Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing this weekend in Clare

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

so I'm off for a stag weekend in Lahinch, and the predictions from magicseaweed don't look great. So alternatives to I have? I'll be ringing Ben's Clinic later on, but there are 14 of us and some are total beginners. I believe Ben might bring us to some place better...

I've been to doughmore beach with my own boards, but I only have my own board... perhaps this is a better beach.

I'd hate the surfing weekend to be a weekend withoug surf (planing on going saturday and sunday)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

You will only remember the first hour or two !!!

Sorry I wont be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

^^ ha, that u cuz? Has to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Doughmore beach can be a bit rippy with currents - far from ideal beginner conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Well sussed.
    Ye'll have a great time, I'm sure the none surfers will be thrilled just to get out paddling the boards around.
    Was swimming in Carrigaholt 2 weeks ago, the water is still VERY VERY cold. Maybe cause I was hung over it felt worse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Agree with macanri, Doughmore beach is not suitable for beginners. Just because some of the schools / rentals decide to make a few quid renting gear there, that does not make it safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Spanish Point usually picks up more swell than Lahinch, so it could be worth checking out.

I definitely wouldn't bring that many beginners to Doonbeg, way too dodgy.
    It's not really a beginners beach at all.

Advertisement