Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ardkeen Car Park Rant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

picture3.jpg

Inconsiderate drivers/passengers who door bang another car adjacent to them or damage someones car reversing in car parks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The Tesco Ardkeen car park is famous even in Tesco terms. Nobody who works there parks between the trolley sheds and the door, unless you want to get your car re-sprayed every weekend. I have a scratch on the passenger door and a hole form a jeep exhaust in my back bumper and I got off lightly.

I have approached useless parkers before as a customer and had the head bitten off me. Once I had my Tesco uniform visible under my coat and I was told to f*** off, and told Frisby would hear about this!

I have a catalog of photos of cars parked in the most ludicrous positions, I think we should do a name and shame. The place that annoys me the most is the cross-hatched area beside the disabled spaces for the emergency services.... never free.

Funny, it's not a problem in Poleberry!

Tesco can't put parking violation stickers on cars as they really do not own the car park. Even if you do approach customers they usually say the are in Next and have nothing to do with Tesco etc.

One thing that would help, is if Frisby put up bollards at the set down area where the back of people's cars are usually parked, this means you would q up to let some one out and the person behind you couldn't move till you moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

merlante wrote: »
    Also, speaking of coach set down areas, why do coaches and heavy vehicles think they can just park in the inner lane on the Quay. What a joke. Even though I head along the Quay towards Bilberry every morning, there is practically 0% chance that I can do it without moving to the outer lane and back again.

I'm sorry but its because the loading bays that are there aren't enough. You could be lucky enough to get a spot in a loading bay and still have to walk halfway along the quay with what your trying to deliver.

Ledger

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ledger wrote: »
    I'm sorry but its because the loading bays that are there aren't enough. You could be lucky enough to get a spot in a loading bay and still have to walk halfway along the quay with what your trying to deliver.

Ledger

Its also because non-commercial vehicles park in the loading bays for either hours or while they "nip" into shops so they end up taking them up so trucks etc can't use them.

The worst place for double parking is also around Centra, usually I don't bother pulling into the left lane until after Centra because I'm wasting my time to do so before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yeah stupid car drivers have no consideration about us truck drivers that need to deliver to these very shops every day and park where they feel like pure lazyness!!!! i always make it very hard for a person like this the get out of a loading bay by parking right up the arse of there car lol should teach em a lesson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

i always make it very hard for a person like this the get out of a loading bay by parking right up the arse of there car lol should teach em a lesson

That's so mean but I like it :D

C_Dawg wrote: »
    That's so mean but I like it :D
    well its people like that that make my day longer as i have to park further and drag a delivery a bit further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

well its people like that that make my day longer as i have to park further and drag a delivery a bit further

who do you drive for out of interest?

Ledger

Ledger wrote: »
    who do you drive for out of interest?

Ledger
    i work as a sales rep with kerry foods ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spikadelica

Looking at great parking outside new Crystal Plant is this online camera or what ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Suppose 2 people park in bad positions, over lines and you come along and park in between (and are therefore also in a bad position over lines).

Then if the other 2 cars leave you will look like the fool for parking in a bad position although it was really other peoples fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I think those lines are not supposed to be there. They are left over from the old parking and have not been removed yet. AFAIK, that parking, when finished, is only for coaches and cars will be using Bolton St. car park when that is finished. It's probably just builders and maybe Crystal workers parking there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Had a chap asking me for money for petrol yesterday. He said he was from kerry and was supposed to be selling 2 horse saddles to some chap who never showed. He showed me his license and everything.

The part I found funny was he knew actually where the bank machine was and he said he had only got there a few minutes ago. :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Had a chap asking me for money for petrol yesterday. He said he was from kerry and was supposed to be selling 2 horse saddles to some chap who never showed. He showed me his license and everything.

The part I found funny was he knew actually where the bank machine was and he said he had only got there a few minutes ago. :rolleyes:

A member of staff had this exact story a few days ago, Kerry the horses every thing, good thing you didn't give him any money.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    A member of staff had this exact story a few days ago, Kerry the horses every thing, good thing you didn't give him any money.
    whats a kerryman and horses got to do with anything?? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Who's taking the horse to France?

Check out this post from the motors forum,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66942554&postcount=900

pretty bad but I have seen worse!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Check out this post from the motors forum,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66942554&postcount=900

pretty bad but I have seen worse!!

