Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The likelihood of Yeats?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

Well just finished a Yeats study session there so I'm praying that he appears on the paper tommorow-but what do you think are the chance of this occurring?

I'm going to browse some Kavanagh notes now too in order to have a back-up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

my teacher predicted yeats and rich... dunno why she predicted rich tbh... but im doing boland and yeats
    so i hope he is up!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I think pretty much everyone is expecting him to come up. A lot of teachers have predicted Yeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

I think pretty much everyone is expecting him to come up. A lot of teachers have predicted Yeats.
    Judging by comments on this website, and by most people I know, half the country are counting on yeats or boland. Surely one of them must come up,right?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Wasn't it his anniversary this year or last year? Surely he'll come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Judging by comments on this website, and by most people I know, half the country are counting on yeats or boland. Surely one of them must come up,right?:cool:

but maybe they'l try & double bluff us & put on like..eliot & walcott & keats..people who nobodys really prepared for..!

• Advertisement

ajjmk wrote: »
    but maybe they'l try & double bluff us & put on like..eliot & walcott & keats..people who nobodys really prepared for..!

I doubt they'd ever do that. Also if you'd studied your 5 poets you'd be safe for all eventualities =P Then again I only did 4 so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

Well if they do I will defo fail english, p1 went fairly bad already...whats the story with failing english anyway, is it as bad as failing maths?
    can ya get into college if ya failed it?
    I dont have a clue how it works, anyone care to enlighten me??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I doubt they'd ever do that. Also if you'd studied your 5 poets you'd be safe for all eventualities =P Then again I only did 4 so :D

yeah i only did 4 too!,,.well 5 really, but im not counting rich cos i hate her with a passion & dont even know the names of her poems, let alone her themes & deeper meanings & shtuff..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

the tests arent there to catch us out theres a pattern and yeats is likely walcotts not

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'd love Eliot :)
    I've covered him as well so I hope he comes up.

Yeats, Kavanagh, Eliot Longley. Come on guys!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Also if you'd studied your 5 poets you'd be safe for all eventualities =P Then again I only did 4 so :D

I only studied 4 too.
    I chose them on chances of appearing though so I think that decreases the risk a lot. Yeats, Kavanagh, Longley and Eliot. No women :confused:, we only did Boland and I wasn't impressed so sticking with the men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭one1

I studied Kavanagh, Yeats, Longely and Boland :confused:

Whats your predictions for the comparative?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    the tests arent there to catch us out theres a pattern and yeats is likely walcotts not

No, they dont want there to be a noticable pattern. Theyre not going to try and bluff us, but they also dont want us to know whos coming up...

I did 4, so theres a 1.4% chance none of mine will come up:p

That said, Im better at some than others

Victoria. wrote: »
    I only studied 4 too.
    I chose them on chances of appearing though so I think that decreases the risk a lot. Yeats, Kavanagh, Longley and Eliot. No women :confused:, we only did Boland and I wasn't impressed so sticking with the men.

Assuming that there's a woman every year on the paper (yes I know they don't have to do it, but let's assume there is) that leaves us with 3 men every year. There's 6 men on our course this year. That means that you only need to cover 4 men to be completely sure that one of them will come up. So you're safer than people like me who did 3 men and 1 woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

On Countdown to 906 Mr. English man predicted:

Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh, Eliot

I reeeallly want Longley though. Isn't it his last year on the course for now or something so the liklihood is pretty good for him too.

Yeats seems like a definite this year anyway so you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Longley and Eliot are not on the course next year. Neither are Walcott or Keats, not that it matters much.

Advertisement