return the papers that are requested anyway.

^^

This!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

No.Unless they're asked.
    No offence to your hard work guys, but do you really think any teacher in their right mind has either the time or interest to go trawling back through the papers of their 6th/3rd year classes? Most of them are on their holidays!! That's like asking you to re-read your summer exam papers after they've been corrected in the middle of July!
    Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

What are you talking about!! Im sure this is during the school year, and my teachers said they'd have no problem looking over papers with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

dan_d wrote: »
    No.Unless they're asked.
    No offence to your hard work guys, but do you really think any teacher in their right mind has either the time or interest to go trawling back through the papers of their 6th/3rd year classes? Most of them are on their holidays!! That's like asking you to re-read your summer exam papers after they've been corrected in the middle of July!
    Don't worry about it.
    You can't view your Junior Cert script.
    Many teachers are happy to go through your script to see if you can get extra marks in a re-check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

shblob wrote: »
    What are you talking about!! Im sure this is during the school year, and my teachers said they'd have no problem looking over papers with me.
    Yes it is, and I'm sure they won't have a problem, if asked.

However, why would they want to read through every paper, whether the student wants them to or not?

Plus as a matter of principle, papers are confidential to the student and anyone else *they* ask to view them with them ... though many students do choose to ask their teacher, for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

stainluss wrote: »
    So the school gets a copy of people points?
    Yes. The school gets a copy of your Leaving certificate results. But only your results.

Yes it is, and I'm sure they won't have a problem, if asked.

However, why would they want to read through every paper, whether the student wants them to or not?

Plus as a matter of principle, papers are confidential to the student and anyone else *they* ask to view them with them ... though many students do choose to ask their teacher, for obvious reasons.
    Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

It's usually the first week in September (or around that time) -before you waste money on a recheck or risk getting a lower grade in a recheck you can request to view your scripts (all or just a specific subject). You can ask your teacher to accompany you to view the paper (or a parent or whoever you think would be a help to you in making the decision). You get an allocated time and then are given the script (in a supervised setting so you can't alter what you wrote...fix spellings etc) - after reading it and looking at the marks awarded for each question you'll have a better idea whether a recheck is worth it or not. Some students do it out of curiousity and not with a view to rechecks- just want to know the percentage mark as well as how they did on certain sections. Might be useful if you were planning on repeating.

The teachers see the results you get (A1, C2 etc) but unless you ask a teacher to view the script with you, they don't have access to those scripts.

Advertisement