Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Financial Services

Options
  • 09-06-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Interviews are coming up for this in a week just wondering does anybody know what type of questions they ask is it a formal/informal interview (suit & tie) Any advice /tips will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

hoff1 wrote: »
    Interviews are coming up for this in a week just wondering does anybody know what type of questions they ask is it a formal/informal interview (suit & tie) Any advice /tips will be greatly appreciated!

Shared a couple of modules with these guys last year.

I'd say go with the suit and tie, it's a big deal in fairness and it is probably the MSc in the KBS with most applicants year on year so competition will be strong.

As for questions, take a look at the course outline and come up with something to talk about for each module. Intl Corporate Finance is an easy place to start. Throw out some facts about FX or arbitrage opportunities and you'll be well on your way.

Finally, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭fire_man

have an interview on Monday,any help on how i should prepare would be gud.thanks

Is there anyone waiting to hear from the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Got offered a spot today. Anyone else hear back?

I am on the waiting list,im a bit disappointed,i taught i would get it.Whats your background,Have you just graduated or have u some work experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 whackattak

I just got offered a place and was wondering can anyone give me some info on the year ahead in terms of work load etc. I am working in financial services at present and they have agreed to give me time off to do course. Would it be possible to continue working while trying to do study and attend lectures etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Hi Whachattack,

From talking to someone who did it last year it will be difficult to work and study unless you are very disciplined and organised. You may be able to do it during the 3 month dissertation.

Congrats on the place and see you in a few weeks (doing the comp finance masters)

Advertisement