Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas at rush hour

• 09-06-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone had any info on what the green Luas line is like at rush hour? The one that goes to Sandyford. Say around 8.20am and then back into town around 5.30pm. Does it get packed at Stephen's Green? I'd be getting on a few stops later, would I need a crowbar to get on? Also how do the numbers affect the commute time? From where I am it was about 15 minutes out to Sandyford, but this was in the middle of the day, I'd imagine with more people getting on and off that figure would rise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Short answer - no you will not need a crowbar - you are going against the main traffic flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Luas gets busy both ways in the morning. I used the green line for over a year.

It really depends on what stops, I also don't think I got on that early. The times are fairly static, if it's 15 minutes at mid day, it should be 15 minutes at rush hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

The trams leaving SSG around 8.30am and leaving Sandyford at 5.30pm are quite busy but never uncomfortably so. You'll be fine. Outside of those times it's a lot quieter. The time is fairly constant, end to end is usually between 18 and 20 minutes.

Advertisement