:o im guilty of parking there like that sometimes ><

Sully wrote: »
    :o im guilty of parking there like that sometimes ><

You'd better wish I'm not there, I find constant application of the horn results in a swift exit by the offending car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Think thats bad, I was out there about 2 weeks ago when it was fairly hot out, there was a car parked out by the front entrace,parked "not in a real space" with a baby asleep on its own, i was watching it for about 10 mins and no one came near the car so I went in and told security...discraceful :mad:

• Advertisement

I have had this so many times, it disgraceful, last time the police asked us to take photos if possible. But in reality they don't really do anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have had this so many times, it disgraceful, last time the police asked us to take photos if possible. But in reality they don't really do anything.

They cant do anything in a private car park....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Good point. Similarly, they would be reluctant to get involved in a dispute over damage that 'accidentally' happened to one of these cars, right?

gscully wrote: »
    Good point. Similarly, they would be reluctant to get involved in a dispute over damage that 'accidentally' happened to one of these cars, right?

Different ball game afaik, you still damaged someones car so insurance details etc are swapped and the guards could be called as a witness to confirm the damage that either party is reporting to their insurer.

If it was missed, and CCTV showed the person who did the damage, the Guards can get involved. If you commit a crime - you can still be punished, regardless if its public or private property.

Parking disputes in private property are a little different as the laws surrounding that are more aimed at public property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I hate people parking right outside tesco, in the disabled spots or on those yellow boxes at the end of the parking line. I said it to a few people in my time, in general the response is ignorant, one woman said sure what harm is it. I returned sarcastically, ''no its not a problem at all sure only until someone has to swing out because of your car to see whats coming down the road and then runs over a kid, no harm at all''.

Another time, i was pushing a trolley, someone had parked on pedestrian crossing so i walked directly into the side of the car with my trolley while ACCIDENTLY looking away for a second, what a shame.

Personally i think Irish people are in general just ignorant, there is an attitude around that rules of the road and other things are there as a guideline, not to be fully observed, hence a poor attitude is created and ingnorance of consequences follows shortly.

Max Powers wrote: »

Personally i think Irish people are in general just ignorant, there is an attitude around that rules of the road and other things are there as a guideline, not to be fully observed, hence a poor attitude is created and ingnorance of consequences follows shortly.

No it's just that car park.

On a serious note if someone parks on the hatched lines at the end of the disabled spaces or right in front of the door, a child will be knocked down as an approaching car can't see them. I've seen loads of near misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

We should print off some of these and put them on the stupid drivers' cars, all sarcastic like!

European%20Standard%20Parking%20Award%20logo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Max Powers wrote: »
    I hate people parking right outside tesco, in the disabled spots or on those yellow boxes at the end of the parking line. I said it to a few people in my time, in general the response is ignorant, one woman said sure what harm is it. I returned sarcastically, ''no its not a problem at all sure only until someone has to swing out because of your car to see whats coming down the road and then runs over a kid, no harm at all''.

Another time, i was pushing a trolley, someone had parked on pedestrian crossing so i walked directly into the side of the car with my trolley while ACCIDENTLY looking away for a second, what a shame.

Do you produce some kind of a newsletter or something, because I'd like to sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I doubt that's true, because if you are going to open a car park to traffic then surely you have to make sure that the rules of the road, etc. are enforced. I mean, for example, Tesco couldn't just decide to come up with their own road signs, and their own rules for when signaling could be ignored. So that being the case, if people are parking in disabled spots or in the middle of the road, then either Tesco or the cops or both should be able to do something about it.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't just open a car park off the ORR and allow people to drive into it and do what they want, in order to allow access to my carpark, surely I'd have to agree to council conditions and normal road markings, regulations, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Yesterday I went into tesco around lunch time and as usual there were cars all parked ass-ways at the taxi and drop off point. As I was walking up a cop car drove down past these cars so naturally I thought, 'Oh lets see what they do!'. They themselves parked 1m away from the pedestrian crossing and went inside. To get some doughnuts no doubt.

I dont even bother parking down near the doors any more, I always park up near the entrance and walk down. Not worth the bother of getting my doors scraped and banged up by trolleys and careless people.

Advertisement