Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hidden treasure

• 09-06-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

has anyone seen any???
    what i mean is ,maybee when you are strolling around your lbs you come across a hidden gem, a high end frame , could be a few years old, was the bees knees when they came out , but as time has gone on, slowly but surley it has been pushed further and further out of the limelight.
    "have you seen one lately"??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

you cant see 'hidden' treasure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Of course you can .
    "its invisible treasure you cant see silly"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I found a full chocolate malteser in a packet of maltesers today, does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

My best bit of LBS bargain hunting was in the basement of cycleways. I got the last pair of Specialized S-works road shoes in my size for less than half price.

I suspect that there are bargains to be had among the stuff hanging from the roof in cycleogical, but you'd have to put in two to three years of ingratiating small talk with the staff before starting to haggle.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I found a full chocolate malteser in a packet of maltesers today, does that count?
    now thats what i call "hidden treasure"
    its just that i dont think it would look to good with a set of wheels on it, however tasty it might be:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

My LBS has (or possibly had) one of the special edition Trek bikes from 1999 when LA won his third TdF. Only 1999 of them were made and the price for it was 5000 euro.

where would be the best place to find cervelo frames ?
    i would love a 2007 black and red R3.
    anyone seen one on their travels ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

A friend got himself a High Nelly last week for 150 euro that looks like it just came from the factory. The Chain had ben covered with an oil soaked cloth and then the frame wrapped in a heavy cloth. It had been kept in a heated basement and had not been outside for 30 years. It can definitely be described as a hidden treasure

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanhunt

11sze2p.jpg

I found this 1996 trek frame all rusted and skip bound a couple of
    months ago, 197euro later, some love and few bits and pieces and
    its like brand new. Delighted with it, really nice bike for commuting.

Advertisement