Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Management on HL English Paper II

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
    I ran out of time on Paper I today so my short story was only a page an a half, so I was wondering how I should manage my time for Higher Level English Paper II tomorrow. How much time should I spend on each question etc? Tomorrow I will try to be a lot more aware of the time.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

PS Is the examiner allowed to give you extra time at the end of each exam? I remember getting lots of extra time in the Junior Cert, but the supervisor today barely gave me a few minutes. :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I do:

2-2.50: Poetry
    2.50-3.10: Unseen Poetry
    3.10-4.15: Comparative
    4.15-5.15: KL
    5.15-5.20: Read/Finish

If you find yourself going over the time for the original plan in a question and you haven't finished it, leave it and MOVE ON. you can go back at the end if you have time then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

brian1991 wrote: »
    PS Is the examiner allowed to give you extra time at the end of each exam? I remember getting lots of extra time in the Junior Cert, but the supervisor today barely gave me a few minutes. :/

No, they're not. You shouldn't have gotten any extra time at all in the JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I think you knew the answer to that before you even typed it out. :rolleyes:
    Of course they're not, you're supposed to get the exact same amount of time as everyone else. Why else would you be calling it "extra" time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Hi,

Only if you are in a separate centre and have a written letter from the SEC saying you are being given extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I think you knew the answer to that before you even typed it out. :rolleyes:
    Of course they're not, you're supposed to get the exact same amount of time as everyone else. Why else would you be calling it "extra" time?

I had a premonition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement